http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:30:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 4 - Nuclear HOAX :(  (Read 3305 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:24 PM »

IN!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:21:43 PM by leo8877 » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 26, 2013, 09:18:24 PM

IN!

+1!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 07:23:49 AM »

I've had the impression for a while now, that the next Bethesda game will be the latest entry in the Wolfenstein series. If they are in fact announcing a new game on Dec. 11th, my money is on it being that.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »

That game was announced months ago, so that's not going to happen.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »

Well it's a good think nobody took that bet with me - I can keep my money.  icon_smile
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »

Having played that new Wolfenstein at PAX, I'd say avoid it. Really suffers from not knowing what kind of shooter it is.

As for a new Fallout and Elder Scrolls game, I really want them to explore more interesting followers and use of those followers. They don't need to be as detailed as Bioware companions, but they could use more story, and even a character arc like some of the New Vegas followers had. And perhaps better control over them.

That's a hope overall for this coming generation of RPGs, open world or not. So many corners had to be cut when devs realized how limited last gen systems were.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »

RE the beeping, it's definitely morse code. I'm surprised the person who wrote up that article doesn't know that. I think it would be pretty clever for Bethesda to use that in a teaser site. Because come on, who hasn't developed elaborate teaser sites before?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on November 27, 2013, 10:05:08 PM

RE the beeping, it's definitely morse code. I'm surprised the person who wrote up that article doesn't know that. I think it would be pretty clever for Bethesda to use that in a teaser site. Because come on, who hasn't developed elaborate teaser sites before?

In the comments below the author says the beeping comment was tongue-in-cheek.  The reddit thread linked earlier has translated the morse code.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 10:22:20 PM »

Oh ok, I missed that. It wasn't very clear from reading the article itself.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23:22 PM »

listed on German Retailer Site

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16807-Fallout-4-Listed-on-German-Retailer-s-Site--More-Clues-Teased.html

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »

Fallout 4 codes coming thick and fast on Survivor2299.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

So are we thinking announce this weekend at Spike VGX?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, 08:57:46 PM »

I'm guessing so.  if not I say we riot.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »

going through the reddit thread now.  gods, they people who pore over this stuff are quick. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

BethSoft is looking for playtesters for an unannounced game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »

I am not going lie, I loved Fallout 3, so did the wife, we even played a lot of new Vegas and bought the DLC, and I loved Oblivion and Skyrim, All in spite of their massive short comings. I guess that's neat, but it also makes me wonder what would happen if Bethesda could actually make a non-buggy game with tighter gameplay, non-terrible models, incredibly over-used dialogue (see arrow to the knee meme), and I could go on and on. What is amazing is that their games are much better than the individual parts, mainly because of the scope, but god, if they could just have that great scope AND cover the other stuff too I would be in gaming nirvana.

So yeah, this I am sure will look awesome, but I fully expect it to not be as good as any announce trailer, and even with all the extra processing power available to them, all I can think of is how they will mismanage it. Maybe I will buy a new pc in 18 months when this comes out and buy this and then play it with mods on that actually fix everything Bethesda seems incapable of doing themselves.

/End Rant...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »

Part of the reason why they had terrible models and repeated dialog is that they had to fit everything on to a DVD, that's 4-8 gigs. Going bluray for both consoles means 50GB base. And then the memory to fit those extra things so they can be encountered during normal gameplay. Even their model system is designed to use absolutely as little memory as possible, so most of it is reused. Faces and bodies are just scaled horizontally or vertically as needed for the race, then with a head or arm replacement.

Also, all those repeat textures you see, and the samey looking dungeons? A new tech standard in both consoles, called Tiled Resources (NVidia) or Partially Resident Textures (AMD, which is in both consoles) is essentially a hardware based version of the Megatexture tech used in Rage (Id Tech 5 engine). It allows you to do what rage did and have a whole lot of unique textures on a level since the engine will be loading just parts of a larger texture file stored in memory. And because it's using hardware, you run into less problems than Rage did. This also means they don't have to follow various texture seam limits as closely, and can just go wild with the look of an area, putting in more detail specific to the dungeon or area you're in that just gets baked into the megatexture. It's a process that's actually faster for the artist in some ways.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:49:58 AM by Turtle » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013, 05:17:54 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on December 04, 2013, 11:16:32 PM

So yeah, this I am sure will look awesome, but I fully expect it to not be as good as any announce trailer, and even with all the extra processing power available to them

Processing power isn't the important part at all. It's memory that's the real game changer for this kind of game. Having to fit a game like Skyrim or Fallout 3 into 256 MB of RAM is mind-bogglingly difficult, if not impossible to do properly. Bethesda has been squeezing milk out of a rock to make their games run on the last-gen consoles. They no longer have to do that.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »

I hate rock milk.

I also found that after Fallout 3 proper, Bethsoft games haven't held my attention long enough. I still need to get back into skyrim, and new vegas is sitting in my Steam Pile Of Shame with no plans to pop into that any time soon.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »

wont be at the Spikes anyway

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/408699279377981440

No, folks. I am not going to VGX. Bethesda is not showing/talking about anything at VGX. Just some PR meetings in LA. Take deep breaths.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »

damn.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 05, 2013, 12:43:21 AM

A new tech standard in both consoles, called Tiled Resources (NVidia) or Partially Resident Textures (AMD, which is in both consoles) is essentially a hardware based version of the Megatexture tech used in Rage (Id Tech 5 engine). It allows you to do what rage did

Great, browns for everyone! smile

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »

😑
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 05, 2013, 12:43:21 AM

Part of the reason why they had terrible models and repeated dialog is that they had to fit everything on to a DVD, that's 4-8 gigs. Going bluray for both consoles means 50GB base. And then the memory to fit those extra things so they can be encountered during normal gameplay. Even their model system is designed to use absolutely as little memory as possible, so most of it is reused. Faces and bodies are just scaled horizontally or vertically as needed for the race, then with a head or arm replacement.

Also, all those repeat textures you see, and the samey looking dungeons? A new tech standard in both consoles, called Tiled Resources (NVidia) or Partially Resident Textures (AMD, which is in both consoles) is essentially a hardware based version of the Megatexture tech used in Rage (Id Tech 5 engine). It allows you to do what rage did and have a whole lot of unique textures on a level since the engine will be loading just parts of a larger texture file stored in memory. And because it's using hardware, you run into less problems than Rage did. This also means they don't have to follow various texture seam limits as closely, and can just go wild with the look of an area, putting in more detail specific to the dungeon or area you're in that just gets baked into the megatexture. It's a process that's actually faster for the artist in some ways.

See I don't buy this more/better tech will allow them to make a better game stuff. If they couldn't do better wiith the restrictions imposed by hardware, having more power will only allow them to continue to be sloppy. This is their M.O. Especially in the TES games. I just don't have confidence that now that they have more power to work with that their designers and coders and artists will automagically get better at their jobs. Anyway,  it is the mods that ultimately make these game better but those aren't on consoles.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on December 06, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

See I don't buy this more/better tech will allow them to make a better game stuff. If they couldn't do better wiith the restrictions imposed by hardware, having more power will only allow them to continue to be sloppy.

While I understand where you're coming from with that argument, you have no idea how absurdly restrictive the limitations from the previous console generation were. There's a damn good reason why only Bethesda has been making this kind of game up until now. It's because only they were insane enough to try, and even succeed. Now that the worst restrictions are lifted with this new console generation, we'll see other games in this genre. The Witcher 3 is the first one out.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 05, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

wont be at the Spikes anyway

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/408699279377981440

No, folks. I am not going to VGX. Bethesda is not showing/talking about anything at VGX. Just some PR meetings in LA. Take deep breaths.

My optimistic self wants to think that they're secretly having a PR meeting to figure out how to best unleash the Apocalypse on us slywink
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »

Don't give up yet, people! Remember that the countdown this thread is about doesn't even count down to the VGX awards. It's set for the 10th of December, apparently.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:12 PM »

hmmmm......

PSA: If you don’t hear it through an official channel like this, assume all rumors and speculation are false.

Bethesda, feeding the flames.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 01:55:59 AM »

They're planting red herrings!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »

http://kotaku.com/looks-like-its-official-the-fallout-4-teaser-website-w-1478408027

NOoooooooooooOoOoooOooooooOOOOOOooo
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »

Eh, I wouldn't worry.

Fallout 4 is definitely happening. Bethesda won't abandon a cash cow like Elder Scrolls and Fallout. I mean, they hired a separate company to make a between game with Fallout New Vegas. They will make a new Fallout and new Elder Scrolls. This only means that it will take a little bit longer.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

Bethesda on why it took so long to say anything:

we avoid responding to rumors and speculation, but did wanted to respond once people took it more seriously.

so apparently the folks at Bethesda have been living in a cave on Mars for near a month.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 07, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

we avoid responding to rumors and speculation, but did wanted to respond once people took it more seriously.

In other words, they wanted to enjoy the free publicity for as long as possible slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »

Fallout 4 hoax cost perpetrator $990
Survivor 2299 creator admits: 'I know I'm a douche'

While DCHoaxer admits that he's "a douche" the motivation for the hoax wasn't entirely self-serving, though he did write that "some men just want to watch the world burn", presumably in reference to himself.

"I wanted to force Bethesda to reveal something during VGX on 12/11, and bring /r/Fallout community together (for at least 3 weeks)," he continued on a more positive note.

"Unfortunately, this plan failed."

According to DCHoaxer, hosting the Survivor 2299 website cost $30, the traffic ended up costing $60, while the phone number rental cost 'approximately' $900.

He also claims to have created a CG trailer, which he'll send live as soon as things have settled down a bit.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on December 08, 2013, 12:08:03 PM

In other words, they wanted to enjoy the free publicity for as long as possible slywink

pretty much smile

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2013, 06:08:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 09, 2013, 12:22:54 PM

Quote from: EddieA on December 08, 2013, 12:08:03 PM

pretty much smile

It is hard to blame them for doing something that works really well.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 06, 2013, 07:57:41 PM

See I don't buy this more/better tech will allow them to make a better game stuff. If they couldn't do better wiith the restrictions imposed by hardware, having more power will only allow them to continue to be sloppy.

While I understand where you're coming from with that argument, you have no idea how absurdly restrictive the limitations from the previous console generation were. There's a damn good reason why only Bethesda has been making this kind of game up until now. It's because only they were insane enough to try, and even succeed. Now that the worst restrictions are lifted with this new console generation, we'll see other games in this genre. The Witcher 3 is the first one out.

Their games are sloppy on Pc (always have been) as well so console power does not have anything to with it.  Which is why he truthfully said : " Anyway,  it is the mods that ultimately make these game better but those aren't on consoles."  In other words no amount of extra console power can save Bethesda from making a sloppy game.  I would never consider playing one of their games on console even If I bought a used Xbox to just to play Morrowind.  smile.  I wisely got a PC capable a year later and modded that sucker up! 

morlac00 on PSN
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2013, 09:13:01 PM »

Quote from: morlac on December 09, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

Quote from: TiLT on December 06, 2013, 07:57:41 PM

Their games are sloppy on Pc (always have been) as well so console power does not have anything to with it. 

Actually, it has everything to do with it. The PC versions of Bethesda's games are just upscaled versions of the console games. They are still designed around the console restrictions. Porting a game to a PC doesn't magically fix issues introduced in order to solve basic design problems.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: