http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River City Ransom Co-op?  (Read 1903 times)
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2004, 08:59:43 PM »

I've got the GBA to Gamecube converter box on my cube and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can play River City Ransom EX two player on the gamecube.  Normally I think you need a system link from GBA to GBA but I want to know if it will work on the cube.  Anyone have any idea?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
I've got the GBA to Gamecube converter box on my cube and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can play River City Ransom EX two player on the gamecube.  Normally I think you need a system link from GBA to GBA but I want to know if it will work on the cube.  Anyone have any idea?

Since no other game works this way I highly doubt River City Ransom will.  Basically you have to have a GBA to connect to the GBA Player along with probably another copy of River City Ransom to play co-op.  This is just a guess on my part though.

If you don't need a separate RCR game you may be able to just hook a GBA up to the connector for it on the GBA Player and play co-op.  The person with the GBA would theoretically see his/her player on the TV screen, they'd just be using the GBA for controlling the player.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:19:22 PM »

Actually, you're screwed...just read a review that said there is no co-op in the game and actually the second player (and gang people you recruit) is run by the AI.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 03:04:44 PM »

BARF!!!

Man, what a letdown.  That's more than half the fun of the game!

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:39:48 PM »

Yep, he's right.  You can link up to a friend's GBA but all you can do is trade character stats back and forth.
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 03:41:58 PM »

NO NO!  Its okay its okay!  I know there is 2 player coop and I KNOW that it works with a GBA link.  (The AI can play up to 3 other guys too though.) I was just wondering about the cube thingy.  I think after doing a bunch of research on the subject though you have to have two copies of the game and another GBA.  crappy.

I wonder though if you can hook up TWO GBA to Cube thingys and TWO tvs...  anyone?

EDIT:  HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP!  You're right!  Well I'm not buyin' that stinkin' game.  No multiplayer?  That was the best way to play.  What a sham.  Hell I'm going to start writing River City Ransom for the consoles.

I'm going to SUE EB Games for advertising 2-player play. Tongue

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 04:57:01 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
EDIT:  HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP!  You're right!  Well I'm not buyin' that stinkin' game.  No multiplayer?  That was the best way to play.  What a sham.  Hell I'm going to start writing River City Ransom for the consoles.

I'm highly, highly pissed that there's no 2-player connectivity for this game. That was the best feature about the NES game, and it's absolutely digusting that there's no capability in this remake.

In addition, the teammate AI is pretty much pathethic. Make sure you turn off all teammate damage if you intend to play that way.

It's too bad that this game is so damn much fun to play...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: