http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 07:16:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RPG News - Magna Carta and Riviera  (Read 1291 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2005, 07:19:20 AM »

RPGamer has an interview with Atlus about their upcoming RPG Magna Carta.  The game looks great, especially the battle system, which sounds like it might be one of the best ever.  Also, Atlus has opened a website for their soon-to-be-released GBA RPG Riviera.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 07:52:15 AM »

Good grief!  Finally they bring Magna Carta over.

I heard about this game because the character artist for this game is really active on art forums, I saw the character design paintings he did and knew I had to get this game.  Unfortunately, it's only been available in Korea with no translation.

If you can, go find some of the preview character art for this game, it's really quite amazing.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 08:21:55 AM »

Agreed - the art looks awesome for Magna Carta.  I read that it didn't get TOO great of reviews in Korea, but I don't care - I've watched the trailer dozens of times and it really looks fun.  The battle system looks like a Shadow Hearts-esque hybrid, which is good, and the art direction looks unique and outstanding.

I can't wait!  I need this game and I need it noooooowwwww!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 01:46:21 PM »

pre-ordered riviera a while back, but i'd kinda forgotten about magna carta  :oops: - really stunning, & the combat system does indeed look sweet (as do the female characters - whoa!). can't help but think this'll be atlus' most sucessful title ever, especially if ffxii hasn't made an appearance by the end of the year...

thanks for the info!

edit: official mc website here...

ps: please! - either really do up the english voicework right, or just leave it as is with subtitles. please!...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:04:48 PM »

Bless Atlus for importing these things across the seas.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 12:02:59 AM »

THIS is Magna Carta...

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 07:37:43 AM »

"please! - either really do up the english voicework right, or just leave it as is with subtitles"

Judging by past Atlus games like Disgaea and Digital Devil Saga, the voice work should be excellent.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 01:52:05 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
Judging by past Atlus games like Disgaea and Digital Devil Saga, the voice work should be excellent.

up until last month, i'd have agreed with you it wouldn't be a concern... but then i played stella deus smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 09:55:31 PM »

Yes, I really liked Digital Devil Saga's voice work.  I found it very excellent.  I especially liked Sera's voice actor - I thought it had a particularily good fit.  Whoever she was, she really voiced the whole ending boss battle sequence thingy-mcjiggy very well.  I also enjoyed the "final boss"'s voice work, which I'll leave very vague   biggrin

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:36:36 AM »

According to RPGamer, Magna Carta will be a deluxe edition, much like Digital Devil Saga.  $5 isn't bad at all for a 100-page artbook and poster.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 01:56:41 AM »

Whoa sweet!  Awesome news!  I like it when companies release "Deluxe" packaging with little goodies and such.  And hey, $5 more for an artbook and poster ain't too shabby!

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:36:11 AM »

Don't mind one bit. I'm a-buyin' it day one.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: