http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 07:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rogue squadron on xbox?  (Read 1336 times)
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2004, 06:48:43 AM »

I read a looong time ago that factor 5 were going to release their 2 latest rogue squadron games as 1 package for xbox... But there's no info, anywhere... Anyway, I've got a gamecube now, so it doesn't really matter for me anymore, but are the games worth it? Is the coop fun?
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 06:55:37 AM »

I would definately buy them if they came to the Xbox.  The one package idea sounds stellar.  Where'd you hear about that?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 08:18:22 AM »

I don't recall exactly, but I think there's a tidbit of information about them on gamespot or gamespy or something... let me see if I can get a link...
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 08:34:57 AM »

Yeah, I found a link:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=4762

And apparently it comes out when the original movie trilogy is released on dvd... Still, it's awfully quiet about the game... You'd think they'd devote a website to it at least...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 08:38:25 PM »

Thanks Rocketman.  Like you said it has been very quiet.  All the reports I could find date back to October of last year, like the one you linked to.  I guess we can hope for the best.  No hype yet is a bit of a surprise.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 04:03:11 PM »

So I caved and bought used copies of both Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader and Crimson Skies.

I like Crimson Skies the best so far, because I just can't seem to get the controls for Rogue Squadron down... I never see any TIEs (my tv's too small), I get disoriented, radar seems useless so far, and there's no 'flying' feel to the game.

But I'm sure I'll get better with it, and grow to like it... This game is too pretty to have shallow gameplay I hope smile
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 06:40:33 PM »

Don't look for them to be on the Xbox anytime soon. Look at that linked article, it's from october of last year. For the most part it was a rumor on Xbox IGN and it's since been considered Dead.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 03:38:04 PM »

honestly i hated n64, but rogue squadron on that rocked! that and perfect dark were my favorite game son that system and two of the best (there wasnt much else)

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: