http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 07:49:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocksmith!  (Read 8223 times)
Larraque
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

I'll be getting my copy of Rocksmith on the way home today. Which means its time to dust off the laguna guitar + amp I bought a few years back but never managed to learn how to play.

I'm starting from absolute zero. I don't know how to tune the guitar, don't know how to play anything well... So lets see if Rocksmith lives up to its promise. This past year, the majority of my video gaming time has been dedicated to Rock Band 3's pro keys mode. I've taken that all the way from easy to being able to handle most songs on expert, with a few FCs thrown in for good measure. My RB3 Pro Keys stats are looking good, and I've been able to turn around and use these skills I've picked up to start playing actual songs on Piano.

I've wanted to do the same for Pro Guitar mode in RB3, but the idea of purchasing a $300 video game controller guitar just didn't appeal.

Early previews look promising:

http://videogamewriters.com/preview-four-days-with-rocksmith-26811

I've got my pre-order in (Radiohead - Bodysnatchers as free DLC? Sign me up!) and now it's time to get excited.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »

I'm going to try to find a copy around town today.  I pre-ordered from Amazon, but for some reason it still hasn't shipped and is showing a delivery estimate of late next week.  I'm guessing something must have happened with Amazon's allotment of stock, because they never offered release day shipping, either. 

Hopefully Best Buy, Target, or Gamestop will have it in stock.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »

I'm anxious to hear reviews.  Also on the guitar included in the bundle.

I'll be especially interested to hear how it goes for a newie like Larraque.  I imagine I won't have the discipline for this, but I'd still be tempted to try.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »

Kotaku does a gut check and says don't buy it because it's a niche game and you wouldn't like it anyways.

ultimately what you have in Rocksmith isn't a game, it's an instructor, an instructor with a peculiar way of teaching that may get you to play songs, but still not understand what you're really doing. If you're looking for something that will mechanically run you through the progressive skills it takes to learn to play something like Nirvana's In Bloom, then get this. But if you want a game give Rocksmith a pass.

And

t manages to do what Guitar Hero and even Rock Band only hinted at—take real-world musical instruction and apply it to a video game setting. It's well-made, and it works… except for lag, which bugged the crap out of me but which I eventually got around.

Rocksmith is just so niche…

Wired's review is way more positive, giving it a 9/10.

WIRED Rocksmith is an amazing learning tool for the guitar. The eventual progression of rhythm games was to get to this point, where you are playing real instruments and actually learning how to play, rather than some sort of cartoonish emulation.

TIRED The game is hard for beginners. Really hard. Playing the guitar is not easy, intuitive to some sure, but certainly not easy without patience and plenty of practice. So Rocksmith is not for those not versed in patience, as would be any task that requires constant practice.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 18, 2011, 03:15:11 PM

I'll be especially interested to hear how it goes for a newie like Larraque.  I imagine I won't have the discipline for this, but I'd still be tempted to try.

I figure I'll be documenting my progress over time. I'm not very musically inclined, but I'm patient and resilient. I actually regret not documenting my process with RB3 Pro Keys more, since it did turn out to be an amazing learning experience.

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »

Quote from: Larraque on October 18, 2011, 03:17:32 PM

I figure I'll be documenting my progress over time. I'm not very musically inclined, but I'm patient and resilient. I actually regret not documenting my process with RB3 Pro Keys more, since it did turn out to be an amazing learning experience.

That's interesting.  My wife, who plays piano, hated RB3 Pro Keys.  The on-screen keyboard display had no bearing whatsoever on actual musical notation, so it was really difficult for her to learn anything. 

I found Rocksmith at Target over lunch here, so I'm ready to go when I finally have some time later tonight.  Can't wait!

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on October 18, 2011, 04:37:27 PM

Quote from: Larraque on October 18, 2011, 03:17:32 PM

That's interesting.  My wife, who plays piano, hated RB3 Pro Keys.  The on-screen keyboard display had no bearing whatsoever on actual musical notation, so it was really difficult for her to learn anything.  

Well, there's two things RB3 pro keys doesn't do. It doesn't teach you how to read sheet music, and it doesn't teach you how to play the left hand part of the song.

Learning the left hand part is kind of a big deal - but I never was a one-handed RB3 keys player anyways, so it wasn't too big of an issue to me. Both hands, and a foot pedal to activate star power. Good enough. I get the 'exercise' in, even if I'm doing it technically wrong. I can't really handle four note chords without the second hand anyways. It's worth pointing out that there's a free PC app called Synthesia, which takes any midi file and converts it to the same falling notes style you see in Rock Band. It's awesome. smile

As far as the 'rock band sheet music' - for a good percentage of the songs, it actually is the correct right hand part. I've tried playing a number of songs from RB3, using the actual chart, and most songs are the correct chart. I'll try playing along with my RB3 keyboard plugged in via the midi adapter to my PC via Fruity Loops, and play along.  Sometimes a key-shift isn't represented (bohemian rhapsody and sister christian both have this). But if you take the chart for we didn't start the fire, or werewolves of london for example - those charts sound correct when played. Of course, as a rookie - who had never touched a musical instrument (outside of an 8th grade music credit for trumpet) - I'm constantly amazing myself at the riffs I'm able to pick up and play.

On the other hand, I'm not going to be sitting down and playing like this amazing street spirit piano duet

Also I just derailed my own thread. Woo! Rocksmith day!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »

I picked up the guitar kit this morning at Best Buy and am really enjoying it so far. I have very, very basic guitar skills (not having played the guitar for many years) but was able to do fairly well on my first go at Satisfaction. The game really is designed for complete novices and holds your hand the whole time.....which is good for me!

So far, I REALLY like it!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »

Oh and the guitar included with the game is really very nice. I really didn't like the Fender that was sold for RB3....but this Les Paul is really good.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »

I wonder if Dragonfyre would be interested in this game...

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »

Another review is up and very positive:

http://www.thegamingvault.com/2011/10/review-rocksmith-360ps3/

If you’re looking for a great music game to play with several of you friends and have a good time, get Rock Band 3. If you want the best guitar game available, Rocksmith goes up to eleven. Sadly, our scale only goes to ten.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:48:53 PM by Hetz » Logged

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 18, 2011, 07:39:37 PM

I wonder if Dragonfyre would be interested in this game...

Probably not. That dude's lame.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »

Really digging the mini-games that are included in the game.  smile

Also, I am not hating on Harmonix (I love Rock Band!!!) but as a whole, Rocksmith is quite a bit more intuitive and well done than Pro Mode on RB. I am saying this as a complete amateur when it comes to real guitar playing. It may be different with experienced guitar players but I am having a much easier (and in turn more fun) time with Rocksmith than I ever had with Rock Band Pro mode. It may be because the whole game is based around it, instead of it just being an optional mode in Rock Band.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 10:48:25 PM »

After seeing enough reviews to at least know that they've gotten the guitar to work correctly, I'll be picking Rocksmith this evening.  I'm about two years into my guitar-playing efforts  and have learned a few things, but I see Rocksmith as an interesting way to work on my technique and learn a few more songs.  The free-play features where you can experiement with amp and pedal effects is an added bonus that looks very cool.

I was hoping that RB3 Pro Guitar would be a fun way to learn songs on guitar, but I have to admit being more than a little disappointed with the RB3 implementation.  I bought the Squier Strat guitar controller, and while it does function well both in the game and as a MIDI controller, I've never been able to get the hang of their onscreen note/chord charts.  The interface just isn't an intuitive way for me to look at the songs.  It also bothers me that you don't actually get to hear your notes when playing the guitar in RB3.  You're stuck strumming muted strings that don't have the same feel, and you only hear your pick clicking off the strings when you strum...hit the right notes and it triggers the game audio, but get it wrong and you don't hear anything useful.  The Squier Strat also has a feel that I don't care for compared to my real Fender Strat...neck is thicker, action is too high, and it has a really 'twangy' tone that I think comes from the plastic on the neck surface.  The idea of actually hearing the notes that I'm playing in Rocksmith is much more appealing, and their interface looks more intuitive from what I've seen.  Add in the fact that I can play with my real Strat that I've gotten used to and love playing, and I have a feeling that Rocksmith is going to be a much better option.  I guess I'll know soon enough...

and it's the same problem that I had with trying to play the Pro Keys.  I can play the piano fairly well, but trying to follow the shifting keyboard onscreen never really worked for me.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 02:07:29 AM »

Ok, I've got to say that the feeling of acomplishment/excitement that I got when I finally nailed the riff to Satisfaction was something that I haven't felt in any music game since the original Guitar Hero! This game is really incredible and is just the shot in the arm that the music gaming scene needs. I really hope that it does well, cause this game is really well made. Man, I was so worried that this would be another PowerGig debacle and I was really wavering with if I should buy it or not, but it's not. I am so glad that I picked this up.

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:10 AM »

Holy shiite.  Not to sound stupidly cliche, but fucking EPIC.  100% agree with Hetz - I haven't had a grin on my face this big while gaming since my first night with the original Guitar Hero.

Wow.  Ubisoft knocked this one out of the park, folks.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »

Must...fight...gamingtrend..forum...effect! A question for folks who bought it: did you buy the console or PC version? Am wondering which version to get, um...in case I succumb to the effect and all that. I have an xbox360 and just built a new PC.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »

I bought the 360 version.  I wanted to be able to play in the living room with the audio cranked through my home theater system.

A second thought on how much I'm digging Rocksmith - I completely forgot last night that Batman Arkham City was sitting on the counter.  I noticed it this morning and thought "Oh, yeah!  That came out too."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:16:16 PM by Boudreaux » Logged

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on October 19, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

I bought the 360 version.  I wanted to be able to play in the living room with the audio cranked through my home theater system.

A second thought on how much I'm digging Rocksmith - I completely forgot last night that Batman Arkham City was sitting on the counter.  I noticed it this morning and thought "Oh, yeah!  That came out too."

Wow! I bought the Squier Stratocaster Guitar for RockBand and I admit I haven't been playing it nearly as much as I thought I would. Perhaps this would get me to bring it out of retirement and start picking the strings again.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »

One of the coolest (IMO) things about Rocksmith is the unlockable amp and pedal effects models combined with the free play mode.  As you progress through the game, you unlock new guitars, amps, and pedals that you can combine to create custom "tones".  You can save your custom tones to different slots in the game, and then load them up via button presses on the controller.  Then you go into free play mode, and Rocksmith basically becomes your amp and pedals.  This was one of the things I was most looking forward to and it works great.  It's basically thousands of dollars of guitar amps and effects crammed into an $80 software package.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on October 19, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

lol

Me too!

Another glowing review for the game, showing this is no Powergig....  smile

http://www.gamingexcellence.com/ps3/games/2540/review.shtml

It's rare to find a game that encompasses a teaching tool as effective as Rocksmith, with virtually no negatives to observe, while still being enjoyable to play.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »

Pretty cool writeup about the game from someone with no guitar experience at all.

http://videogamewriters.com/diary-of-a-guitar-noob-rocksmith-day-1-26914

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »

Ok I bit.  Dusted off my 5 year old guitar that I've played for about an hour total.  I'm as noob as noob gets.  Haven't had time to play other than tuning and the first riff.  I can already tell that learning proper fingering is going to be an issue.  I might have to youtube or find some other source material because even playing that first riff, I wasn't sure which fingers to use.

Tuner works great.  Even as just an amp using my sorround sound system, the guitar sounds a lot better than my shitty amp that came with the guitar.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »

IN! and I SUCK! icon_biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 04:46:03 AM »

You know the Bryan Adams song "Summer of '69"?

I got my first real six-string,
Bought it at the five and dime.
Played it 'til my fingers bled...

Turns out that can actually happen.  Whoops!   disgust

Seriously, I haven't played this much in months.  Some of these songs, eh.  Not that great, and some of these bands really like to hang out on the high B and E strings a lot.  Some of these songs are fantastic, though.  I can't get enough Black Keys.  Also, I swear I'm unlocking songs that aren't in the official set list.  I just unlocked a song called "Jules" that is fantastic, very Santana-esque.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »

Does this have House of the Rising Sun?  I might get it just for that, even though I can't play guitar...
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 06:27:02 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 04:51:46 AM

Does this have House of the Rising Sun?  I might get it just for that, even though I can't play guitar...

yep, it's on the list icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »

Picked it up as a surprise yesterday after my wife had a terrible day. We got a couple hours in and having fun. There's not a way to make serarate profiles in the same gamertag, is there? I made my wife (who plays a little already, vs me being new) play as Player1 local profile since it didn't seem like you could make multiple ones in the game as Azhag2. Let me know if you can though as that'd be easier. I just don't want her ramping up my difficulty :-P
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »

IGN's review is up!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1210429p1.html

I'm so glad that this game is being so well recieved. Hope that this leads to much more DLC being released! smile

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »

I was going to pick this up, but apparently I left my guitar at my sister's when I moved.  She won't give me any of my stuff back. frown
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

I finally loaded up Rocksmith this afternoon and got sucked in for a solid 3 hours...time flew by and I loved every minute of it.  The guitar-sensing tech has worked perfectly so far, note charts are much more intuitive to read than RB3's pro guitar mode, and the auto-adjusting difficulty is a stroke of brilliance.  While I've had my Fender Strat for a couple years, I still very much consider myself a beginner, so starting off with very easy versions of the songs and gradually building the difficulty as I improve is great.  The adjustments can sometimes catch you off guard when more notes suddenly show up in a section you've gotten used to playing, but it's not usually overwhelming and sections that become too difficult will eventually drop back in difficulty if you fail to keep up too many times.  While there are some menu issues that I could complain about, they're relatively minor and don't really hurt the overall awesome experience.  I'm having a blast so far and Rocksmith might just be the only things that pulls me away from Arkham City for a while Headbanging!

All of those compliments said, I do have to mention one very important issue...audio lag.  While the game is definitely playable on my system (360->AV receiver->home theater speakers and plasma TV, all via HDMI), the amount of lag between playing notes on my guitar and hearing them through the speakers is significant.  When you're playing a song by timing yourself to the moving note tracks, it's not all that noticeable or problematic...focus on picking the strings when a note crosses the line and you hear that it's in time with the beat and everything works out fine.  The much bigger problem comes when you're trying to play in amp mode.  In my current setup, there's enough lag between what I play and what I hear that it makes amp mode almost unusable.  Imagine trying to play with every sound that you hear through the speakers lagging two notes or more behind what you're actually playing at a particular instant.  It's incredibly distracting...like trying to concentrate on playing a song while someone else in the room is playing something else at a volume that drowns you out so you can't tell what you're doing.  I still love the game, but I'm going to have to find some workaround for the audio lag to really make the best of Rocksmith...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:21:07 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »

I read a review of this that mentioned audio lag was primarily caused when using HDMI for sound.  Apparently you can run the sound through RCA inputs instead and virtually eliminate the audio lag.   I dont have the game so I cant verify if it works but its migt be worth a shot.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 11:34:22 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 22, 2011, 11:15:13 PM

I read a review of this that mentioned audio lag was primarily caused when using HDMI for sound.  Apparently you can run the sound through RCA inputs instead and virtually eliminate the audio lag.   I dont have the game so I cant verify if it works but its migt be worth a shot.

That's exactly the problem, and one that Ubisoft acknowledges to the point that they actually include instructions with the game that tell you the best way to connect your audio to eliminate lag is by using old-school analog (red/white RCA) cables.  This should eliminate the lag that is introduced by either your TV or an external receiver converting the digital signal so that it can be output through your speakers.  I've already been looking into what it will take to run analog audio from my 360 to make things work and it's not difficult...just means I have to buy an adapter that connects to the 360's AV port and adds analog audio connections.  The official adapter from MS (as well as other brands that you'll find in most B&M stores) runs $20-30, but Monoprice.com has one that can be had for less than $5 including S&H.  Unfortunately, this solution means having to switch out the audio cables for my 360 every time that I want to play Rocksmith if I want to have 5.1 audio for all the rest of my games.  It's not a big deal as long as it fixes the issue, but it is a pain in the ass.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 12:12:09 AM »

Quote from: disarm on October 22, 2011, 11:34:22 PM

That's exactly the problem, and one that Ubisoft acknowledges to the point that they actually include instructions with the game that tell you the best way to connect your audio to eliminate lag is by using old-school analog (red/white RCA) cables.  This should eliminate the lag that is introduced by either your TV or an external receiver converting the digital signal so that it can be output through your speakers.  I've already been looking into what it will take to run analog audio from my 360 to make things work and it's not difficult...just means I have to buy an adapter that connects to the 360's AV port and adds analog audio connections.  The official adapter from MS (as well as other brands that you'll find in most B&M stores) runs $20-30, but Monoprice.com has one that can be had for less than $5 including S&H.  Unfortunately, this solution means having to switch out the audio cables for my 360 every time that I want to play Rocksmith if I want to have 5.1 audio for all the rest of my games.  It's not a big deal as long as it fixes the issue, but it is a pain in the ass.

Shitballs.  You guys pretty much had me sold up until this. 
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 12:39:49 AM »

Yeah, HDMI for sound causes major lag or so I hear. You also don't have to use RCA cables to eliminate the lag. I use HDMI for video and Optical for audio and have no lag at all.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 12:46:53 AM »

I have a pre-hmdi 360 anyways  Tongue no noticeable lag
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 03:26:48 AM »

I'm using standard analog audio as well.  There's a tiny bit of lag but after 5 seconds playing I don't notice it at all.  I have no HDMI input to my home theater receiver so I've never used it for audio.

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »

I played around with some of the audio settings to see if I could improve the lag and had some success, but not enough to be totally happy yet.  By switching the audio settings of the 360 to output stereo over HDMI rather than Dolby Digital and switching my receiver to its 'Direct' mode (disabling any audio processing such as the Audyssey room EQ), I am able to decrease the audio lag noticeably.  Both steps seem to make a difference as I tried DD with the 'Direct' mode and there wasn't much of an improvement.  Even with those adjustments, the lag is still present enough to make playing unpleasant, but it's a step in the right direction and leads me to believe that switching to analog audio to bypass the decoding step will indeed fix the problem.

Quote from: Hetz on October 23, 2011, 12:39:49 AM

Yeah, HDMI for sound causes major lag or so I hear. You also don't have to use RCA cables to eliminate the lag. I use HDMI for video and Optical for audio and have no lag at all.

If you're using an optical connection and don't have lag, then I think you're just lucky enough to have A/V equipment that doesn't introduce a noticeable amount of lag into the system.  Not all components will cause a problem as they don't all process digital audio in the same way, but any digital signal does still have to be decoded, regardless of the type of connection used.  It's the speed at which this decoding process occurs in some receivers, TVs, or other digital audio systems that is responsible for the delay in hearing what you play.  For this reason, I don't think that just switching from HDMI to optical should make any difference in the amount of lag.  That said, having tried everything I can with the settings on my 360 and receiver, I will be digging out an extra optical cable tomorrow just to see if I'm wrong and it does help before ordering a 360 audio adapter.  I'll also be trying to figure out if there's a way to have the analog cables connected all the time and switch between analog and digital sources without having to actually change cables...maybe a setting in my receiver to switch between available audio input types for a given video source...

I did do a lot of reading about Rocksmith before it was released, so I knew this was a potential problem before buying the game...just figured I could find a way to make it work.  I think it is pretty telling that media review copies of the game shipped from Ubisoft in a package that included a pair of gaming headphones and headset amp so that all reviewers had what they needed for a lag-free audio experience.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:29:02 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »

Another update...

As suspected, switching to optical from the 360 doesn't make any difference at all in the lag, so I've placed my order through Monoprice for an RCA/TOSLINK Audio Adapter that will give me analog audio outputs from my 360-S.  I will then be able to pass analog audio from the 360 to my receiver, which should take care of the lag issues.  I've also played around with my receiver a little more, and it looks like I should be able to keep both the analog audio and HDMI connections in place all the time...no switching wires, but I will have to bring up the receiver menu and manually specify to use analog audio whenever I'm playing Rocksmith.  Fortunately, that's something that takes only a few seconds.  Hopefully this will solve the problem...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:50 PM »

Quote from: disarm on October 22, 2011, 11:34:22 PM

This is shitty, stupid and Nintendo-Like.

Here's a game that came out last week that wants me to use tech that I've left behind for 10 years, re-arrange my audio system and buy adapters to get it to work right.

Unacceptable.

If the game knowingly was released with a problem using HDMI, include all adapters to bring your system back to 1996, and tell people with HDMI not to buy it.

I'm pissed.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: