http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 07:00:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor Mill: Valkyrie Profile 2?  (Read 843 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2005, 03:45:37 AM »

I'm not a big fan of the original game, but I know there are a few here that are.  I saw this posting on another board, so take it with a grain of salt:

The title is supposedly Valkyrie Profile -Sylmeria- and it comes out in 2006 for the PS2.

The Valkyrie is named Sylmeria this time and that other lady shown (that looks a lot like she could be the Platina of this game) is the queen of Diban named Aylssia.

Also the bit of the logo you can see in the upper right looks just like the VP logo, and they already announced that there was going to be a new Tri-Ace RPG shown at Jump Fiesta this month in Japan (17 & 18th I think?).

Bears keeping an eye on, at any rate...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 04:10:38 AM »

your picture no worky, you tormentor of souls.

Man this reminds me to go finish Valkyrie Profile

I doubt we'd ever get to see it over here, but then again Tri-Ace has been on a winning streak lately!

Can't wait for more details, as I love the world/story from the first game. You had to dig for it, but it is cool.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:44 AM »

Yep saw the picture over at GAF!  EXCITED!  VERY VERY EXCITED!  Seeing as how I've played through the original twice now, very excited to see FINALLY a sequel planned!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:12:25 PM »

Sorry, not sure why the pic won't show up.  Here's a direct link to the image:

Valkyrie Profile 2

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »

Dolla, dolla billz if this makes it to the states.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 07:49:57 PM »

For some reason, the name of the game was cropped out of that image.  In the top right corner, it says Valkyrie Profile : Silmeria.  I don't see why this wouldn't come to the US, given the success of Star Ocean 3 and Radiata Stories.  There's also rumors of a PSP port of the original game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 10:46:31 AM »

SquareEnix has confirmed both the PS2 game, a prequel to the original, and a remake of the original game for PSP.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 06:54:23 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
SquareEnix has confirmed both the PS2 game, a prequel to the original, and a remake of the original game for PSP.
Are any/all coming to the states?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 07:04:11 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Quote from: "EddieA"
Are any/all coming to the states?

Hasn't been announced yet but have there been any SE games of any significance that haven't come over since their merger?  The Dragon Quest remakes are the only ones that I can think of and I think SE's official stance on that was they wanted to prime the US with DQ8 first before making that decision.  

SE seems to be very aggressive with localizing their games.  While Valkyrie Profile wasn't a huge seller it has certainly earned itself a very devoted following and I'm sure SE is aware of it.  And I would expect VP2 to get a nice boost in sales with Square's name attached- the same thing happened for Star Ocean 3, which sold much better than SO2 in the US.  

VP for the PSP should be  a no brainer right now considering the lack of RPGs on the system.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »

AllRPG has some new scans here, showing off some beautiful looking character graphics and a shot of the battle system, which looks a lot like the first game.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 02:25:25 PM »

Eddie, how do you find all these websites?

Those pictures look nice, but I hope that all the fancy graphics don't make the game lose its charm. Definately looks like the same battle system which is good. Just hope the story is as interesting.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 06:09:39 PM »

I just have a list I visit regularly.  RPGamer seems to get news first, but sometimes AllRPG will have something first, as with these shots.  I also check RPGFan, and pretty much any new information on an RPG will be posted at the GameFAQs message board as soon as it becomes available.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: