http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:10:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rockstar's Agent  (Read 417 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »

seems to be the current rumour going about after Gametrailers.com interview with Jack Tretton

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/06/07/twitter-chat-tretton-confirms-agent-going-multiplat-vita-release-date/

Jack Tretton has told Gametrailers some news regarding release window for the PlayStation Vita, as well as some bad news regarding Rockstarís Agent.

The PlayStation Vita will launch before Christmas, in Japan and by the end of the financial year (March 2011), for everyone else.

In terms of Rockstarís Agent, Tretton has said that the game will be following in the footsteps of L.A Noire by going from a PS3 exclusive, to a multiplatform title. This is certainly bad news for PlayStation fans and the game could have given the console a well deserved boost in sales.

This news come to us via twitter, so we didnít actually see thing with our own eyes, therefore consider this rumour until we can confirm this for ourselves.

as the last line suggests,don't take it as gospel just yet,i can't see it on gametrailers (but there are a lot of news stories with E3 though)and no other site is talking about it,except GiantBomb forums and where i got this story from the PS3 forums
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:00:39 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »

Is anyone really surprised about this?

This day and age, it's impossible to secure a full exclusive unless you're willing to pay the whole development costs, secured it previously, or there are technical limitations.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 07, 2011, 10:42:49 PM

This day and age, it's impossible to secure a full exclusive unless you're willing to pay the whole development costs, secured it previously, or there are technical limitations.

yeah, I think the only exclusives we're going to see anymore are from Studios practically owned by MS or Sony, or those too lazy to do a port.  of course it'd be nice if Rockstar remembered their PC roots  crybaby

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:33:49 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 07, 2011, 11:37:17 PM

Quote from: Turtle on June 07, 2011, 10:42:49 PM

yeah, I think the only exclusives we're going to see anymore are from Studios practically owned by MS or Sony, or those too lazy to do a port.  of course it'd be nice if Rockstar remembered their PC roots  crybaby
And while they're at it they can also remember that once upon a time one of their studios made an awesome Midtown Madness game for the PC.  crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:04:56 AM »

Rockstar Renews Agent

The company has renewed a pair of trademarks protecting the name Agent and the game's logo - specifically the fact that it has "the shape of a handgun comprising the internal section of the letter 'G'".

The trademarks (dug up by Siliconera) are the first indication for some time that Rockstar has not given up on the project entirely.

Rockstar revealed Agent at E3 2009 as a "genre-defining" PlayStation 3-exclusive stealth action game set during the Cold War. It was "still in development" in May 2011, although nothing has been heard of it since.

The only time the game itself has been glimpsed was in 2011, via pieces of in-game art leaked via a former Rockstar North artist's resume.

Logic would suggest that the project - if still alive - will now be released on PlayStation 4, rather than PS3. Rockstar has not announced any further projects beyond Grand Theft Auto 5, finally due for release this September.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »

Blast from the past!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »

not only had I figured this was long dead, I had completely forgotten about it.  watch, it will go from 'no information' to released in 6-12 months. 

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »

Agreed. It's likely been secretly in development.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:51 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on July 24, 2013, 12:03:05 AM

Agreed. It's likely been secretly in development.

Let's hope it's not like LA Noire though - if memory serves it finally came out and crumbled the studio right behind it. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »

Heh, well Rockstar's been around for a long time, so I doubt that would happen. The worst that could happen would be to close one of their studios. L.A Noire was a different situation entirely where it was developed outside the company.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »

Yeah, Team Bondi had plenty of problems of its own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: