http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 05:54:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome: Total War Help/Advice Thread  (Read 5461 times)
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2004, 09:26:28 PM »

Quote from: "none"
forgive me if this is covered in the FAQ as i looked but didn't see, but how does one transfer a retinue to another member of the faction?  i've seen that i can select a member of the retinue and even drag the icon around but i'm not sure what to do with it...thanks in advance.

I believe you have to have both people in the same place/stack in order to transfer retinues between them.

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2004, 11:39:13 PM »

Yes, they have to be in the same place and then you can drag-drop the retinue guys onto the other person's portrait.
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2004, 04:57:02 AM »

yes, of course, the most obvious answer.  thank you all!
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2004, 06:23:40 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
so, are we done?  smile  I think the demise of GG ruined the momentum

What I would like is some help with "meta"-strategy in the game.  For a complete noob to these types of games I'm having a hard time figuring out what to concentrate on first.  What works best in the early, middle and late stages of the game?
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2004, 07:01:44 PM »

another question:  do the bonuses of an enemy's temple or shrine apply to you when you've conquered a city with one in it?  i know it's probably better to replace it with a temple of your own but i'd like to take advantage of the bonus (usually to troop experience) initially.
Slater
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2004, 12:22:16 AM »

Yes, other cultures shrines do seem to affect your cities. This is particularly useful when it comes to the ones that (for instance) fully upgrade missile weapons, and can be had well before you get to the foundries stage.

I'm an archer man, so fully-upgraded Cretan archers make me dribble with joy.
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2004, 02:55:44 AM »

Oh man.  Oh man.  Talking about upgraded archers, I just finished a Gaul campaign and I had blacksmith-upgraded, silver-chevroned Forester Warbands, 5-6 units in an army (backed up by some Chosen Swordsmen and Barbarian Noble Cavalry), as my core force making the final sweep into Greece.  It is just a thing of beauty to watch those badboys take down whole units of slow lumbering Armored Hoplites.  Just a thing of beauty.  I dunno if ancient archers were ever remotely that effective in real life, but it sure was satisfying.
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2004, 12:58:32 AM »

FAQ has been updated as of 10-18-04
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: