http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 12:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumble Roses: Demo  (Read 1126 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:04:02 PM »

I didn' see any discussion on this, so I wanted to start one.  I didn't go into this with very much high hopes, but surprisingly after downloading it last night I had a very fun hour or so playing with the various modes.   The wrestling seems well done, but I did notice that some of the hit detection seemed to be off.  After getting my ass kicked in one vs. one matches I rung of a string of 3 victories in tag team.  

I must admit when it comes to wrestling games I lean towards the Fire Pro Wrestling (MY Fav), but I can actually see myself giving Rumble Roses a rental

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:13:47 PM »

This is the one with the women?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »

I didn' see any discussion on this

Yet, there was.
http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13200

Cleverly disguised, however.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »

Really lame game and lame marketing strategy... Hey dude let's throw in some half naked womens and let us sell it to stinky teenagers ( like myself)
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:00:27 PM »

I played the demo and was slightly pleased. The game feels completely like a coin-op game: High on glitz (and boobies) low on depth.

I tried a few matches and never could get the hang of it. It looks like it could be fun playing against friends but if I wanted to see half naked chicks rolling around there is plenty of PRON that serves that need already.

The one mode that really puzzled me was photo op. You "dress" your wrestler and then take pictures of her while she writhes about. She does very little posing. Didn't really see the point of this mode.

Maybe a rental but I won't go out of my way for this.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 12:52:29 PM »

Hey dude let's throw in some half naked womens

You do realize that the majority of male wrestlers are also "Half naked", right?
Everytime I pass through WWE I end up seeing two sweaty dudes going at it in little speedos and nobody cares.. then when the women wear the same thing (even MORE for that matter!) it's "inappropriate".
There's no nudity in the game and very little sexual over tone.. so how is this really any different than a male wrestling game with half naked men?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Hey dude let's throw in some half naked womens

You do realize that the majority of male wrestlers are also "Half naked", right?
Everytime I pass through WWE I end up seeing two sweaty dudes going at it in little speedos and nobody cares.. then when the women wear the same thing (even MORE for that matter!) it's "inappropriate".
There's no nudity in the game and very little sexual over tone.. so how is this really any different than a male wrestling game with half naked men?

Because Herr Freedom stood at attention the whole time I was playing the demo.  :wink:

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

Hey nothing wrong with that.. at least she stood at attention to Rumble Roses and not, lets say, Galactic Wrestling!  :wink:

I've only played the PS2 version and while it could have been a good game, it just lacked too much when compared with other wrestling games.
I've been considering getting the 360 version and unfortunately without Live I cant even check out the demo.

Who controls your partner in the singleplayer tag team matches? You or the AI?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: