http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saints Row 2  (Read 12840 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »

I've been trying to get into this game, but I think GTA IV spoiled me.  for the first hour I liked it, but then the newness wore off.  the main problem is that I like causing mayhem and destruction because I want to, not because the game forces me to in order to advance the story.  so far I really haven't felt that 'one more thing' feeling that I did with GTA IV either.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I had trouble getting into the first one too and never made it far.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »

I think I'm out on this one, at least for a while.  I'm finding the difficulty of the later levels of activities more frustrating than fun.  I know I could just move on and play story missions, but the completionist in me makes me not want to do that, so I wind myself beating my head against the wall until I get fed up and angry at the game. 

Technical things are also annoying me.  Once, I was trying to do a mayhem mission, and was running through fences (which seems to be the only way to do those), and one of the sections got stuck in the hood of my car, so I was driving around a "T", which got me stuck on everything in the environment.  Another time, I got my car pinned against a concrete barrier on an on ramp to a bridge.  I tried to get out, but apparently the game thought I was moving, so I dove out the door, landed on the barrier, and fell to my death.

I'm keeping it around (installed, even) in hopes that I can get back into it, but for right now, I've decided to play something less frustrating.

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

Once you have completed the game, you will get some vehicles and weapons that make the activities a lot easier.  You should try completing it through the epilogue first.  Also, try some of the missions co-op; you get full credit for it, the activities take about 1/2 the time and 1/4 the effort and you will have to do it anyways if you want the full 1000 achievement points.

As for mayhem, you might not have noticed that you have unlimited rockets for the duration of the activity.  You just need to find a place with a lot of small things to blow-up and you should be able to get some insane scores. 

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on May 04, 2009, 07:46:05 PM

As for mayhem, you might not have noticed that you have unlimited rockets for the duration of the activity.  You just need to find a place with a lot of small things to blow-up and you should be able to get some insane scores. 

This would be another example of them not telling you everything you need to know in order to play the game.  Similarly, they didn't bother telling you anything about nitro for the demolition derby, but it's mandatory that you use to win even the first level.  It bugs me whenever I need to go to forums to find out basic information about how to play a game.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on May 04, 2009, 07:46:05 PM

Once you have completed the game, you will get some vehicles and weapons that make the activities a lot easier.  You should try completing it through the epilogue first.  Also, try some of the missions co-op; you get full credit for it, the activities take about 1/2 the time and 1/4 the effort and you will have to do it anyways if you want the full 1000 achievement points.

But the stuff you unlock helps with the game, so, for me, it made no sense to wait.

The mild PITA ones for me were Snatch, Mayhem and the bodyguard.  Actually, the bodyguard one seemed impossible until I read up on it in some forums.  There was some trick that seemed obvious once I read it.  Can't remember what it was now, though.  The royal PITA was that flaming go-kart race.  Grrr.

One thing to keep in mind is that the order in which you do activities can make a big difference.  Having more health or better weapons can really make a difference.  Of course, figuring that stuff out is near impossible without a guide or FAQ of some sort, so I get your complaint, Chaz.  No game should require a guide.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

Since Fuel was delayed a week, I decided I need a sandbox driving/shooter to occupy me. I tried GTAIV, but having finished it, it just wasn't that much fun. So I went back to Saints Row 2 of which I had only completed about 40%. So I've been playing it the past three days and have been having a blast. I did get the first DLC (the second is due out tomorrow) and while it was really short, it wasn't too bad.

One place I am hung up on, however, is the last Ronin mission.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I keep getting killed by the helicopter depth charges while riding the jetski. I've tried the mission a dozen times but I just can't seem to figure out how to get past this part of it!

Any hints or other help?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »

The second DLC is available now. Three missions, six more vehicles, new character customizations, new clothing, new co-op modes, new MP maps. I'm getting it.

I've never tried multiplayer (not co-op) in SR2. Anyone find it worthwhile?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2009, 03:26:46 AM »

Not a huge deal.  But the third DLC just came out today and its free.

It's simply a branded Unkut clothing/tattoo package just like the DLC for the first game.

I was hoping for some more missions, but I guess you can't argue with a $0 price tag.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on June 12, 2009, 03:26:46 AM

Not a huge deal.  But the third DLC just came out today and its free.

It's simply a branded Unkut clothing/tattoo package just like the DLC for the first game.

I was hoping for some more missions, but I guess you can't argue with a $0 price tag.

Thanks for the info. Free is always good.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: