http://gamingtrend.com
March 03, 2015, 05:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3,360,PS4,XB1,PC] Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 56750 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 24, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 23, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

For some reason this game isn't grabbing me like Red Dead did.  I think it's because everything is just driving.  I recall Red Dead having different missions that were not just ride your horse.

It is called Grand Theft Auto....

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 24, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »

"Hey, cousin.  Want to go bowling?"

As I recall, you can go play tennis, gold, bowl, hang glide, etc.  There's a ton of stuff to do that's not driving cars. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 25, 2014, 02:37:29 AM »

Marathons, hunting, drive a mini-sub, jet ski and boat races, scuba diving, rampages, dabble in the stock market, purchase real estate, assassinate unscrupulous characters for money, etc.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 26, 2014, 02:35:10 AM »

Article on Tweaktown, GTA V will have 'just for PC' features, including a video editor

Grand Theft Auto V launched for the previous generation consoles last year, and only last week for the Xbox One and PS4, but it looks like Rockstar has a few tricks up its sleeve for the PC version of the open-world fun-a-thon.

WCCFTech is reporting that the PC version of GTA V will include a video editor mode, which is a 'Just for PC' feature. This feature alone would be a great addition to GTA V, and would fit better on the PC version thanks to the mouse and keyboard combination. Extending on this feature, is the ability to mod the game, something that turned GTA IV on the PC into something absolutely remarkable.

Grand Theft Auto V launches on the PC on January 27, 2015.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 28, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 26, 2014, 02:35:10 AM

Article on Tweaktown, GTA V will have 'just for PC' features, including a video editor

Grand Theft Auto V launched for the previous generation consoles last year, and only last week for the Xbox One and PS4, but it looks like Rockstar has a few tricks up its sleeve for the PC version of the open-world fun-a-thon.

WCCFTech is reporting that the PC version of GTA V will include a video editor mode, which is a 'Just for PC' feature. This feature alone would be a great addition to GTA V, and would fit better on the PC version thanks to the mouse and keyboard combination. Extending on this feature, is the ability to mod the game, something that turned GTA IV on the PC into something absolutely remarkable.

Grand Theft Auto V launches on the PC on January 27, 2015.

Excellent. I've been holding out for the PC version and I can't wait for it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1405 on: November 28, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

Phew, I just finished the story mode again. The last time was on PS3. I had forgotten how incredibly long this game is, but just getting through the main story without any real side activities took me 1 1/2 weeks. Great fun though. smile
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 01, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »

Did you spend any significant time in first-person mode?

Sean Lama
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1407 on: December 01, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »

No, but I am now that I'm only doing side activities.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 01, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »

I play the game entirely in first person mode, except for when I'm in cover. Haven't had any issues at all. It's like a whole new experience from the previous gen version, as weird as that sounds.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 12, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »

The more I hear "Too Late for Goodbyes" the more I realize it's actually kind of a terrible song.  So clumsily written, lyrically and musically limp.  It's so clear that we gave Julian Lennon a pass in the 80s because we'd hear his voice, and it sounded so eerily like his father.

The first time I heard it on a GTA V radio, I got excited, because I really hadn't heard it in a long time.  But I'm realizing now why I haven't heard it in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:05:57 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: December 12, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »

Not to mention that it's hard to sustain a career that's based solely on falsetto.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:54 AM »

I just started playing the game last week... Is anyone else turned off by the nature of the explicit content? I know I've become more sensitive towards mature content in entertainment since getting married and living with my wife, but it seems way too vulgar. The strip clubs actually show bare breasts, the dialogue is pretty harsh (particularly when Trevor is talking), the violence is not as "cartoony" as it used to be with Trevor smashing people's heads in left and right.

Maybe I'm not remembering clearly, but I thought GTA IV was classier about its content.

Sean Lama
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:07 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on January 09, 2015, 06:20:54 AM

I just started playing the game last week... Is anyone else turned off by the nature of the explicit content? I know I've become more sensitive towards mature content in entertainment since getting married and living with my wife, but it seems way too vulgar. The strip clubs actually show bare breasts, the dialogue is pretty harsh (particularly when Trevor is talking), the violence is not as "cartoony" as it used to be with Trevor smashing people's heads in left and right.

Maybe I'm not remembering clearly, but I thought GTA IV was classier about its content.

The last 3 GTA games have always been this bad.  It always makes me uncomfortable.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 09, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »

Quote from: naednek on January 09, 2015, 05:08:07 PM

The last 3 GTA games have always been this bad.  It always makes me uncomfortable.

Maybe, but the material is entirely appropriate to the world being represented.

Trevor, for example, is meant to be bat shit crazy (though, as with all well-written fictional crazies, he does have his own set of rules) and keep you off balance, uncertain of what he might do.  To set this up, they bring in a major character from the previous game (a player character in one set of DLC) and have Trevor brutalize him.  This was an entirely intentional choice, and it truly sets up the violent, unpredictable nature of the character.

Kvothe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 09, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »

I agree with you about the content, but it certainly isn't any worse in this version than prior versions.  It looks and sounds a lot better, I only play this game when the entire family is asleep.  It makes me  uncomfortable too, and makes me wish Rockstar would make a game along the lines of the greatest TV show of all time "The Wire"...  Drool, that would be an amazing game!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

man it's like a pesty fly that won't go away.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 09, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »

I have a pretty high tolerance level for the level of depravity in GTA series, but Trevor made me very uncomfortable.   

Spoiler for Trevor

Spoiler for Hiden:
The is a cut scene that can occur if you switch to Trevor where it is strongly implied he raped Floyd.   When presented with the option of killing of Trevor I did it without second thought

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 11, 2015, 02:00:28 AM »

I guess I just don't understand this line of thinking.  GTA doesn't bother me personally because it's a game and none of these people or things happening are real.  I look at it as a form of entertainment, nothing more.  I have little to no emotional investment in any of these characters or situations because I know they are simply actors playing a part, no different from a film.  If someone is unable to grasp the difference it's probably time for that person to put the series aside and move on.  I guess my only nagging complaint would be "It's called Grand Theft Auto for a reason, it's been around for quite some time and the formula hasn't changed, why on earth would you expect anything different with this iteration?"  These games are designed and marketed for adults, so an appropriate level of content is what I expect.  If it was all puppies, flowers, and kittens I'd play something else.

Just as an example:  Dexter is one of my favorite shows of all time, but after watching it from beginning to end I still don't feel the slightest urge to go out and commit vigilante murder.  Same with Breaking Bad, I never once got it in my head to start up a meth lab in our shed after the final credits rolled.  GTA is no different to me.  I've played them all, yet never have I thought "Gee I think I'll steal that cop car so I can go on a joy ride and run down some hookers and maybe rob a bank."  The key is separating fantasy from reality, but even the fantasy may be too much for some people.  I think those type of people should definitely not be playing these types of games.  Same for anyone who understands it's just a game, but still find it offensive.  Best thing you can do is play something else, but let's not make those of us who do actually enjoy the game feel bad about it.  I don't think anyone here on GT has gone that far, but I've seen other boards where people seem to think the only type of person who could possibly like this game must be a morally bankrupt asshole kid who lives in his parent's basement.  I may be going out on a limb here, but being that GTAV was the biggest launch in all of entertainment history it's a safe bet that demographic is not even remotely accurate.

Disclaimer:  I'm 40 years old, have a successful career, wonderful marriage, three teenage daughters, and a baby boy who's just about a month old.  I've never been arrested my entire life for any reason, have pretty much always held a job, pay my taxes, read the news daily, and am constantly commended on how well-behaved and mature my daughters are.  All of that, and yet I've played and finished almost every GTA game ever released.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 11, 2015, 08:16:41 AM »

I can see how the profanity may be an issue with some people, but problems with violence has me scratching my head. In most FPS you get achievements for head shots, or gutting people with a knife for silent kills. Not exactly Disney channel material.

I understand that someone will argue about how the violence is portrayed in a more visceral manner, but it isn't exactly worlds apart.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 11, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »

It's been this way for years.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »

I'm definitely not making the case that violent and sexually explicit video games are going to encourage anyone to imitate them.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how to transition from playing video games without worrying about other people, like family, being inadvertently exposed to the explicit content. When I was single it wasn't an issue, but now with my wife around (who hasn't grown up with video games like I have) it feels weird. And the idea of playing it only when no one is around, or otherwise "hiding" what I'm doing, feels awkward.

You guys are right, through. The game is labeled with an M rating so the due diligence on their part is done, it's me who has to be more conscious about what I'm purchasing.

Sean Lama
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: January 14, 2015, 05:03:58 PM »

I wouldn't call it "hiding" those games from your wife, I'd say it's more selecting your audience. 

Would you watch The Expendables or Game of Thrones with your wife?  Or would you more likely wait for a night/weekend she's not around and watch it then?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 14, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 14, 2015, 05:03:58 PM

I wouldn't call it "hiding" those games from your wife, I'd say it's more selecting your audience. 

Would you watch The Expendables or Game of Thrones with your wife?  Or would you more likely wait for a night/weekend she's not around and watch it then?

I started playing GTA V while my wife sat on the couch doing stuff on the iPad. After a few minutes she said "that language is foul, mind playing with headphone?" So I did. Problem solved.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 24, 2015, 03:41:01 PM »

Elders Play GTA V

Both hilarious and fascinating.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: