http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 04:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Band - Released! Available! Buy now!  (Read 33985 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 20, 2007, 02:55:36 AM »

I plan on going to the Best Buy in New Orleans (Metairie) in an hour or so to pick this up despite the facts that:

a) I am in New Orleans, not in Denver
b) Even if I was in Denver, my damned 360 died a couple of weeks ago right before the game I had been waiting most for

So, it will sit unplayed until I get back home and my 360 shows back up.  crybaby

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 20, 2007, 03:01:56 AM »

Oh shit.  Glad I just checked the site again to get the address, because they took the New Orleans store off the list.  I did see some good news in that my 360 shows it is shipping back to me.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 20, 2007, 03:50:03 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 20, 2007, 03:01:56 AM

Oh shit.  Glad I just checked the site again to get the address, because they took the New Orleans store off the list.  I did see some good news in that my 360 shows it is shipping back to me.

i checked the website this evening as well and was surprised to see that the list of stores holding midnight sales has shrunken dramatically...very interesting...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 20, 2007, 04:29:26 AM »

I think I just had a 'moment of clarity' . . . I read that the PS3 version's wireless guitar has a dongle . . . and it clicked that since my 'budget' 40 gig PS3 only has 2 usb ports . . . I HAVE to buy a USB hub in order to use all 3 instruments in the bundle.  Why was I assuming the wireless guitar was bluetooth? (Stupidity?)
This is the first time I have regretted going with the 40 gig instead of the 60 or 80 gig version . . .
Anybody know of a cheaper compatible usb hub that won't add $25 bucks on top of the $170?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:32:19 AM by ras752000 » Logged

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 20, 2007, 05:44:56 AM »

1) I just picked ours up.
2) The store I picked it up at was on the list, but then off the list towards the evening, but we called and they confirmed they were still on.
3) I believe that the bundles come with a powered USB hub already.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2007, 06:29:36 AM »

Great. My store was on the list. No chance it'll still be there tomorrow at opening.  mad
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »

The 360 version comes with a hub.  The PS3 version does not have a hub.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 20, 2007, 01:09:10 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 20, 2007, 06:29:36 AM

Great. My store was on the list. No chance it'll still be there tomorrow at opening.  mad

Don't be so sure. The one I was at had at least 60 people in it and it looked like they would have some extras...especially if you get the PS3 version....
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 20, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on November 20, 2007, 01:09:10 PM

especially if you get the PS3 version....

I'm not one of those six people.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 20, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on November 20, 2007, 05:44:56 AM

1) I just picked ours up.
2) The store I picked it up at was on the list, but then off the list towards the evening, but we called and they confirmed they were still on.
3) I believe that the bundles come with a powered USB hub already.

Crap.  I guess I should have called to be sure.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: November 20, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »

Would someone please explain the logic of not even releasing the microphone seperately until FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!! I mean, the bundle is EXTREMELY supply limited, so much so that the Wal-Mart where I got my game, only got 4 bundles total, 2 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3, so why not throw the millions that buy the game, but can't afford, don't need, don't want, or people like me, who's wife said she would "cut my nuts off" if I bought the drums, a bone? I'm pretty disappointed, no, strike that, VERY disappointed that for the next 3 1/2 months I basically have another Guitar Hero. I thought the mic was gonna at least be available, so that pretty much bums me out.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 20, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 20, 2007, 01:15:30 PM

Quote from: Punisher on November 20, 2007, 01:09:10 PM

especially if you get the PS3 version....

I'm not one of those six people.
I know you are joking but . . .
I actually had to do some scrambling to find a Gamestop in town that would actually do a presell of the PS3 bundle for me last week . . . and there are about 6-7 stores in town.  I do not think Mobile, AL is a hotbed of PS3 ownership . . . so things may not be that bleak for the PS3 . . .

Quote from: Chaz on November 20, 2007, 12:47:51 PM

The 360 version comes with a hub.  The PS3 version does not have a hub.
So anybody have any suggestions for cheaper compatible usb hub?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:08:46 PM by ras752000 » Logged

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »

Quote from: ras752000 on November 20, 2007, 02:07:01 PM

So anybody have any suggestions for cheaper compatible usb hub?

Bunch of cheap options on the always awesome monoprice.com . But you would probably be looking at Saturday or Monday because of shipping. 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: November 20, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »

7:40am - As I took my son into daycare I decided not to look for it because I had too many games to play combined with the price and my wife not wanting the extra clutter.

8:02am - walk into the SuperTarget on my way to work

8:05am - walk out with the Rock Band Bundle for 360

Eternity - My wife is going to kill me, but the rock must live on!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 20, 2007, 02:30:16 PM

7:40am - As I took my son into daycare I decided not to look for it because I had too many games to play combined with the price and my wife not wanting the extra clutter.

8:02am - walk into the SuperTarget on my way to work

8:05am - walk out with the Rock Band Bundle for 360

Eternity - My wife is going to kill me, but the rock must live on!

You resisted for 3 minutes or was that just the time it took to stand in line?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 20, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »

All this hype is making me sad. For some reason I just can't get excited for this game. I think I've had my fill of the guitar rhythm games with GH3. Besides I'm broke and don't have enough friends to play  icon_frown

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 20, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »

Give the man some credit, it must have been at least 10 minutes while he drove his son to daycare!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »

Picked mine up at Wal Mart this morning.  They didn't have them out and had to ask someone in electronics to get one out of the back.  Now, I just have to wait until I get home and get my 360 back.  crybaby

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »

Quote from: madpeon on November 20, 2007, 02:56:58 PM

Give the man some credit, it must have been at least 10 minutes while he drove his son to daycare!

*pictures coop reading the game manual while driving* 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:11 PM »

FYI, just about any USB microphone/headset should work.  You can also plug a headset into the 360 controller and use that, though that may not work quite as well because of the low quality mics on those.  I was using the controller headset option to sing and play guitar last night.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: November 20, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »

Can you do a duet with them? I want to do "Hey Ricky" by Weird Al.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 20, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

Never made it to BB as Target had about 10 of them in stock so I bought it and ME.

The RB box is hernia inducing....hernias of delight!
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 20, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »

When I first preordered Rock Band I figured I wouldn't mind it being delivered while I'm in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving as I just wanted to make sure we had a copy so that we could host our Rock Band party on the 1st of December.  As long as it arrived I would be happy.  But now I'm about ready to claw through the walls waiting for it to be delivered.  It shipped yesterday, and I was planning for it to arrive today, but UPS is showing a scheduled delivery date of the 21st.  WTF did I pay for overnight shipping for if my package isn't going to arrive for two days?  And yet so many people who didn't preorder have walked into local brick and mortar stores and already have their copies of the game in their hands.  I am so tired of getting caught up in preorder hysteria, fearing that I won't get a copy if I don't preorder, and time and time again everyone else gets the game by casually strolling into a local store while I wait for mine to be delivered.  I'm sure glad I sprung for overnight shipping, because I obviously got my money's worth.   icon_mad

Online preordering FTL.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 20, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 20, 2007, 03:44:25 PM

When I first preordered Rock Band I figured I wouldn't mind it being delivered while I'm in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving as I just wanted to make sure we had a copy so that we could host our Rock Band party on the 1st of December.  As long as it arrived I would be happy.  But now I'm about ready to claw through the walls waiting for it to be delivered.  It shipped yesterday, and I was planning for it to arrive today, but UPS is showing a scheduled delivery date of the 21st.  WTF did I pay for overnight shipping for if my package isn't going to arrive for two days?  And yet so many people who didn't preorder have walked into local brick and mortar stores and already have their copies of the game in their hands.  I am so tired of getting caught up in preorder hysteria, fearing that I won't get a copy if I don't preorder, and time and time again everyone else gets the game by casually strolling into a local store while I wait for mine to be delivered.  I'm sure glad I sprung for overnight shipping, because I obviously got my money's worth.   icon_mad

Online preordering FTL. 

Yeah, I think the problem is that Gamestops really hype up this preorder thing.  That's because they tend to only stock their stores with enough copies to fill preorders.  Places like Wal Mart and Best Buy are going to get tons of these things in because they are huge chain stores.  I think you want to get it as quick as you can in case these things do become hard to get, but I had no doubts I would be able to get my hands on a copy without preordering.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2007, 03:52:25 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 20, 2007, 03:48:22 PM

When I first preordered Rock Band I figured I wouldn't mind it being delivered while I'm in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving as I just wanted to make sure we had a copy so that we could host our Rock Band party on the 1st of December.  As long as it arrived I would be happy.  But now I'm about ready to claw through the walls waiting for it to be delivered.  It shipped yesterday, and I was planning for it to arrive today, but UPS is showing a scheduled delivery date of the 21st.  WTF did I pay for overnight shipping for if my package isn't going to arrive for two days?  And yet so many people who didn't preorder have walked into local brick and mortar stores and already have their copies of the game in their hands.  I am so tired of getting caught up in preorder hysteria, fearing that I won't get a copy if I don't preorder, and time and time again everyone else gets the game by casually strolling into a local store while I wait for mine to be delivered.  I'm sure glad I sprung for overnight shipping, because I obviously got my money's worth.   icon_mad

Online preordering FTL. 

Yeah, I think the problem is that Gamestops really hype up this preorder thing.  That's because they tend to only stock their stores with enough copies to fill preorders.  Places like Wal Mart and Best Buy are going to get tons of these things in because they are huge chain stores.  I think you want to get it as quick as you can in case these things do become hard to get, but I had no doubts I would be able to get my hands on a copy without preordering.

I just checked with all local Best Buys and Circuit Cities and every one of them is sold out, so this makes me feel at least a little better (I didn't actually go to the stores, but made a few phone calls out of curiosity).  I haven't checked Target or Wal Mart, but after my initial rant I'm starting to appreciate the convenience of having preordered.  I don't buy into the GameStop or EBGames hype, but with the popularity surrounding Rock Band and the press releases that said it would be in short supply, I preordered and sprung for overnight shipping so that I was hopefully guaranteed a copy.  And as of right now I've yet to find a copy anywhere, so perhaps my rant was premature.  Just because others are finding a copy of the game in their neck of the woods doesn't at all mean that I will have the same luck here.

I'm just pissed because I REALLY wanted to play tonight with my wife before we leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow morning, otherwise I won't get to play until we get back next Monday night.  Patience is not a virtue that I possess, and knowing that my game is in transit but I won't even get to caress the box until Monday is really tough to accept. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:56:29 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2007, 04:29:04 PM »

It's early in the day yet, Pete.  You might still get lucky.  Try to be zen, like Keith Richards.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2007, 05:06:51 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 20, 2007, 03:52:25 PM

Patience is not a virtue that I possess, and knowing that my game is in transit but I won't even get to caress the box until Monday is really tough to accept. 

it could be worse:  your guitar could be getting balled by the mailroom guy like Brendans is right now  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »

LOL...I just got back from Best Buy in Novi, MI.

They had over 50 boxes out on the floor.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2007, 05:30:36 PM »

So uh... funny story.  I went to Target this morning to buy... uh... prophylactics and they had more than a few in stock.

I now have the 360 version.  I am so weak.

gellar
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 20, 2007, 05:30:36 PM

So uh... funny story.  I went to Target this morning to buy... uh... prophylactics and they had more than a few in stock.

gellar

they make 360 versions of prophylactics?  what happens if you get the RRoD?

Because I can,
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure you wear the prophylactic to avoid the red ring of death.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 20, 2007, 05:40:44 PM

yeah, but the RRoD is cause by heat buildup, so if there is a 360 prophylactic does it come with a heat sink?

Because I can,
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2007, 05:43:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 20, 2007, 05:42:07 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on November 20, 2007, 05:40:44 PM

yeah, but the RRoD is cause by heat buildup, so if there is a 360 prophylactic does it come with a heat sink?

I think we might be talking about 2 different red rings.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 20, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 20, 2007, 05:43:46 PM

I think we might be talking about 2 different red rings.

puke
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 20, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »

Online preordering FTL. 

did you order from amazon? i had to fire off 2 emails before finally getting my shipping refunded. if you went there, do that at least. don't stop until you get the money difference.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2007, 07:04:41 PM »

I suppose I could have worded that that a bit better.

gellar
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: November 20, 2007, 07:26:19 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 20, 2007, 05:30:36 PM

gellar

swap target for bb and forget the love gloves, and this is how my morning went.

plus the game i went in for: mass effect.

now it's just a short 13 month wait until i get another present from my wife.

tonight i decide which to play.  hard choices.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: