http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 11:13:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3/PC]Saints Row 4  (Read 5803 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

Absolutely totally awesome and oh so much fun game (just like SR3) so far.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on August 20, 2013, 01:21:04 PM

You have to upload characters to your Saints Row account first, then they'll show up.

I did.  oh well, it didn't take long to recreate my character from Sr3 anyways.  I think I made her boobs bigger though...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

I tried to log into the Saints Community site and found this mildly amusing 500 error page:

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2013, 01:45:32 AM »

with the data clusters, do you need to pick and choose or are there enough it doesn't matter?  I've been hoarding them so far.

oh, another annoyance:  the weapon change wheel coming up when you use the mouse wheel or even the hot keys.

and another plus:  getting to listen to music outside of the cars.  for some reason the radio doesn't automatically come on when you get in a car, you have to use the , and . keys to change the station.  I wonder if that's why there was no music when you reviewed the game Ron, did you try manually selecting the stations like that?

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 02:02:19 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 21, 2013, 01:45:32 AM

with the data clusters, do you need to pick and choose or are there enough it doesn't matter?  I've been hoarding them so far.

It says there are 1255 clusters, so I imagine you don't have to pick and choose at all.  I'm just going all-in from the start, assuming they will let you power everything up since that is the Saints Row way. 

and another plus:  getting to listen to music outside of the cars.  for some reason the radio doesn't automatically come on when you get in a car, you have to use the , and . keys to change the station.  I wonder if that's why there was no music when you reviewed the game Ron, did you try manually selecting the stations like that?

Mine defaulted to having music on all the time.  And they specifically have a tooltip that stays on the screen for a LONG time telling you how to change the station.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2013, 02:09:38 AM »

I'm only three hours in, but so far I have to say that this is like the game that was scraped from my dreams.  It's Crackdown and Prototype by way of Saints Row.  Rather than starting you out at power level 1 with sorta kinda big jumps and letting you grow to 10 over the whole game, they start you at 5 and let you start cranking it up right away. 

Also, I have to say that when my character started doing his special walk in the first matrix part with the music going in the background, I busted up laughing.   icon_biggrin  That and the quick-time event at the table really got it off to a good start. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2013, 02:13:33 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 21, 2013, 02:02:19 AM

It says there are 1255 clusters, so I imagine you don't have to pick and choose at all.  I'm just going all-in from the start, assuming they will let you power everything up since that is the Saints Row way. 

Mine defaulted to having music on all the time.  And they specifically have a tooltip that stays on the screen for a LONG time telling you how to change the station.

I just got my 100th cluster and saw that total.  they're everywhere!  I don't recall seeing the tooltip about the radio though; now that I think about it I haven't seen many tooltips at all.  I just checked the options and there is no way to turn it off, but the radio was set to automatic turn on when getting into a car, so something is definitely screwy.  I didn't realize there was a film grain setting either, that's off now.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2013, 02:14:28 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 21, 2013, 02:09:38 AM

That and the quick-time event at the table really got it off to a good start. 

do you mean:

Spoiler for Hiden:
eating the pancakes?

if so then yes, that was pretty funny smile

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 03:04:38 AM »

OK, totally awesome moment:  In reached the top of one of the towers, hit E to activate it just as The Touch started playing.  My character kneels down to touch the tower just as Stan Bush sings 'you've to the touch' biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2013, 03:27:15 AM »

and done with those towers; I wonder if there is supposed to be a quest associated with them.  Found an alien VTOL on the second one and just flew and hovered to get to the tops of the remaining 3.  since I know where to find it I can use it to go back and get the remaining data cluster.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »

I was a little worried once the game settled into the Steelport via Blade Runner world.  It was clear this was where the gameplay was going to happen, but there were no real stakes.  You would get all these powers, clearly, but it wasn't real.  There was an inherent disconnect from the beginning.

But then:

Spoiler for Hiden:
They blew up the earth.

God, I love the Saints.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2013, 03:51:46 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 21, 2013, 01:30:27 PM

I was a little worried once the game settled into the Steelport via Blade Runner world.  It was clear this was where the gameplay was going to happen, but there were no real stakes.  You would get all these powers, clearly, but it wasn't real.  There was an inherent disconnect from the beginning.

But then:

Spoiler for Hiden:
They blew up the earth.

God, I love the Saints.

yeah, just got to that part last night before I had to call it a night.  Kinda hard to top that, and

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if we'll be seeing some time travel to undo that.  maybe a Voyage Home parody....

Because I can,
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »

So I'm curious, anyone try romancing the dude with a dude character?  I was too scared to try because I wasn't sure if it would exclude the other romance option (his pickup line was pretty funny).
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 21, 2013, 01:30:27 PM

I was a little worried once the game settled into the Steelport via Blade Runner world.  It was clear this was where the gameplay was going to happen, but there were no real stakes.  You would get all these powers, clearly, but it wasn't real.  There was an inherent disconnect from the beginning.

But then:

Spoiler for Hiden:
They blew up the earth.

God, I love the Saints.

Dude, your spoiler was impossible for me not to click  icon_lol

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »

so, I kinda accidentally hit R instead of E when talking to Kinzie on the ship.  wow icon_lol

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2013, 12:59:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 21, 2013, 11:46:10 PM

so, I kinda accidentally hit R instead of E when talking to Kinzie on the ship.  wow icon_lol

I loved that bit of ME parody as well.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »

just noticed that apparently the co-op gameplay may be factored into taking over areas, really wish they hadn't done that and just made co-op separate from regular single player.

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 21, 2013, 04:23:17 PM

So I'm curious, anyone try romancing the dude with a dude character?  I was too scared to try because I wasn't sure if it would exclude the other romance option (his pickup line was pretty funny).

I believe you can just romance everyone with similar results, all guys and girls are fair game, with the exception of Keith David who turns you down.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2013, 01:26:54 AM

just noticed that apparently the co-op gameplay may be factored into taking over areas, really wish they hadn't done that and just made co-op separate from regular single player.

In my (limited) time in co-op, that's not true. The co-op missions are just PvP battles (straight up PvP with randomly picked weapons and powers and a 'cat and mouse' chase on the road/air). They give you a bit of cash upon finishing, but don't affect the control of the area.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »

If anyone doubts what Destructor-kun might be saying in private, I can confirm that when I asked him how he's liking Saints Row IV in the Steam chat, he said, "It is awesome."  That's when I ordered it through the Green Man Gaming deal, and I finished uploading my SR3 character just this morning.

Should be ready to start it up sometime tonight!

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 22, 2013, 03:30:45 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2013, 01:26:54 AM

In my (limited) time in co-op, that's not true. The co-op missions are just PvP battles (straight up PvP with randomly picked weapons and powers and a 'cat and mouse' chase on the road/air). They give you a bit of cash upon finishing, but don't affect the control of the area.

good to know.  I guess I just haven't unlocked all the activities for a couple of areas yet; there are a couple where everything is purple except the area around the co-op mission, which is what led me to that thought.

[BUGS]
- Fixed an error where Saints Row IV was referred to as “Saints Row Inauguration Station”.

[UPDATES]
- Adjusted a sequence in THE REAL WORLD mission to assist players who are running the game below minimum spec with low framerate.

I was wondering why the error message called the game “Saints Row Inauguration Station” when it crashed last night.  first crash I had though, previously I had only fallen through the ground.
was up way too late last night playing this, running out of clusters to collect.  knocked out all the hotspots, towers and forecfield thingies.  just fired up Steam and I see a patch came out today:

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »

They play around more with the glitchy sim aspects. It actually gets really weird and hilarious. The kind of stuff you see:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intentionally blown up character rig models. These are the kind of glitches you see where the animation rig for 3D models get totally broken, causing models to stretch and bend in hilarious and disturbing ways.

been seeing more of this as I hack the simulation.  makes shooting interesting, but after the first few you learn where to center the crosshairs.

Because I can,
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »

Beat the main game at 15 hours.  Tons of fun.  Cant wait to get back in there next week when I have more time off and finish the rest of the side quests.  The final fight was interesting and the ending was pretty good imo. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2013, 03:40:04 AM »

well, 1254 out of 1255 clusters found.... I have no clue where the last one might be.

I had just over 1000 before I got the Collectible Finder, there were a few I have no clue how I missed.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2013, 03:56:34 AM »

and found it.  kinda anti-climatic, character says a simple line and that's it.

[edit] and in an odd coincidence the last text adventure and Zinyak statue happened to be in the same area, so done with those as well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:02:52 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »

Is there any way to modify your characters facial/body details after starting?  This is so lame but I accidentally gave my guy an ugly overbite and how it's bugging me in the animations. I think I also made him a bit too fat lol
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 23, 2013, 06:19:46 PM

Is there any way to modify your characters facial/body details after starting?  This is so lame but I accidentally gave my guy an ugly overbite and how it's bugging me in the animations. I think I also made him a bit too fat lol

Yup, look for "Image as Designed" on the map.  It lets you rebuild your character completely, including changing sex.  Have fun!   icon_twisted

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 23, 2013, 03:56:34 AM

[edit] and in an odd coincidence the last text adventure and Zinyak statue happened to be in the same area, so done with those as well.

Did you need the last orb or was everything upgraded?

I understand the need to find them all, I'm just curious if the game requires it in any way or gives you a benefit for having done so.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 23, 2013, 08:06:33 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 23, 2013, 03:56:34 AM

Did you need the last orb or was everything upgraded?

I understand the need to find them all, I'm just curious if the game requires it in any way or gives you a benefit for having done so.

I still have 3 powers that haven't unlocked yet, or at least I'm assuming there are 3 left since there are 3 blank spots, so I decided to collect them all for quick upgrades when I get new powers.   to give you an idea of where I am in the game I just found Shaundi, and there are many more missions so I hope there are powers beyond the 5 I have.

I wasn't sure if the game gave you something for collecting all the orbs, but since I was that close I decided I was going to find it.  I got lucky, I figured it was on one of the towers and sure enough I found it at the third tower I checked.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:02 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2013, 08:27:28 PM

They play around more with the glitchy sim aspects. It actually gets really weird and hilarious. The kind of stuff you see:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intentionally blown up character rig models. These are the kind of glitches you see where the animation rig for 3D models get totally broken, causing models to stretch and bend in hilarious and disturbing ways.
been seeing more of this as I hack the simulation.  makes shooting interesting, but after the first few you learn where to center the crosshairs.

Wait. Wait. People still shoot in SR4? I've been using the Dubstep Gun pretty much always since I got it. biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2013, 01:30:03 AM »

I have hardly used normal weapons at all so far.  I usually freeze a crowd of enemies, shoot the alien RPG (which I got really early for some reason) and then mop up the rest with the super kill (Sprint + F) all the time.

I've tried the Dubstep gun a few times, but it seems so slow to actually work that it's not worth it for real jobs.  Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »

yeah, the dubstep definitely isn't good against wardens, and not as fun against regular enemies as I thought it would be.  I used to love freeze, but I am loving the fire blast even more.  shoot it into a crowd and it's like the 4th of July.

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:55 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 24, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

yeah, the dubstep definitely isn't good against wardens, and not as fun against regular enemies as I thought it would be.  I used to love freeze, but I am loving the fire blast even more.  shoot it into a crowd and it's like the 4th of July.
Do you have the Explosive Blast upgrade?  I ended up going back to ice after I got that.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2013, 04:00:52 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on August 24, 2013, 03:44:55 AM

Do you have the Explosive Blast upgrade?  I ended up going back to ice after I got that.

yeah, that's the one I really like.  catch them on fire, watch them burn and 'splode!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2013, 05:55:59 AM »

OK, Asha's romance option had me LOLing more than Kinzies icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

I also like how they tie most of the side missions into a more structured setting with your Homies sending you to them.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 24, 2013, 04:00:52 AM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on August 24, 2013, 03:44:55 AM

yeah, that's the one I really like.  catch them on fire, watch them burn and 'splode!

That's my go to so far as well.  For the gun, I thought I'd be using the Blade Runner pistol most, as I've always had a thing for that gun.  However, I've really grown to love the ball gun.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »

I've been using The Captain variation of the heavy pistol myself, and it is my preferred weapon over my pink polka-dot SMG's, although I just noticed the Robocop machine pistol....

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »

Ball gun?  Captain's heavy pistol?  Robocop machine pistol?  I guess there are a lot of guns I haven't seen yet.   icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 25, 2013, 02:47:41 AM

Ball gun?  Captain's heavy pistol?  Robocop machine pistol?  I guess there are a lot of guns I haven't seen yet.   icon_confused

the last two are subsets of the pistol, where you have heavy, quick and alien.  The Captain and the Blade Runner ones are just skins for the Heavy Pistol, while the Robocop machine pistol is the base look for the quick pistol.  The ball gun is one you get during a mission.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: