http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 05:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor/Video: [PS3] Trico - Video of Team Ico's next game?  (Read 3843 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:55 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

Not sure if this is real, or just a fan made thing, or just a hoax, but boy does this look interesting.

edit: New info.  Apparently, this trailer is a year old and shown to only a select few as previews.  If they show this at E3 or TGS, it will look even better.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:42:07 AM by Turtle » Logged
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:53:15 AM »

smile

almost too perfect not to be real...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 02:36:41 AM »

Looks neat.  I really think the main character though, the boy, looks off.  Too cartoony for the rest of the graphics.  Hopefully it's gameplay is a little more diverse than SotC.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:40:32 AM »

Wow.  They are damn good at making you believe the bond.  That puppy bird is already completely real, and that was a year ago?  Wow.

I remember seeing the chain in the well as some sort of promotional something or other a ways back.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 04:18:12 AM »

Yeah, I think they worked on the creature first, since that's the thing that was really new.  The boy is basically just another human in a game.
somoflange
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 05:42:08 AM »

If this isn't real, somebody please give this person a game contract.

that creature is amazing. Is that supposedly realtime footage?

PSN: plantatreeforlee
Live: blastdsamoflanj
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:52:16 AM »

The creature looks fantastic, but when will Japanese game developers stop putting in 8-year old kids as the main characters? It rips me straight out of the illusion they are trying to create.
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »

Cant fucking wait, looks like everything i ever dreamt of when i was a kid... Having a huge creature like that.

Quote from: TiLT on May 20, 2009, 09:52:16 AM

The creature looks fantastic, but when will Japanese game developers stop putting in 8-year old kids as the main characters? It rips me straight out of the illusion they are trying to create.

The same time when western devs will stop using macho bald guys that swears a lot. But i dont think he will look that cartoony in the end anyway, i'm fine with a young boy but he shouldnt look that cartoony as he does compared to the rest of the game.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:26:45 AM by Maggot » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 10:31:05 AM »

Quote from: Maggot on May 20, 2009, 10:20:48 AM

The same time when western devs will stop using macho bald guys that swears a lot.

I don't like that either, but at least an overly macho guy should have some of the stuff needed to approach and survive dangerous situtations. A kid wouldn't.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »

would be fun if they started using those who play games as rolemodels for the heroes in-game.

something between a 14 year old pimpled boy to a middleaged overweight guy with a serious need of a suntan ;-)

A new one
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 20, 2009, 10:31:05 AM

The same time when western devs will stop using macho bald guys that swears a lot.

I don't like that either, but at least an overly macho guy should have some of the stuff needed to approach and survive dangerous situtations. A kid wouldn't.

Just wonderinf if you have played any of the previous team ico games ? Ico and SotC are also in this dreamy kind of world, it fits the games very well... Much better than a grown up man would.

Quote from: Razgon on May 20, 2009, 10:33:03 AM

would be fun if they started using those who play games as rolemodels for the heroes in-game.

something between a 14 year old pimpled boy to a middleaged overweight guy with a serious need of a suntan ;-)

Hah would be fun if you was too fat to get through a door in the game then. :p
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »

Quote from: Maggot on May 20, 2009, 10:55:35 AM

Just wonderinf if you have played any of the previous team ico games ? Ico and SotC are also in this dreamy kind of world, it fits the games very well... Much better than a grown up man would.

Nope, never owned a PS2. I got the impression from screenshots that Shadow of the Colossus featured an adult (though a young one) as the protagonist though.

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 20, 2009, 11:30:13 AM

Quote from: Maggot on May 20, 2009, 10:55:35 AM

Nope, never owned a PS2. I got the impression from screenshots that Shadow of the Colossus featured an adult (though a young one) as the protagonist though.

SotC is a young adult at most i think while ico is a boy

But it really fits the games and the adventures/exploring kind of game they are.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »

looks great

but last year it was said that they had been developing this game for 4 years,so this year its 5 years,and no doubt we wont see it this year so next year it will be 6 years....and can you honestly see the gameplay lasting for over say...20 hrs?

1 mega fantastic game every 5-6 years is nothing compared to 5-6 great games a year

they need to speed this shit up(EDIT:that goes for Square Enix and their Final Fantasy games as well)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

No they shouldnt speed things up, i am sick of seeing people say that. Look at how Square enix recent game that they speed up ended up ? Yeah like shit.

Devs should have their time to make the game perfect and as they want, i would much rather have a good final fantasy game every 5 years than a decent one every year. I love it when devs can do what they want and have as much time as they want to, not duke nukem style but 5 years is fine if the game ends up great.  Quality over quanity.

Team ico is a pretty small dev team but the fact that they are pretty small means that they really have a chance to work together and create something unique... This was the whole point when the team was created. Most of the guys werent even game devs before they started at team ico.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:59:00 AM by Maggot » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 12:23:12 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 20, 2009, 11:40:58 AM

and can you honestly see the gameplay lasting for over say...20 hrs?

It probably won't even be that.  I finished Ico in about 10.  But why should it be? We don't all have time to play 20+ hour games anymore and as short as it was, Ico was brilliant.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »

Quote from: Maggot on May 20, 2009, 11:56:16 AM

No they shouldnt speed things up, i am sick of seeing people say that. Look at how Square enix recent game that they speed up ended up ? Yeah like shit.

Devs should have their time to make the game perfect and as they want, i would much rather have a good final fantasy game every 5 years than a decent one every year. I love it when devs can do what they want and have as much time as they want to, not duke nukem style but 5 years is fine if the game ends up great.  Quality over quanity.

Team ico is a pretty small dev team but the fact that they are pretty small means that they really have a chance to work together and create something unique... This was the whole point when the team was created. Most of the guys werent even game devs before they started at team ico.

yeah and all this wait for a game that wont last 20 hrs and will be completed in a day or two....6 years and christ knows how much it costs

i will stick to the Activison and Capcom games that i enjoy half a dozen times a year,and it takes me longer to finish their games

everyones saying 'ooh look how great it looks,its gonna be great'..it bleeding should be 5-6 years jeez

i agree on the artistic side of things,but if its taking that long for a game...the wait for us,on the other side is never worth it

and how have Square Enix speeded things up?..they take more time now and their games are let downs...and decent and good aren't that different,i would rather have a decent FF game every year than a good FF game every 5 years...i would rather have the PS1 style FFs over the PS2 and beyond type FF games
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:33:34 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »

I agree with Maggot.  The Final Fantasy games were great until they become a property or a license.  Now the suits are involved.  Team Ico has proven themselves twice, as far as I'm concerned.  They're not in danger of the suits being interested, because their stuff doesn't sell millions (could be worrisome, too, though).  Let 'em take their time to get it right.

Totally don't agree.  A kid has a lot of stuff needed to approach and survive dangerous situations that a grown-up wouldn't.  And I'm not just talking about his size and agility or the fact that kids are way more resilient than adults.  Innocence combined with curiosity can open many doors.  But, from a gameplay perspective, a sense of wonder naturally leads to exploration, and it can tap directly into the "Wow, that's cool" factor that many games are trying to pull off.  It's like Henry up against a team of FBI agents (with guns or walkie talkies) in E.T. Children are underestimated a lot.

I think te bigger problem in Japanese games is when adults send the kids into danger.  Hire them as soldiers or let their daugter join a group which is about to face a monster who's laid waste to villages.  That kind of thing.  That's just dumb.  But I think it's a mythological touchstone for the Japanese.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 20, 2009, 12:25:13 PM

yeah and all this wait for a game that wont last 20 hrs and will be completed in a day or two....6 years and christ knows how much it costs

i will stick to the Activison and Capcom games that i enjoy half a dozen times a year,and it takes me longer to finish their games

everyones saying 'ooh look how great it looks,its gonna be great'..it bleeding should be 5-6 years jeez

i agree on the artistic side of things,but if its taking that long for a game...the wait for us,on the other side is never worth it

seriously: why are you so fucking worked up about a game you have no real interest in? what does it matter to you how long team ico takes? you're just down on developers who take their time, period?...

as you said, you've got capcom, & activision - enjoy the games you like, & leave the endless waiting to us fools who don't have a problem with it smile ...

i just don't see why what goes on with this particular game really even matters to you...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »

Uh, Activision and Capcom are publishers who employ numerous developing teams, both internally and externally.  Team Ico is just a single development team within Sony.  Not a good comparison.  At all. 
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 20, 2009, 12:54:38 PM

Uh, Activision and Capcom are publishers who employ numerous developing teams, both internally and externally.  Team Ico is just a single development team within Sony.  Not a good comparison.  At all. 

Oh i was going to say that. frown

Team ico 2007  :

Activision assasins creed 2 dev team: 450 devs. smile

Thing is with games like ico it's good to have a small team of people and what team ico wants to do is to make something unusual fron the rest of the gaming industry... They dont do that by hiring 400 game devs but by finding talented people who they believe can do that. You sound incredible angry about them for some reason. I dont have any problems waiting years and years for games, cds and movies if they are good when they come out instead of the random generic shit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:08:24 PM by Maggot » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

okay fair enough on the size of the team,why they can't just get more people is beyond me...a good team leader is needed if they are scared of more poeple making the game become how they dont want it

with these games taking so long now,when it is released,after your 20hrs play..thats it until the next gen of consoles..next Team ICO game if they dont change teams or anything..will be around about 2016

i wont post anymore in this thread if you all say you don't mind waiting 5-6 years for a game,i see i am pissing a few people off

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »

Well it's not that i wouldnt want a game like this to be released every year but the fanbase isnt extremly big so it probably doesnt make sense to make a big dev team anyway. If i could get a game of ico/sotc quality every year i would but i just know it isnt possible because really thought through games that i enjoy as much as this takes that long time to make and has to have a not too big dev team... A good team leader wouldnt work if half of the people dont share the same vision.

This isnt the average gamers cup of tea so yeah i am happy enough about just still getting games like this.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:26:51 PM by Maggot » Logged
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:52 PM »

d'oh! It just struck me - this is the ressurrection Lucasarts was talking about they'd do...sigh - I was sooo hoping for Xwing or Tie fighter

A new one
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »

Yes, the overly macho guy would pull out a BFG and shoot the creature in the head. Game over, man! Game over!

Ruining language with my terrible words.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:16 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 20, 2009, 01:29:52 PM

d'oh! It just struck me - this is the ressurrection Lucasarts was talking about they'd do...sigh - I was sooo hoping for Xwing or Tie fighter
I think you have too many browser tabs open at once, but yes, I agree.  As fun as a Monkey Island remake will be, I had my hopes on a new space sim as well.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »

I was waiting for the kid to stab that thing in the glowing weakspot...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 20, 2009, 01:39:16 PM

Quote from: Razgon on May 20, 2009, 01:29:52 PM

I think you have too many browser tabs open at once, but yes, I agree.  As fun as a Monkey Island remake will be, I had my hopes on a new space sim as well.

ugh -sorry - I'll repost this the appropiate place :-) Thanks WP!

A new one
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 20, 2009, 01:15:44 PM

okay fair enough on the size of the team,why they can't just get more people is beyond me...a good team leader is needed if they are scared of more poeple making the game become how they dont want it

with these games taking so long now,when it is released,after your 20hrs play..thats it until the next gen of consoles..next Team ICO game if they dont change teams or anything..will be around about 2016

i wont post anymore in this thread if you all say you don't mind waiting 5-6 years for a game,i see i am pissing a few people off

MO, keep posting.  No one's rushing you out.  Speaking for myself, I was just surprised at how strongly you seem to be against this wonderful team.

As for just hirin more people, passion gets spread thin really easily.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 20, 2009, 01:15:44 PM

dude! - reread the thread: the only person 'pissed' about anything is - you! smile ...

post all you like - tho, yeah, it's definitely kinda odd when the only poster on the thread not willing to cut the developer of a game some slack, time-wise, is also the poster that's least looking forward to actually playing the game smile ...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »

hopefully the controls/camera are better than SotC.  I tried playing it but after a half hour of fighting the camera while fighting a colossus I threw in the towel.  I was disappointed, I really liked the concept but not the annoyance factor.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »

Quote from: Maggot on May 20, 2009, 01:04:46 PM

Team ico 2007  :

Oooh, two out of the three females (can you spot the actual females? LOL) in that picture look like they are real cuties.  Man I love Japanese girls!
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »

did you guys see the updated version of this from E3?
Gamersyde has a partial video
If you thought it looked good before, you won't believe this...

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »

Yeah, it looks way better.  Also the way they blast the white lights in the game actually makes things look for storybook.  Still not too keen on how the kid looks, a bit too cartoonish.  On the other hand, it really helps him stand out when the camera is at a distance, which it will probably be quite often considering the size of the colossus.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 03, 2009, 10:41:33 AM

did you guys see the updated version of this from E3?
Gamersyde has a partial video
If you thought it looked good before, you won't believe this...

just watched it via the psn 'sony conference pt 3' video, & there is no other game i'm looking forward to more - just stunning. fumito ueda's a visionary, & video game treasure...

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »

fumito ueda > all ...

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »

I'm hoping that they rerelease their previous 2 games before this one comes out.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on September 24, 2009, 02:43:45 PM

Locally hosted now. smile 

http://www.gamingtrend.com/News/news.php?NewsID=14335

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »

There's a website now.  It's in Japanese, but still.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/trico/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: