http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 09:19:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RPGs, the next 5 months, and You  (Read 3536 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:23:47 PM »

Seriously, it boggles my mind how many big name (and little!) RPG games are coming out in the next five months.  It's absolutely crazy.  Here is a sampling:

Dragon Quest VIII
Radiata Stories
Makai Kingdom
Kingdom Heart II
Digital Devil Saga II
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood

And more.  What I want to know is - what is everyone planning on purchasing?  What is a day 1 purchase?  What isn't?  Which is a "wait for opinions" game?  What are you not looking forward to?

-  Well, for me, DDS II and Magna Carta are two games I am going to definately purchase.  DDS II because of my obvious fanboy-dom of that series and Magna Carta due to the excellent looking art direction and the similarities to Shadow Hearts (somewhat with the battle system).  

-  Kingdom Hearts II I'll just leave to TML, seeing as how I didn't play through the first.

-  Makai Kingdom is a no-no due to my poorness in strategy games.

-  Dragon Quest is most likely a no-no.  It just doesn't look too great to me, though, I do want that controller to relive the days of Dragon Warrior I for the NES.

-Radiata Stories is a toss-up.  On one hand, I really didn't enjoy the battle system in Star Ocean: Til the End of Time and RS has the same thing going for it.  Though, it is developed by Tr-Ace - who did one of my favorite games Valkyrie Profile - so, like Star Ocean, I will have to probably just play it at some point of time.  But it just looks too "anime'ish" for my tastes.

-  When the heck is Shadow Hearts III going to be announced?!  YEARG!

So!  Long winded I know, but for RPG fans like me the time to empty our wallets on a weekly basis is almost upon us!  Just thought I'd test the waters and see what games everyone else is looking (or not) forward to in the next several months.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:15:51 PM »

My post got erased, so here's the short version:

Dragon Quest VIII -- Day one.

Radiata Stories -- Wait on reviews.

Makai Kingdom -- Day one.

Kingdom Heart II -- Never.

Digital Devil Saga II -- Only if it's cheap, and then only to resell.

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood -- Never.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »

I'm all over Dragon Quest.   That'll be a day one for me methinks. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »

Makes me sad I don't have a Playstation. My PSP and XBox could use some RPGing love.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »

My list is short because my time is short (and so is my cash):

Dragon Warrior VIII: Day One.  I'm saving the last $30 on my EB card for this.

Wild Arms Alter Code F: Assuming it's ever released, I'd buy it on day one if I had the cash.  However, I'll probably have to wait for the price drop.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 02:56:40 PM »

Dragon Quest 8 is day one.  Radiata Stories is almost a certainty at some point.  Kingdom Hearts 2- we'll see how much its improved over the first game.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 02:58:35 PM »

Dragon Quest VIII - I'm tenatively excited about DQ8, but I'll wait on reviews.  I haven't liked any of the other DQ games, but this one looks like it has potential.

Radiata Stories - I have yet to even remotely enjoy a Tri-Ace game (yes, that includes Valkyrie Profile), so I'll most likely skip this one.

Makai Kingdom  - Don't know much about it.  Looks like I need to do some research today.

Kingdom Heart II - Are these still considered RPG's?  I despised everything about the first KH, so I'm sure I'll skip this one.

Digital Devil Saga II - I really want to give it a shot, but only if they fix the ridiculous encounter rate that killed the first game.  That game was so close to being one of my favorites.  From what I've heard, DDS II is more stor-oriented, which would be a very good thing.  The incredible story is the highlight of DDS.

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood - Definately interested for the SH similarities, if nothing else.  It certainly looks cool, and I'm sure I'll give it a shot.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:59:02 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 2 = first minute purchase.

I have to skip Makai Kingdom.  I swear to God, the sphere system is horrible horrible horrible.  I may pick it up near the 20 dollar range, but my inability to get into Phantom Kingdom makes me fret a 50 dollar MK purchase.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:03:16 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Kingdom Hearts 2 = first minute purchase.

I have to skip Makai Kingdom.  I swear to God, the sphere system is horrible horrible horrible.  I may pick it up near the 20 dollar range, but my inability to get into Phantom Kingdom makes me fret a 50 dollar MK purchase.

In MK, the player actually moves the character within the sphere instead of just pointing and clicking a position for the character to move to.  It solves a ton of pathfinding problems, as you get to be behind the wheel, so to speak.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »

i am anxiously awaiting Kingdom Hearts II as well.  I loved the first one.  I thought the story was cool.  The mix of Disney and FF characters didnt bother me at all.  It looks from the trailer that they decided to keep a lot of the same places to visit.  The Gummi ship looks to be fully implemented this time, so maybe that will bring another depth to the game.  I am hoping the decided to change some of the summons.  Most I really never used.  Or used like once.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 03:14:31 PM »

magna carta & radiata - definitely. dq & dds - probably...

haven't gotten atelier iris, & will probably also pass on makai - i think i'm (gulp!) nippon-ichied out!...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 03:23:25 PM »

My review of Atelier Iris is coming up soon.  It might change a few minds out there.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 03:43:05 PM »

Magna Carta - Day one. Everything I've seen of this title so far, is good in my eyes. I hope it can go the distance, since FF12 seems to have been pushed until the year 2060. Give or take a few.

Dragon Quest VIII - Has a nice visual flair to it, but I've never been much for the series, so I'll wait for some reviews, and then some more reviews.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Umm.. I really wanted to like the first one, and did for about 10 hours. I'll wait for reviews on this as well.

Digital Devil Saga 2 - Haven't played the first one yet. The horridly high encounter rate basically turned me off from the game. Same thing happened with Nocturne. Depending on how DDS2 does, I may buy the whole monty.

Makai Kingdom - Disgaea is still my fave from the series. Then La Pucelle. Phantom Brave? Humm. I'll take a waiting stance on this as well. Yeah, I may also be "nippon-ichied out".

Radiata Stories - Heard really good things about this title as well, so most likely I'll look at the initial reviews, and if they're towar... ah hell, I'll probably just end up buying it first day.

So, to wrap it up, most likely Radiata Stories, and Magna Carta are first day purchase. The rest are maybes.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 04:41:37 PM »

DQ8-First minute purchase.
KH2-unlikely unless they really improved the combat.

The rest: I need to read up on them today so I can decide smile
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »

Digital Devil Saga II -- Haven't decided yet. I'm playing the first one now and have this love/hate thing going with it. I have trouble mustering enthusiasm to play the game, but as soon as I actually pwer up the console I find myself getting in to it. I think how the game ends will decide whether I pick up the next one or not.

Dragon Quest VIII -- Insta-purchase. Everything I've read makes the game sound awesome. Day/night cycle, continous world with no loading screen, great cel-shaded graphics, and the traditional turn-based gameplay. Can't wait.

Radiata Stories -- I like the game's art style, but I understand it got mixed reviews in Japan? I'll see what the reviews over here are before I decide on this one.

Makai Kingdom -- OUT! I still have Disgaea and Phantom Brave sitting on my shelf unfinished.

Kingdom Hearts II  -- Day one purchase. Loved the first game despite it's flaws.

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood -- I know very little about this game. I'm intrigued to see what Korean developers will do with some of the Japanese RPG conventions, but I'll have to wait for reviews before deciding whether to play it.

Lunar: Dragon Song: I'm waiting for reviews, but it'd be nice to have an RPG on the DS. If it keeps the spirit of the first two Lunar games, I'll buy it.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 06:00:01 PM »

DDS2  - Will buy, first discounted price I see.  It would have been a Day 1 purchase for me prior to actually playing DDS, and seeing the certain difficulties they added to the battle system from Nocturne.

Makai Kingdom - INSTA-PURCHASE.  I am so all over this next week.

Dragon Quest 8 - Will be at first price drop.  Definetely will look into getting one of those great controllers too.

All the rest I'm mildly curious, and will be waiting to see reviews.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 11:52:31 PM »

Dragon Quest 8: Day One

The rest: Never.
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 02:36:25 AM »

Not to mention that 2 other great RPG are likely to see a 3rd Quarter release in States as well, the incredible Gundam True Odyssey, http://g-rpg.com/ , and the Best Selling Romancing Saga Minstrel Song (RSMS) by Square, http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/ .

RSMS is actually the best selling RPG in 2nd Quarter (Japanese 1st quarter), selling 450,000 units.  It's a good remake of 1992 Famicom title with huge gameworld and very complex battle system.  

As for Gundam True Odyssey, if you ever dreamed about how Mechwarrior/Mechcommander would look like as a RPG, look no further.  It's a good RPG in itself, borrowing heavily from Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Dragon Quest 8.  If you like salvaging parts/weapon, building/collecting mechs, and spending hours customizing them, then this is the best game by far.

There is a good impression thread on GTO's combat system over at Gaming Age.

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=54817

As for the games on that list, I would strongly recommend Dragon Quest 8 while avoiding Magna Carta: Tear of Blood.  As for Radiata Stories, I would suggest rental 1st if possible, as this game has a strong beginning and appears to be an instant classic for the 1st 5~10 hours.  However, the game has various flaws and a weak ending.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 08:43:59 AM »

I totally forgot about Romancing Saga Minstrel Song!  I remember looking up info about it awhile ago and thinking that it looked pretty nifty.  Though, the E3 impressions of the short Japanese demo from IGN aren't very great.  And I sloshed through several hours of Unlimited SaGa and finally quit and haven't played any other SaGa games, so it's not like I'm a bg fan of this particular series of games.  Though, thanks for mentioning that Galadriels.  Now I can turn my attention once again to that game along with all of the others   biggrin

**Edit** So I just read up some info on Romancing SaGa and I'm very uninterested.  Seems like that game has a whole slew of problems going for it.

Samurai
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:27 PM »

GTO is coming out in the States?  Sweet!  Do you know for sure?  I can't find any relevant information on ebgames or gamespot.

Welcome to the Bovine.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 08:03:56 PM »

My insta-purchases would be Dragon Quest VIII and Kingdom Hearts II.  I'm not sure which I'm more excited about.  Everything I've heard about DQ8 (including Japanese reviews) makes it sound top notch and there's no way I wouldn't pick up Kingdom Hearts II.  Still one of my favorite reviews I ever wrote.

Combat is supposedly better in KH2, so your wish may come true Rage.  I've read the Gummy Ship and camera problems have been upgraded as well and that video that whomever linked to looks HOT!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 08:49:34 PM »

I'm planning on picking up Makai Kingdom, KH II and Dragon Quest.  At some point, I'll probably get DDS 2 but I need to finish the first one.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Samurai
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »

Oh yeah... I should probably play through Phantom Brave before I pick up Makai Kingdom  :oops:

Welcome to the Bovine.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 10:28:45 PM »

For those interested in Radiata Stories, the trailer for the game is here: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1444. After watching it, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the graphics, art direction and music. Voice acting is.. meh, although I recognized a number of voice actors from Arx Fatalis. Couldn't tell much about battle system or gameplay from the trailer, although the story doesn't seem t stray too far from Japanese RPG cliches.

Those who dislike anime character designs and cel-shaded graphics are advised to skip the video entirely.  Tongue
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 03:06:37 AM »

I would suggest a much better link to Radiata Stories trailer.  It's the Japanese version with music that actually went on the J-Pop Chart.  

mms://stream7.gekimedia.net/SME/MORRICH/200412/SR087-03.asf

As for the news that Gundam True Odyssey is coming to the States, you can find it a few threads down.  It was announced at Comic-Con last week.  See here for the original news.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/633/633880p1.html
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/633/633907p1.html

P.S.  Sorry for those who may have trouble viewing the above Japanese trailer.  Please follow the following instruction.

First, click on the following link.

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/MORRICH/md_tamakinami/

It will pop up a new windows for "Morrich", which is Sony Music's online service, think of it as ITune+MTV. It may not work until several tries. Keep trying until it shows "Loading" with a Morrich window. Eventually a small blue/grey box in Japanese will pop up to tell you that the files is unavailable. Close the box, and click on Play/Triangle in that Morrich/MTV thing. It will then play some random J-Pop crap. Now you can close the Morrich window and click on the Trailer links shown in this thread.

Apparently you need some thing installed/authorized before you can view those Radiata/MTV trailer on that site. If it still doesn't work for some people, please post here.

Here is another version of Radiata trailer, it's the Anime version.

mms://stream7.gekimedia.net/SME/MORRICH/200501/SR095-01.asf
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 03:46:23 AM »

As for Romancing Saga Minstrel Song, I would say that the game is definitely very "Hardcore".  Though I am not sure whether it's because it's a remake of 1992 title.  Things that are considered the norm 15 years ago for RPG may be totally unacceptable today.

For one thing, the combat is very difficult since random encounter difficulty scales up along with your character's ability and the number of battle you fought.  So just as in Wizardry 8, every encounter can be your last.  You will also find that chained/back-to-back battle are very common in this game, since monsters that are in close proximity will "link-up" to form consecutive battles.  

Furthermore, you can lose characters PERMANENTLY in this game.  There is something called LP (Life Point) for each character, and they can be as low as 3 LP for one character.   You can't raise LP at all, only restore them.  It boggles my mind to find out that in order to escape from battle, you would need to use up your LP!!

However, the fact that this game sold 450,000 unit in 2 months and is the only RPG in top 10 best-seller (2005) should tell you that there may be more than that meets the eyes.  Surely not all Japanese are masochist who enjoy pains and frustration?   :wink:

This game does have a huge and very open-ended gameworld.  In fact so opened-ended that you will likely be lost after the 1st few hours.  The game have 8 different charcters each with different stories, though their path may intersect during the game.  So it's one of those monstrous games that will take you hundreds of hours to experience most of its contents.  Furthermore the graphics is lush and top-notch.  You can see it for yourself in the following Trailer and 30 second Commercial.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/trailer/index.html
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 11:13:28 AM »

Quote from: "Galadriels"
if you ever dreamed about how Mechwarrior/Mechcommander would look like as a RPG, look no further.
Well, my dreams didn't include the idiotic super-deformed look.  "Real" gundams look awesome.  The super deformed look just seems wrong.  Disappointed they went with that, but I suppose it could still be a good game.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 02:05:20 PM »

Quote from: "Galadriels"
As for Romancing Saga Minstrel Song, I would say that the game is definitely very "Hardcore".  Though I am not sure whether it's because it's a remake of 1992 title.  Things that are considered the norm 15 years ago for RPG may be totally unacceptable today.

For one thing, the combat is very difficult since random encounter difficulty scales up along with your character's ability and the number of battle you fought.  So just as in Wizardry 8, every encounter can be your last.  You will also find that chained/back-to-back battle are very common in this game, since monsters that are in close proximity will "link-up" to form consecutive battles.  

Furthermore, you can lose characters PERMANENTLY in this game.  There is something called LP (Life Point) for each character, and they can be as low as 3 LP for one character.   You can't raise LP at all, only restore them.  It boggles my mind to find out that in order to escape from battle, you would need to use up your LP!!

However, the fact that this game sold 450,000 unit in 2 months and is the only RPG in top 10 best-seller (2005) should tell you that there may be more than that meets the eyes.  Surely not all Japanese are masochist who enjoy pains and frustration?   :wink:

This game does have a huge and very open-ended gameworld.  In fact so opened-ended that you will likely be lost after the 1st few hours.  The game have 8 different charcters each with different stories, though their path may intersect during the game.  So it's one of those monstrous games that will take you hundreds of hours to experience most of its contents.  Furthermore the graphics is lush and top-notch.  You can see it for yourself in the following Trailer and 30 second Commercial.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/trailer/index.html

Well, that description just completely destroyed any interest I had in the game.  Thanks for saving me $50!  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »

Someone who isn't lazy, read: not Rage, post a link of dates to go along with these games would you?
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 01:50:44 AM »

Well, my dreams didn't include the idiotic super-deformed look. "Real" gundams look awesome. The super deformed look just seems wrong.

Well, think of it this way, it's a perfect chance to test one of those "Graphics doesn't matter, it's the Gameplay!" credo.   biggrin

I will admit that Super-Deformed Gundams look silly, however, the SD form of MS-09 DOM is almost the same as the real one.  

Despite having zero knowledge and interest about Gundam lores/nomenclature, I still find it a very good game.  The combat in this game is difficult, especially the boss fight, as it's very similar to Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.  Enemy mech not only have immunity to certain attack, like immune to beam weapon or projectile weapon, they also can inflict status ailment like Overheating or Shortcircuiting.  So salvaging and then customizing mechs correctly to counter the enemy specification is the only way to win battle.  

It's also interesting to note that the system for customzing armament in this game is EXACTLY the same as Mechcommander 2.   biggrin

p.s. edited for my various spelling mistake.  :wink:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 02:15:54 AM »

Please assure me that the encounter rate is also not as stupidly high as SMT?
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 02:43:55 AM »

Please assure me that the encounter rate is also not as stupidly high as SMT?

Unfortunately the similarity extends to even that radar/compass thing in SMTN.  GTO has exactly the same radar (turning yellow and then red) indicating the imminence of next random encounter.  

Unlike SMTN though, GTO has a item/skill that COMPLETELY removes random encounter if the enemy pilot is of low level than yours.  So it's possible to wade/backtrack through sections of game with NO random encounter at all.  The SMTN skill only reduces the encounter rate, not completely removes them.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 02:47:59 AM »

Ok that I understand, but will the frequency of encounters be high or reasonable as far as you know?

And get cracking on that list of dates smile
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 02:56:28 AM »

Actually, since you can remove or raise random encounter rate in this game, you can first raise the encounter rate to level up your pilot or salvage some parts near a save point.  Then after getting a few levels for your pilots, you remove the random encounter to explore the area/base.  This way you can choose to play with 0 random encounter.  

Think of it as using Emcon, emission control.  When you want to attract enemy, go full emission and let enemy detect you, when you are done, turn on stealth.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 06:14:27 AM »

DQ8, Radiata Stories, KH2, DDS2, Magna Carta, Wild ARMs Alter Code F, and Sigma Star Saga (GBA side-scrolling shooter/RPG) will all be first-day purchases for me.  Gundam looks cool to me, but I've never had much interest in the whole "mech" genre, so I'll need more information.  Makai Kingdom I'll probably buy sometime in the future, but I doubt I'll ever get Romancing Saga.  There's also the Gamecube Fire Emblem game, which I will get when the price comes down, and Lunar, which (depending on reviews) I will probably buy a DS to play.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 02:00:20 PM »

The Atelier Iris Review is up on the front page. biggrin
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 05:01:56 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"

The review makes me want to buy it again, but I've just heard so many people complain about it.  I'm torn.  I just recently bought Phantom Brave which has sort of turned me onto the NIS releases..so I'm tempted to just get Atelier Iris, I just wish it was not becoming extinct, I wouldn't feel so rushed.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Galadriels
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2005, 02:12:43 AM »

Makai Kingdom just got a 7.5 in pre-release review on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/makaikingdomchroniclesofthesacredtome/review.html
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2005, 05:58:34 AM »

There's also Pokemon : Gale of Darkness, which is supposed to the first non-handheld full-blown RPG game in the series.  It's due out in October.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2005, 06:34:42 AM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"

Very interesting review Zarkon (were you the reviewer?).  I enjoyed reading it.  I only watched TML play it for a bit, but it's interesting how people can see a game in so many different ways.

I like the review overall, but one thing - in your "Cons" you said (or whoever the reviewer was   biggrin ) that, "Jumping is frequently frustrating to horrifyingly difficult."  Yet, the controls aspect got a 92/100?  I don't know how much of a part jumping is in Atelier Iris, but TML also had some grips with the jumping aspect.

Anyway, great review!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: