http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 02:33:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrapland (PC)??  (Read 1025 times)
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:40:08 PM »

Anyone heard anything about Scrapland? Its one of American McGee's games, but other than that I really haven't heard anything about it.

-Tony
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:44:11 PM »

Demo is out...havent tried it hough.

morlac00 on PSN
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:47:24 PM »

Isn't this that game that's NOT from McGee but he put his name on it so it'd get more attention.

I've heard lots of good things about the demo and the game.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 05:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "obb"
Isn't this that game that's NOT from McGee but he put his name on it so it'd get more attention.

I've heard lots of good things about the demo and the game.

Yup.  The last few months of development have been produced by McGee (who works with Enlight now) but the game was made by Spanish developers Mercury Steam (made up of developers from the Blade of Darkness Team).  Hell, this has all been covered in another thread, I'm sure of it.  I'll look for a link...

EDIT: I guess the thread I was thinking of was over at BruteSquad/Octopus Overlords and not here.  Anywho:

I tried the demo and it seems pretty cool. Sort of a cross between an adventure game and GTA. I guess quite a bit like Beyond Good and Evil with both the talking/fighting aspect and the exploration, except with robots and humor and stuff. Flying your ships around the city is actually pretty awe-inspiring since you can fly up, down and around like the cars in the Fifth Element or something.

I'd say give the demo a try if you are interested at all.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:53:33 PM »

The demo was descent. Its has that attempt at a GTA openess with some humor thrown in. Seems like a pretty under the radar title but could be fun.

Don't understand what the point of putting his name on it is for. I guess is because his name is failry unique as I doubt you would get barely 1 in 100 gamers who could tell you anything about the guy.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 08:35:39 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Don't understand what the point of putting his name on it is for. I guess is because his name is failry unique as I doubt you would get barely 1 in 100 gamers who could tell you anything about the guy.

*shrug* An additional sale is an additional sale, I guess... is EA publishing this one as well?  They were responsible for his name being on Alice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: