http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 01:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saddle up! The Red Dead Redemption impressions thread.  (Read 46711 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »

Just to check, did you see credits roll at the end?  Otherwise you're not quite done.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 12, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 12, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Just to check, did you see credits roll at the end?  Otherwise you're not quite done.

Yep and...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I went on to shoot Ross in his stupid face, but it still pissed me off!! 

BTW what happens is you shoot Ross' wife and brother?  I went back for them after and they had despawned.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 12, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »

Instead of just walking away from your living room when you turn off the game, you sit for a while staring at the palms of your hands pondering what they have wrought and what you have become.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 12, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 12, 2011, 03:59:01 PM

Instead of just walking away from your living room when you turn off the game, you sit for a while staring at the palms of your hands pondering what they have wrought and what you have become.
End game spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I guess I didn't have the same connection to the son as I did with John.  I'm glad the credits rolled after that cutscene, because it took me at least that long to process that they actually killed him, after all you go through and all the ways he tried to change.  I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I played him pretty straight, no random violence, no stealing or shooting unless the mission called for it.  Hell, you can't even get a hooker because he's married.  I never even used the bandana to cover John's face.  When they showed Jack from behind so you think "maybe, MAYBE that's John" and then he turned around, I pretty much wanted to throw my controller.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 27, 2011, 01:10:23 AM »

The RDR DLC is half off this week on Xbox Live.  OMGWTFBBQ ZOMBIES are 5 bucks!

Total Undead Pack (with all 3 DLCs) is 1000 points aka $12.50
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

I picked up the undead dlc when it was on sale over the holidays.  good lord, it's fun.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 09, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

in case anyone has been holding their breath for it:  pre-order DLC will finally be on sale soon  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 27, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »

New DLC this September will cost nothing

unfortunately no new Single player,but it has new Multiplayer locations and characters

Rockstar puts a name and a date of the final free installment of downloadable content for its award-winning western, Red Dead Redemption.

We knew Rockstar planned one last batch of downloadable content for Red Dead, but we didn't know that it was called the Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, nor did we know it was coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in September. We were aware it would feature fan-favorite playable multiplayer characters (including that feller up thar), but we weren't sure if there'd be new locations for the game's online multiplayer modes. There are.

And that's pretty much all there is to know. Now all we can do is kick back on the porch and wait for September to bring one last rodeo before Red Dead Redemption rides off into the suns

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 13, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »

Just incase you didn't have enough to buy this October,Rockstar have now announced

Game Of The Year Edition

October 11th

# Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
# Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
# Legends and KillersPack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
# Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle
# Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
# Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players
# All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
# Solomon's Follysingle-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
# Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favourite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.

iloveplywood
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 13, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »

I'm really hoping for an RDR 2 at some point.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 13, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »

Quote from: iloveplywood on September 13, 2011, 05:15:45 PM

I'm really hoping for an RDR 2 at some point.

definitely,but i am hoping it is either a prequel(could be good with John and the gang) or just a completely different story set in the 1800s this time

RDR sold i think 9 million copies which is pretty sensational(especially as now a GOTY edition is due),so i am sure they would think of doing RDR2,the only problem was that the first one took a lot of man hours over 5 years (if the complaints a year or so before release was anything to go by),maybe it would be easier this time round with the game engine already in place

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 13, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »

How about a sequel that involves John's descendants. Instead of taking place in the Old West, it will take place in a city. And instead of everyone riding horses, they will drive cars.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 13, 2011, 05:58:14 PM

How about a sequel that involves John's descendants. Instead of taking place in the Old West, it will take place in a city. And instead of everyone riding horses, they will drive cars.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 13, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

and they could be lawmen.....

Because I can,
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 13, 2011, 04:46:24 PM

Just incase you didn't have enough to buy this October,Rockstar have now announced

Game Of The Year Edition

October 11th

# Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
# Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
# Legends and KillersPack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
# Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle
# Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
# Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players
# All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
# Solomon's Follysingle-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
# Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favourite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.

Arise! Canceled my preorder of Darksiders 2 since it was delayed so I picked this up. I used to play this game religiously with the old gang, including DamageInc.  Hark and I stopped playing Red Dead and other games we played with Damage because it made us depressed.

Two weeks from now I'll be out of town on a training cycle and probably no Internet so this seems like a perfect game to play in offline mode.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 13, 2012, 05:16:52 AM »

finally finished the game tonight.  felt the road to the end was a bit too mellow (seriously, farm work and hunting?) but at the end:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I got a bit dirty and killed Edgar's wife and brother before killing him.

all in all, even though it took forever for me to finish the game I liked it, and it's earned a permanent spot in my collection alongside Dragon's Dogma and Fable II.

[edit] played some of Undead Nightmare and not feeling it; not sure but it may have been the serious case of eye rolls I got during the intro.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:07:47 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 13, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »

I need to get back to Undead Nightmare,i wasn't that keen on the main premise of just going to locations and killing a shitload of zombies for 5 minutes(and fuck that when you have done a location they come back a bit later on),but i did like how there were new hunts available(Bigfoot)

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 13, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 13, 2012, 05:16:52 AM

finally finished the game tonight.  felt the road to the end was a bit too mellow (seriously, farm work and hunting?) but at the end:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I got a bit dirty and killed Edgar's wife and brother before killing him.

all in all, even though it took forever for me to finish the game I liked it, and it's earned a permanent spot in my collection alongside Dragon's Dogma and Fable II.

[edit] played some of Undead Nightmare and not feeling it; not sure but it may have been the serious case of eye rolls I got during the intro.

Grats on finishing it- Its a pretty good game, with some awesome moments. I think that not unlike movies, the game has its very good moments, and its not so good moments.  I think I'll give it another go, if I can find a save where I'm over the damn cattle driving part with Bonnie. Bonnie is great, but I really don't like driving cattle!

A new one
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:12 AM »

I just noticed that this thread popped back up again.  After finishing most of my backlog I needed something new and my brother-in-law lent me his copy of RDR.  I had never played it before, fearing I wouldn't enjoy the western setting, but so far I can't get enough of it.  I'm at about 30% completion, not yet in Mexico, and continuing to have a blast.  I also can't help but feel like I'm playing a virtual storyline of Hell on Wheels.  Bohannon and Marston are eerily similar and the game features a number of set pieces that resemble Hell on Wheels fairly closely, but as HoW came long after RDR I can't help but wonder if the show's creators were fans of the game. 

Really enjoying it so far, have loved some of the various surprises, and many of the characters are interesting to say the least. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 12, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »

Took a much-needed study break and played a bit more.  Finally made it to Mexico, and I have to say that the song that plays when you first arrive on the opposite shore is fantastic.  I want to hear it again.   icon_frown

Had to stop right after that, but hoping to get to play time in over the next few days intermixed with studying my face off for immunology/hematology.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: September 12, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 12, 2012, 01:06:38 PM

Finally made it to Mexico, and I have to say that the song that plays when you first arrive on the opposite shore is fantastic.  I want to hear it again.   icon_frown

You're welcome.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 12, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

I love the song nearer to the end its a great song to listen to slowly trotting on your horse

It's called Compass,i did look up the youtube link to post here,but everyone on that page were posting spoiling comments so i left it alone,its cool when it appears in the game anyway..great soundtrack for a great game

And i really want to play it again now,even though i have finished the game 3 times already  icon_confused

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 12, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 12, 2012, 02:25:20 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 12, 2012, 01:06:38 PM

Finally made it to Mexico, and I have to say that the song that plays when you first arrive on the opposite shore is fantastic.  I want to hear it again.   icon_frown

You're welcome.

I could obviously have done that myself (thanks, by the way for finding it for me), but there's just something about trotting slowly along on your horse as you explore undiscovered territory.  And for me it took place at sunset, making the experience even more impactful.  That's something I don't think I'll be able to recreate, and the song by itself doesn't quite do it justice.  Still, a great tune and as I type this I have it playing in the background.   thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 28, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

Red Dead Redemption Fan Film: The Hanging of Bonnie MacFarlane

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: