http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sega Master System  (Read 831 times)
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2005, 08:41:38 AM »

I wanted a new (old) systme recently, so I did some searching, and decided I just needed the Sega Master System. Ive been loving it. The games I have so far are (all came with the system for about $20 total, great deal I though):

-Shinobi (one of my most favorite games, fun little side scroller)
-Phantasy Star (great game, the reason I bought the system)
-Wonder Boy in Monster Land (havnt had much of a chance to play it, pretty fun thoguh)
-Reggie Jackson Baseball (havnt tried it yet)
- Monopoly ( biggrin love monopoly)
- Black Belt (eh, ok, not great but still fun)
- Space Harrier (havnt tried it yet)
- Space Harrier 3D (dont have the 3D glasses, still trying to get ahold of those)
- Wonder Boy 3 - (fun, havnt played it much though)
- Alien Syndrome (havnt played it yet, looks fun though)
- Safari Hunt (havnt played it yet, trying to get ahold of a light gun for it)
- Some motor bike game (cant remember the name, fun but not a big deal)

Im bidding on sonic on ebay right now, hoping to get it for a couple of days or so, and im looking for an alex kidd game. What other games should I be looking for? I have almost no experience with the SMS, as I am a bit young for it (genesis was my first favorite system).

Also, what is the card in the front for, I cant seem to find out what it is. I did some searching online, but to no avail. I just cant seem to find out the information.

Anyways, just wanted to say it is a great system. Ive always been a sega guy. Never owned a nintendo system until the gamecube. Always went with the sega, except I skipped the saturn. Im looking for that now. Anyways, anyone have any game recomendations? Or iunformation on the card slot?

Oh, also, what is with some of them being one mega, some two mega, three and four mega cartridges? I just dont get it. It doesnt seem to matter though. Just curious about it.
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 12:49:46 PM »

I keep itching to buy a Sega Genesis so I can play NHL 93, Shadowrun, and Earthworm Jim again.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »

They sold games that came on little cards, as well as cartridges.  I never owned one.

Double Dragon and Wonder Boy in Monster Land were my favorites.  Maze Hunter was pretty cool, but I don't know how well it would work without the 3D glasses.  Alien Syndrome was pretty good.  Shinobi was great.
Amalzain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:18:35 PM »

If you're a fan of Phantasy Star, then, beyond the sequels, there's also the Y's games.  I remember going down the street to a friend's house to play on his Master System.  He also really liked the Master System version of Tennis.  Those two and Alex Kidd are the three I remember playing.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:02:36 AM »

Just searchin ebay for some more games. Im looking for the Y's but im hoping to get it complete. That is what I have been trying to do. If I buy the game, I try to make sure the manual is complete. Somehow just makes me feel better about my purchase.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 04:33:03 PM »

In addition to the card/cartridge thing, sega cartridges came in different sizes.  So the X mega(bits?) indicate how big the game was.  Bigger games could have more graphics and whatnot.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »

Got my new light gun in the mail today, and finally got to play safari hunt. Fun game, unfortunatly, that is my only light gun so far. Im on the lookout for more though! Anyone have light gun game recommendations?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: