http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 01:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTW performance on lower end machines  (Read 1260 times)
Ragnarok
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2004, 09:20:40 PM »

I'm looking to buy RTW as I've heard enough to make me want to buy it.  My question is how it will perform on my P4 1.7G 756MB ram GF3Ti200.  I know there are whole armies to view and watch while zoomed in and am curious if anyone is having any stability problems?
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 02:59:53 AM »

My system is less than yours -- Athlon 1500, Gf3ti200, 512 RAM.  I'm running RTW at 1024x768, mostly medium settings I think -- still looks swell and runs smoothly.  I am using normal unit numbers, not huge.  I have on a couple of occasions gotten serious chop while using flaming arrows, but otherwise the game runs fine.  It's actually a bit chuggier in the campaign map than the tactical battles most of the time, but still ok.

Easily best game of the year for me; I'd highly recommend it with the rig you've got.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 02:32:04 PM »

Get it!  You know you want to.

And, since I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, let me just add that I upgraded my rig recently and playing with larger unit settings is just flat-out amazing.  :twisted:
RaptorRed
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 03:12:54 PM »

My system is very close to yours and I am running everything on highest settings and it runs as smooth as butter. Get it! Its great.

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 03:19:14 AM »

Thanks for the input.  I WILL get it.  Actually I already went to an EB here but for some ungodly reason they didn't have it.  But its coming, oh yes its coming!
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 07:21:02 AM »

At my parents home, I'm running it on a AMD thunderbird 1.2 Ghz, with 512 MB RAM and a GeForce2 MX! WHich is really below the minimum settings, and it runs! Yeah, low detail and all that, but it really amazed me, it's really playable.

EDIT: I have had an error though that makes the tactical map go completely black, like the textures couldn't load. A reboot fixed that...
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 06:20:54 PM »

Runs fine on a AMD 1 GHz Tbird with Ati 9500 pro
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »

Quote from: "Ragnarok"
Thanks for the input.  I WILL get it.  Actually I already went to an EB here but for some ungodly reason they didn't have it.  But its coming, oh yes its coming!

I have it for trade if you're interested...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: