http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:20:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saints Row Demo on Xbox Marketplace soon!  (Read 1305 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:39:24 PM »

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/previews/preview/6/Saints-Row.html

During my short play of the game I didn’t really get a feel of the gang element that the game has and I think that this feature will be pretty cool as you build your rep and recruit followers to commit more carnage or to help take out gang leaders. The online play is also something that will incorporate the gang element although the team were not wishing to talk about the live options at this stage other than a demo is planned to be available in the market place around Xmas this year.

I originally didn't think much of the whole marketplace thing....but damn it is turning out  to be a GREAT thing!! Pre-release demos, for free! No need to buy OXM.

Oh there are also a bunch of free IGN insider videos up on the marketplace today as well as 2 new Xbox Live arcade games.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 09:49:38 PM »

I thought the whole marketplace thing was silly.

I've already downloaded a few of the arcade games and the Madden demo though.  I LOVE the fact you can grab a demo of a game and play it.

Cool news -- I'll absolutely try that one out when it's available!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:28:38 PM »

I love the idea of downloading stuff straight to the console but is it just me or is it pretty slow?  I have a cable connection and my computer usually downloads at much faster rates.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:39:52 PM »

I'm wondering why Call of Duty 2 and King Kong demos haven't shown up there since they already had them ready for the kiosks over a month ago.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 11:02:12 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
I'm wondering why Call of Duty 2 and King Kong demos haven't shown up there since they already had them ready for the kiosks over a month ago.

Same thing I am wondering, I really want to play the COD2 demo.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 12:52:07 AM »

Quote from: "skystride"
I love the idea of downloading stuff straight to the console but is it just me or is it pretty slow?  I have a cable connection and my computer usually downloads at much faster rates.

One thing that Microsoft should've done is tell us how well the download is going. Transfer rates, the ability to pause downloads, ETAs, etc.

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

The kiosk according to my Gamespot guy is actually not CD based at all. According to him, every demo is loaded onto the console's HD. So, roughly translated, the file itself could be much bigger than the 500-600MB demos that are out there right now.

Bandwith is not cheap. If everybody started downloading those demos, the cost of bandwith verses the $50 a year that Microsoft gets would really start to eat into their profits.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 01:17:56 AM »

The kiosk according to my Gamespot guy is actually not CD based at all. According to him, every demo is loaded onto the console's HD. So, roughly translated, the file itself could be much bigger than the 500-600MB demos that are out there right now.

One of the demos I downloaded (NFS:MW maybe) was approx 1 Gig and I've downloaded PC demos that were just as large or larger before.  The CoD 2 PC demo is 650 megs and IIRC its the same level as the 360 demo and I doubt the texture size is larger on the 360.  The KK PC demo is only 291 megs and even with the additional high res textures on the 360 I'm sure it isn't bigger than a gig.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 01:50:31 AM »

I'm waiting on Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong and Call of Duty 2 demos before I pick them up.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 02:20:31 AM »

I think the next OXM disc should have 360 demos.

At least that's what I gathered from the magazine I just read with King Kong on the cover.  Something about having both Xbox and 360 content on the same disc.

That would be pretty neat I suppose.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 02:53:22 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "skystride"

One thing that Microsoft should've done is tell us how well the download is going. Transfer rates, the ability to pause downloads, ETAs, etc.

Yep, and why not allow transfers while you play a game?  What with all those CPUs and multi-threading, shouldn't be a problem at all.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 03:23:40 PM »

I disagree with the "run a game at the same time" as the programmers tweaked their games to play with hardware specs; not crippled by downloading. I think maybe arcade games would be alright, but I wouldn't want to play a full fledged game while downloading.

I *do* know you can still hold a conversation with someone while downloading (LD and I did that while we were both downloading).

Oh, and ther percentage thing is crap. if you cancel and resume a download, it jumps to 50% right away.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 04:12:24 PM »

Hetz, what are the two new games on Arcade?
I'm at work and can't check.

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 04:49:53 PM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
Hetz, what are the two new games on Arcade?
I'm at work and can't check.

The two new games this week are: Wik Fable of Souls and Robotron 2084

I'm not sure if they are out right now. They are supposed to be up sometime this week and people thought they would be up yesterday.

Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »

Cool. Thanks!
Wik looks amazing!

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 07:30:26 PM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
Cool. Thanks!
Wik looks amazing!

I DLed the PC demo a few weeks ago and its lots of fun.  Its mouse intensive though, I wonder how well that will translate to the 360...
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 01:23:48 PM »

The X-Men 3 Trailer is up on the marketplace now in full 720p HD!

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 01:38:42 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
The X-Men 3 Trailer is up on the marketplace now in full 720p HD!

You are a evil man!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: