http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:39:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SC:CT(XBOX) tonight I should have it, anyone else?  (Read 4312 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2005, 11:34:32 PM »

So far, I have 100% on the first two maps.  But that's only because I'm not killing people.  Not to mention I have a lot of SvM spy experience.

If you can sneak away from human guards, it's a piece of cake to sneak by AI guards.  slywink
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2005, 01:54:43 AM »

So I've played about 1/2 or 2/3 of the second level now and am really impressed at how large the maps are wihtout loading zones, esp. considering how great all the levels look.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2005, 05:50:41 AM »

Everyone should check out the NSA Training videos on the Splinter Cell website. They are hilarious and very well done.  (I also mentioned this in the thread in the PC forum).
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"
Why can these guys not implement 480p?  It looks great, but that alone keeps it from being the best looking game on the system.

Weird, so the Xbox version doesn't have 480p?  The previous two games did...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2005, 07:19:50 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Quote from: "Jancelot"
Why can these guys not implement 480p?  It looks great, but that alone keeps it from being the best looking game on the system.

Weird, so the Xbox version doesn't have 480p?  The previous two games did...

I've read on other forums that the game does have 480p, and widescreen to boot.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2005, 05:14:56 AM »

I'm on the third mission and this game is just outstanding so far.  The level design is really top notch.  While not truly non-linear the areas are designed in such a way that you can really use the full extent of your "tool bag" to progress so it doesn't feel nearly as confing as the first two games.  This also makes everything feel much more realistic and natural.  I've probably played the first mission four or five times between the demo and full version and that's a testament to how good the design is.

Graphics are absolutely phenomenol.  I'm playing it on the PC but from the videos I've seen of the Xbox version it looks like the difference is only in resolution.  The game looks almost "next generation."  I replayed the original and Pandora Tomorrow over the past three or four days and its amazing how much of a leap visually Chaos Theory is, which says a lot considering the first two games still look great today.  And most impressive to me, I get better performance on my PC with Chaos Theory and the first two.  

I like the inclusion of secondary and bonus objectives.  I'm guessing they don't ultimately have any effect on the game.  I'd love to see these effect later levels or, at a minimum, have your score for each mission open up unlockables.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2005, 06:01:28 AM »

IF anyone wants to coop or multi with me, let me know. I have it on PC
IM me!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2005, 07:34:02 AM »

i'll be getting it tomorrow when it's on sale for $29 smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2005, 08:24:35 AM »

I just playeda bout an hour of multi and suffice it to say I am VERY frustrated. this is not the type of game you want to jump into not having any real clue whats going on. Hopefully i can play with some cgers tomorrow so I can actually figuer out just wtf is up
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2005, 09:30:04 PM »

I finally gave single player spin last night, and so far I liked what I saw.  The graphics are noticably better (even though 90% of the first level was in the dark, which is pretty standard for SC games).  The game does support 480p, and it looked great.

The first level was as linear as any other level in SC games; however, the new moves that Sam has (especially the quick knife kill) definitly opens the game up a little more - triggering an alarm no longer means instant death.  I also liked the new context sensitive moves, like being able to toss someone over a railing etc.  The quicksave is also greatly appreciated...

Overall, it seems like yet another evolutionary step for the series, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »

The first level was as linear as any other level in SC games; however, the new moves that Sam has (especially the quick knife kill) definitly opens the game up a little more - triggering an alarm no longer means instant death.  

FWIW, there are at least three alternate paths through sections of the first level.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »

Ahhh, guess I missed those - that's good to hear.  I'll have to replay the first level again then, as I felt like I rushed thru it kinda fast anyways.

Anyone up for some coop later tonight (like say, after 8pm PST)?

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2005, 10:01:12 PM »

I just posted in the Multiplayer forum that I'll probably be online tonight, if you want to give co-op a shot.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2005, 12:28:09 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

The first level was as linear as any other level in SC games; however, the new moves that Sam has (especially the quick knife kill) definitly opens the game up a little more - triggering an alarm no longer means instant death.  

FWIW, there are at least three alternate paths through sections of the first level.

yep...i found things to do in the first level that i missed in the demo when i played it the first time.  i'm on the fourth level now, and i've found that there is usually one very obvious path to follow...but it's not always the best.  there are alternate paths available, but you have to keep your eyes peeled to find them.

so far, i'm really enjoying the game though.  i've been trying for a 100% rating on the levels, so i've actually gone through the first 3 levels without firing a single shot...non-lethal takedowns and the OCP work great Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2005, 01:06:31 AM »

I still cant find that damn last crate smile My chopiness is ridiculous, so I quit after the first level. Still, I like the game a-lot.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2005, 02:19:40 AM »

I found all 5 crates in the 1st lvl, but didn't fiind the 4 boxes in the 2nd lvl
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2005, 03:00:02 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
I found all 5 crates in the 1st lvl, but didn't fiind the 4 boxes in the 2nd lvl

IIRC, there are actually six boxes on the second level.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2005, 03:23:42 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "naednek"

IIRC, there are actually six boxes on the second level.

you recall correctly...there are six, and a couple are in less than obvious places.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: