http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 01:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screencaps from the Gamestop/EB Oblivion DVD  (Read 2749 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »

Pretty nice! It's been leaked onto the internet now.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »

This is not the torrent you are looking for.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 12:42:37 PM »

Heheh...

Bethesda is freaking out about this over on the official forums. I don't really see why. It's just a video, I don't see why retailers are so damn special that they can view it, but their hardcore fans are not allowed.

Yeah, that's really fair.

BTW, the video KICKS ASS! This game is going to be f'ing amazing.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 01:59:07 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Bethesda is freaking out about this over on the official forums. I don't really see why. It's just a video, I don't see why retailers are so damn special that they can view it, but their hardcore fans are not allowed.

You dare to question your master?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

:roll:

Do you ever have anything positive to say or do you just go through life with a chip on your shoulder about everything?

Enjoy things for a change, these are games, they are supposed to be fun and you are supposed to get excited about them. Bethesda is not my master, but I do enjoy their games and thus am excited about another Elder Scrolls game.

Maybe you should find another hobby?

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 07:24:20 PM »

BTW, the video KICKS ASS! This game is going to be f'ing amazing.
I couldn't get either resolutions to play!  crybaby

Also,
-Lord Ebonstone- wrote:
Hetz wrote:

I took this to be a joke - and found it very funny!  Re-read it and see what you think... If I'm wrong, then I'm a sucker, but life's too short to worry about that!

AND I have no problem with calling Bethesda my master, lol - I played Morrowind until the disc was practically worn through to the "paint" (okay, that's a joke too! But I played it over and over and over and... well, you get the point!)  And if Oblivion is anywhere near like Morrowind, I'll be in total heaven - say "buh-bye" to me after Nov. 22!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 07:49:07 PM »

Yup, once Oblivion enters into the picture, I'll go on social life embargo for about 2 weeks straight, and am very much looking forward to it.  biggrin

Also, I don't think LE meant it the way you took it there, Hetz.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 08:48:31 PM »

Thirded. If you're gonna let your Freak Fanboy Flag Fly, you gotta be prepared to take some ribbing.

Game looks sweet, except that last screenshot.

I want to play it up the ass.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 09:55:26 PM »

Maybe I did take it wrong. *shrug*

I just know what LE has said in the past to me about this, so I took it a certain way.

Anyway, back on topic, this game is going to own all when it comes out. How anyone can watch this video and not be excited about it is beyond me. Even if I wasn't a fanboy for this game, the graphics alone would have my jaw on the floor.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 10:14:52 PM »

Yup. I watched the video, and it continously made me quiver with delight. It really does look absolutely amazing, and I am very pleased to see the physics being well at work in the game.

Poor doggie, though.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 11:00:59 PM »

Maybe I did take it wrong. *shrug*

I just know what LE has said in the past to me about this, so I took it a certain way.

Anyway, back on topic, this game is going to own all when it comes out. How anyone can watch this video and not be excited about it is beyond me. Even if I wasn't a fanboy for this game, the graphics alone would have my jaw on the floor.

Maybe is an understatement, but that's why we love you and your over exuberance for anything Elder Scrolls.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 11:08:29 PM »

Are you guys getting sound from the DVD ISO?  I can see the video just fine but no audio.   :cry:
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 12:54:08 AM »

http://www.videolan.org/

Bless freeware.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 01:19:29 AM »

Quote from: "Fellow"

No I mean I can play it just fine but there's literall no audio.  I checked the DVD directory and the Audio_TS folder is empty.  I guess someone ripped it out to make it smaller.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 02:13:10 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "Fellow"

No I mean I can play it just fine but there's literall no audio.  I checked the DVD directory and the Audio_TS folder is empty.  I guess someone ripped it out to make it smaller.

The Audio TS folder is always empty. I get sound just fine in my home DVD player and with Power DVD 6.0 on my computer.

Make sure the ISO image is 1.28 GB.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 02:42:15 AM »

And what I'm saying is that it's possible media player, for whatever reason, doesn't have the right codecs/support for audio in this specific case, so give VideoLan a try. smile

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 03:13:47 AM »

Wow, that looks really amazing.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 05:38:54 AM »

I actually have the DVD and while I'm excited, I was a little bummed at the frame rate stuttering I saw in the demo by Todd Howard.  Hopefully that'll all be gone by release.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 06:38:45 AM »

I will ask tomorrow and see if, um, anyone has a problem with us posting all these links here. I dont know that KD would necessarily care, but I will ask Kathode anyways.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 12:16:33 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I will ask tomorrow and see if, um, anyone has a problem with us posting all these links here. I dont know that KD would necessarily care, but I will ask Kathode anyways.

Well....IGN has the video up now in their media section for Oblivion.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 12:59:49 PM »

Visit the Xbox section of Oblivion to find the links. They're low resolution (320x160), but they're more than watchable.

From my understanding, on the Bethesda forums, the mods are deleting all posts even mentioning IGN right now.

I'm still gonna pull the torrent though. High resolution for the win. biggrin

Edit: Holy mother of fuck. I just watched the video, and...damn. To put it bluntly - I'm floored at how good this game looks. It's just amazing.

And Christmas? It better not be Christmas. Just under two months at current expectations is too long of a wait as it is. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 02:34:55 PM »

If anyone stumbles upon a link that is not a torrent, that might play on an old laptop, can you post it please?  The IGN ones are all for "Insiders Only" it seems, and I can't get the original link to play.
Thanks!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 02:37:02 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
If anyone stumbles upon a link that is not a torrent, that might play on an old laptop, can you post it please?  The IGN ones are all for "Insiders Only" it seems, and I can't get the original link to play.
Thanks!  Tongue

Well, here's some direct IGN links for non-insiders. Click away and download. Worked for me:

Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3
Movie 4

NOTE: Pull these now. I just tested the link, and got a 'you need to join our Insider' bullshit for one of them. But I tried it a second time, and got it to work just fine.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »

Wow, those are awesome - I can't wait!

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »

Thanks, Destructor!

It worked!  Um... wowie-zowie  :shock:  I swear I will go crazy waiting for this (although that's probably too late, lol)...  crybaby  UN-you-know-what-Believable!!!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 05:35:23 PM »

Ok then there is obviously no point, I thought this was more underground than it is smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »

I just watched the movies a second time here at work and I'm still as floored as I was the first time. Kathode - tell your crew over at Bethesda that you have the RPG to end all RPGs right now in your hands.

Me and many, many other fans, are anxiously awaiting your masterpiece. Just please don't let it come out at Christmas like the video states. biggrin

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 07:05:02 PM »

Ok then there is obviously no point, I thought this was more underground than it is smile

It started out that way....but people have been so starved for Oblivion info/videos, that it spread like wildfire through the internet and is now available for download on nearly every gaming news site.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 07:06:50 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
I just watched the movies a second time here at work and I'm still as floored as I was the first time. Kathode - tell your crew over at Bethesda that you have the RPG to end all RPGs right now in your hands.

Me and many, many other fans, are anxiously awaiting your masterpiece. Just please don't let it come out at Christmas like the video states. biggrin

Ditto on all of the above.

This looks like it will be the greatest RPG ever made....and will probabily win many game of the year awards.

But please....Thanksgiving sounds much better than Christmas for release! In fact....Halloween sounds even better!   :wink:

Hopefully, this tuesday we will find out the release date, with X05 being when they announce the final launch lineup for the 360.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 08:19:08 PM »

Anybody notice all the finer details in the movies? For example, the targeting cursor - during combat, it turned into what looked to be an enemy life indicator. When stealthed, it turned into the eye thing to tell you you're invisible.

So simple, yet so non-immersion breaking.

Now to get home from work and finish the torrent file that was linked above. I'll watch it again and more than likely gleam even more information from it. biggrin

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 09:30:40 PM »

The enemy health bar has changed - same idea, we've just made it smaller and more subtle.

The persuasion interface dealie has gotten completely overhauled since the demo.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 10:03:35 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
The enemy health bar has changed - same idea, we've just made it smaller and more subtle.

The persuasion interface dealie has gotten completely overhauled since the demo.

I was wondering about the presuasion interface dealie. The demo one looked cool in concept, but seemed too complicated in its execution. Thanks for the details, kathode.

Not like it's gonna change my mind on buying this day one no matter what you do. biggrin

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2005, 10:38:26 PM »

But please....Thanksgiving sounds much better than Christmas for release! In fact....Halloween sounds even better!   :wink:

Hopefully, this tuesday we will find out the release date, with X05 being when they announce the final launch lineup for the 360.

The PC version will not launch prior the the XB 360 version, that I can assure you.  Since the 360 version won't launch until the system (Nov 22), that's the earliest the PC version will show as well.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »

I finally took a look at this video.

Wow.  I mean, that forest was incredible.  And the dungeons look cool.  Playing as a stealthy thief or something, damn, that would be cool.  That movie was pretty goddamned amazing.  Seriously thinking about picking up a 360 now...wow!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 11:33:41 AM »

Yeah it was amazing....but here's my question about this...

Seems to me like the mod community was huge for Morrowind, not only in doing things to tweak game balance and fix bugs but also in extending the replayability. Will you be able to use those on the Xbox if you have the hdd or are you outta luck?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Seems to me like the mod community was huge for Morrowind, not only in doing things to tweak game balance and fix bugs but also in extending the replayability. Will you be able to use those on the Xbox if you have the hdd or are you outta luck?

That is the question that nobody has the answer for.

I'd think that if you had the non-gimped Xbox 360, adding mods shouldn't be an issue. But they didn't support mods in Morrowind, so...

Kathode, care to say yes on this one? biggrin

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 07:21:21 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Kathode, care to say yes on this one? biggrin
I don't care to, thanks all the same smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 10:28:20 PM »

Zing!  Good one Kathode.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 10:31:10 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I finally took a look at this video.

Wow.  I mean, that forest was incredible.  And the dungeons look cool.  Playing as a stealthy thief or something, damn, that would be cool.  That movie was pretty goddamned amazing.  Seriously thinking about picking up a 360 now...wow!

After all the crap you've been giving me!!?!!?!?!?!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY!

Really though, you should get one.  Why not enjoy next-gen now?  I'm really on the fence with this game.  My wife LOVED Morrowwind, so maybe she will buy it.  The graphics look nice, but I want to know how the combat works, I couldnt stand it in Morrowind.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 10:36:23 PM »

It looks quite similar...but now it looks like when you hit someone, it actually looks/feels like you've hit 'em.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: