http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 08:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saints Row to the PS3  (Read 844 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

Clicky  Good pick up for Sony if true.  I guess MS didn't throw enough money to the developers to  keep it exclusive

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »

yeah i read about that the other day

isnt that good a game,its good but...meh,sony can have it...a game like oblivion i think going to ps3 was more 'damaging'

even their 'don' edition of the godfather,is more worrying ...and is dead rising still ps3 bound?....'bout time the 360 got a few of their games,DMC,ff,MGS

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »

I enjoyed Saints Row way more than I first imagined and I think it could find a good home on the PS3 provided it arrives well before GTA 4. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 01, 2007, 03:14:12 PM

isnt that good a game,its good but...meh,sony can have it...a game like oblivion i think going to ps3 was more 'damaging'

same here.  the 'ooh shiney' wore off pretty quickly.  I wouldn't call Oblivion being ported to the PS3 more damaging either- I'm curious how well it will sell on the PS3 since it's been out for just under a year and I don't think it was anything overly new added to it, but I'm sure they're guaranteed to sell at least 1 copy<cough>Hetz<cough>   Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »

I don't think this is really at all important to the 360. Personally, I found this game fun, but when I rented it a second time I found it utterly uninteresting and couldn't get back into. I think this will be a pleasant diversion for PS3 owners, but not a huge seller. As for Oblivion PS3 I imagine that market has probably dried up-oh I am sure they will make their money back and more on the release, but I imagine every hardcore or above casual fan of the Elder Scrolls has either gotten this on 360 or found a way to play it on PC-I mean it sold silly numbers. I am sure some totally casual fans and Playstation only fans that wear blinders will pick it up for a new RPG experience, but I doubt it will be hugely significant.

Either way, I think we will see little to no exclusivity this generation, at least not true exclusivity-short windows of exclusivity is the most likely outcome. Stuff like the upcoming GRAW2, which the 360 gets for 3 months before the ps3, or things like that. Outside of a few system seller games, the only genre I think that can maintain exclusivity would likely be RPGs. It will be difficult to get Square to release Final Fantasy on the 360 smile
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »

Meh.  Now PS3-only owners can play through the tired old gangsta sandbox game.  I've been bored of those since Vice City.  Also, I think the days of exclusives from third partied are going to become rarer and rarer, so this is to be expected.  I own both systems, anyway, and I won't be buying it on either.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Luke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 01, 2007, 05:56:04 PM

I don't think this is really at all important to the 360.

Saint's Row is one of seven games on the 360 that has sold 1 million+ copies.  It's significant.  That said, I think it's already sold its bulk, and an after the fact PS3 port is unlikely to damage any potential future 360 sales.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

I dunno.  I think that pretty much everyone who was gonna buy a copy for the 360 already did.  And I'm not sure why you would buy the PS3 version if you didn't buy the 360 version.  Of course, my perception is that people who have a PS3 have one in addition to a 360, and that very few people bought a PS3 instead of a 360, and I don't know how accurate that perception is.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

Not only that, but it's coming out as a full-priced PS3 game.
Looking at the latest PSM, there's really nothing new in the PS3 version, save a new map and car or two. Graphics are still the same.

If they released it as a more value game (since it's been out a while now) maybe $29.99 or even $39.99, perhaps it'd be worth looking into.. but come on, $60?

Decent game but I was turned off by the lack of blood in the game. You could shoot, beat up, and attack people all you wanted and yet not an ounce of blood came from them. (Yet the game was rated mature and had blood listed)

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »

Quote from: Luke on February 02, 2007, 07:19:58 PM

Quote from: Calvin on February 01, 2007, 05:56:04 PM

I don't think this is really at all important to the 360.

Saint's Row is one of seven games on the 360 that has sold 1 million+ copies.  It's significant.  That said, I think it's already sold its bulk, and an after the fact PS3 port is unlikely to damage any potential future 360 sales.

Um, you cut out a tiny snippet of my post that wasn't at all the point I was making. I said, at this point, this is not really important to the 360. The game sold by far the bulk of its units on the 360 right now and this will do little to hurt the long term trickle sales of this title. It also says nothing about the future exclusivity or lack thereof of any future sequels. I don't see how that is significant at all unless you are a PS3 owner and want to play the game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: