http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 05:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3/PC]Saints Row 4  (Read 4676 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

This started out as the expansion Enter the Dominatrix for Saints Row 3 which was cancelled

It has the date 23rd August 2013 on the gameplay trailer below...no platforms mentioned yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOpMKvjEFs&feature=youtu.be

Saints Row 4 announcement trailer with gameplay. Trailer for Saints Row 4, which started life as expandalone Saints Row: The Third - Enter the Dominatrix, adding an alien warlord's invasion plot and superhero powers to the series, like it wasn't bonkers enough already.

Release date is August 23 2013.

I loved Saints Row 1 and 2,but number 3 just didn't gel with me
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:29:06 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 15, 2013, 02:00:03 PM

This started out as the expansion Enter the Dominatrix for Saints Row 3 which was cancelled

It has the date 23rd August 2013 on the gameplay trailer below...no platforms mentioned yet

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dawnguard

Saints Row 4 announcement trailer with gameplay. Trailer for Saints Row 4, which started life as expandalone Saints Row: The Third - Enter the Dominatrix, adding an alien warlord's invasion plot and superhero powers to the series, like it wasn't bonkers enough already.

Release date is August 23 2013.

I loved Saints Row 1 and 2,but number 3 just didn't gel with me

Not sure why the Skyrim Wiki is announcing a new Saints Row.   icon_wink

I loved 3, too, but 2 was the best to date.

Still, I am always up for another Saints Row game!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

I had a blast with 3, it was like the game was designed specifically for my limited attention span.  It didn't hurt that I bought SR3 through one of the great Steam sales.  I loved the freedom and gameplay of Just Cause 2, and SR3 hit on a lot of what I liked in JC2.  I'm all for a new SR. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

Sorry Bull.....I have been aimlessly walking around the Soul Cairn in Dawnguard and not having a *&%@ing clue what to do,needed that page Tongue

fixed it now

edit:
Yeah watching the trailer again,the series has just gone in the complete opposite direction that i would of liked,I think i will be out for this
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:54:30 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »

played and love all of the SR games.  Looking forward to throwing myself in front of cars for money.  thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

IN!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 15, 2013, 04:18:53 PM

IN!!

Same here.  This series is a real blast all around, and Saints Row 3 made some really great improvements to lots of little things in the gameplay flow, so I'm definitely in.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 15, 2013, 02:44:59 PM

I had a blast with 3, it was like the game was designed specifically for my limited attention span.  It didn't hurt that I bought SR3 through one of the great Steam sales.  I loved the freedom and gameplay of Just Cause 2, and SR3 hit on a lot of what I liked in JC2.  I'm all for a new SR. 
This is the same thing for me... I enjoy the "veg out" type games... just jump in, screw around and exit... I eventually finish the stories, but like just running around for a bit...
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »

I hadn't watched the trailer before now.  It looks like you might be a superhero (villain?) this time around?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »

more details:
In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level - the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Its release is for current gen...which will NOT include Wii U
We asked Deep Silver if the Wii U counted as a current-gen console in their eyes, and got a solid "nope" in response.

Nintendo fans can either take that as a compliment they're in the next hardware generation already or a slight. Regardless, they're going to have to sit this one out at least for the foreseeable future.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-15-saints-row-4-release-date-announced-debut-trailer-revealed
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/15/saints-row-iv-isn-39-t-coming-to-wii-u.aspx
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:30:32 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 15, 2013, 04:18:53 PM

IN!!

Me too.  I was hoping they would go for a world conquest thing next.  The Saints have more in common with Hydra or SPECTRE than a street gang as of Part 3, anyway.   

Totally did not see aliens or superpowers coming, though.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »

Given the movie making thing that happened at the end of the last game (and was a factor in one of the DLC campaigns), it may be less real than anticipated, but given the world of the Saints, anything is possible.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »

Yeah, based off the trailer I'm holding out hope that this is basically Saints Row 3 + Crackdown.  Those are both games I love, and doing Crackdown style super powers in the over-the-top world of Saints Row could just put it over the top of over-the-top.   icon_biggrin

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

given this was based on a matrix reference, I'm not surprised it's filled with over-the-top powers.  and it's also not exactly grounded in reality any ways, so why not? 

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 05:02:29 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 15, 2013, 09:43:06 PM

Yeah, based off the trailer I'm holding out hope that this is basically Saints Row 3 + Crackdown.  Those are both games I love, and doing Crackdown style super powers in the over-the-top world of Saints Row could just put it over the top of over-the-top.   icon_biggrin
I thought the same exact thing.  SR3 + Crackdown based on what I saw in the trailer.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »

Okay, so for some more discussion, considering this looks like Saints Row 3.5, which is not a bad thing, what would you want to see in it to make it worthwhile?

What would you want to see in the next gen Saints Row?

For me, in SR4, I just want more of the insane humor and situations that established SR3 and help set it apart from GTA, and the emphasis on just having fun how you want to remain. I'd like a LOT more character interaction outside of the main plot between named friends. There some small interactions you get when you call in two named friends between missions, but only when they show up. Oh and Kenzie, she must return, somehow.

In a hypothetical SR5 for next gen, I'd say more stuff involving bringing in friends or gang buddies to help fight, just to better give the feel of you having control of a huge empire.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »

You know, I think I'd like to see some smal RTS like elements.. stuff where you can build your gang up and send them to different sectors to help thin out the herd and have for backup..
Plus more over the top stuff and new weapons and vehicles... I want a VTOL that turns into a mech!
Oh, and wish list stuff... Destrucible (and rebuildable) buildings, multiple hangouts that can be upgraded, and a larger world... Maybe a simulated US! Make maybe 10 "real" cities, then many more generic ones..
and upgraded graphics..
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on March 16, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

You know, I think I'd like to see some smal RTS like elements.. stuff where you can build your gang up and send them to different sectors to help thin out the herd and have for backup..
Plus more over the top stuff and new weapons and vehicles... I want a VTOL that turns into a mech!
Oh, and wish list stuff... Destrucible (and rebuildable) buildings, multiple hangouts that can be upgraded, and a larger world... Maybe a simulated US! Make maybe 10 "real" cities, then many more generic ones..
and upgraded graphics..

I would not like the RTS part.  I hated that in GTA IV.  It doesn't work when they shoehorn it into other genres (Brutal Legend, for example, and CoD:BLOPS 2 is the first CoD game where I haven't finished the single player campaign because of the RTS stuff).  For SR in particular I feel like it would work against the fast-moving, nearly brainless pace of it.

Everything else would be great, though.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 16, 2013, 04:36:54 PM

and upgraded graphics..

I would not like the RTS part.  I hated that in GTA IV.  It doesn't work when they shoehorn it into other genres (Brutal Legend, for example, and CoD:BLOPS 2 is the first CoD game where I haven't finished the single player campaign because of the RTS stuff).  For SR in particular I feel like it would work against the fast-moving, nearly brainless pace of it.

I can't even remember RTS in GTA4,was it like the Turf Wars in San Andreas?...i pretty much ignored that part

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 16, 2013, 04:40:54 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 16, 2013, 04:36:54 PM

and upgraded graphics..

I can't even remember RTS in GTA4,was it like the Turf Wars in San Andreas?...i pretty much ignored that part

Sorry, yeah, I meant San Andreas.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:59 AM »

Holy crap. In. In. In. In. Cannot wait. This looks like pure,  unadulterated sheer lunacy and I cant wait. If its half as funny as the third one, then we're in business.  That looks awesome.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »

Collectors Edition survey.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 12:03:19 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 20, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

Hmm, found myself saying "no" or "meh" to most of that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »

ditto.  about the only things I said Hell Yeah or This would be cool are the Presidential Briefcase with kinky handcuff/key, Dubstep Doomsday Button and Voice augmentation device / auto-tune device.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 02:42:16 AM »

new preview.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »

I still have to get around finishing SR 3.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »

dammit, this would have been awesome.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »

pre-order bonuses.

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »

The gameplay showed at PAX East

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8EDvU7pJc&feature=youtu.be
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on May 09, 2013, 01:59:35 PM

after just recently finishing The Trouble with Clones I can easily see how awesome superpowers are going to be in this game.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »

So this is what Volition looks like when the leash is off?  I like it.  This looks so far over the top that it'd be hard to not use it as easy 'go-nuts' stress relief. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »

dangit, no auto-tune for the CE:

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 03:59:22 PM »

dramatic trailer is dramatic (and may spoil the games big guest appearance).

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:08 PM »

The reason this game failed to get its rating in Australia is even more ridiculous when you find out just what it was stopping it getting its rating

Alien Anal Probe!

"The game includes a weapon referred to by the Applicant as an 'Alien Anal Probe'. The Applicant states that this weapon can be 'shoved into enemy's backsides'. The lower half of the weapon resembles a sword hilt and the upper part contains prong-like appendages which circle around what appears to be a large dildo which runs down the centre of the weapon.

"When using this weapon the player approaches a (clothed) victim from behind and thrusts the weapon between the victim's legs and then lifts them off the ground before pulling a trigger which launches the victim into the air. After the probe has been implicitly inserted into the victim's anus the area around their buttocks becomes pixelated highlighting that the aim of the weapon is to penetrate the victim's anus.

"The weapon can be used during gameplay on enemy characters or civilians. In the Board's opinion, a weapon designed to penetrate the anus of enemy characters and civilians constitutes a visual depiction of implied sexual violence that is interactive and not justified by context and as such the game should be Refused Classification."

So it falls under Sexual Violence....Christ Aussie guys,at least they pixelated it!! icon_wink

With this being the all official description on why it failed its rating,the part i bolded made me laugh the most icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 03:34:44 PM »

make it a kangaroo.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »

you mean to shove a 'roo up their ass? 

this inspires a weapon idea.  I want boxing 'roos as a companion. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 26, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

make it a kangaroo.

"That's an odd name. I'd have called them chazzwazzers!"  icon_wink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 26, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

now that would rock.  and hire Paul Hogan to do the voiceover.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 26, 2013, 04:26:03 PM

Quote from: Caine on June 26, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

now that would rock.  and hire Paul Hogan to do the voiceover.

or Yahoo Serious

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: