http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RING OF UNHOLY DEATH!  (Read 6485 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on August 04, 2007, 02:48:30 AM

I have the extended warranty with them and they are sending me a shipping box, BUT they said the turn around time is 3-5 business WEEKS!!!! WTF? That is crazy...

That's down from when I sent in mine a couple weeks ago.  At that point it was 4-6 weeks.  My unit has been shipped back and confirmed received, but I have no idea where in the repair/replace process it is.  I'll be pretty surprised if I get it back before the end of the month.  Good thing there's nothing being released that I'm absolutely dying to get.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on August 04, 2007, 09:08:34 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on August 03, 2007, 07:33:16 PM

I can't imagine this isn't a refurb, and I also can't imagine why they wouldn't test the consoles before sending them out.

I thought I remember reading a while back that if MS couldn't fix your 360, they were supposed to send you a new unit, not a refurb. Does anyone else remember something like that or am I just making stuff up?

I think you must have mixed some stuff up... they pretty much always send a refurb (so it seems).  I know I got one.

gellar
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

Quote from: gellar on August 05, 2007, 12:17:14 AM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on August 04, 2007, 09:08:34 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on August 03, 2007, 07:33:16 PM

I can't imagine this isn't a refurb, and I also can't imagine why they wouldn't test the consoles before sending them out.

I thought I remember reading a while back that if MS couldn't fix your 360, they were supposed to send you a new unit, not a refurb. Does anyone else remember something like that or am I just making stuff up?

I think you must have mixed some stuff up... they pretty much always send a refurb (so it seems).  I know I got one.

gellar

Wasn't there an interview with some Microsoft guy (Moore?) who was surprised that refurbs were being sent out and said that any replacement unit should be new? I know I read something like that somewhere but I just can't remember when ore where (though it was a only a couple of months back).
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2007, 01:37:52 AM »

They sent me 2 refurbs, the 3rd unit was new.  <knocks on wood> it is still going strong.  I imagine I'll trade it in on a falcon version in a month or two.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2007, 02:52:27 PM »

Still don't have my damn 360 back.
I was on the phone for an hour and a half last night, too, trying to get them to reimburse me for lost time on my live subscription.
I finally got a guy to agree to give me some more time, but I'll have to call them to let them know the exact amount of time I need. I have a ref #, which is nice, but I don't really think it'll be as easy as they make it seem.

Man, do I hate Microsoft.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 03:15:22 PM »

My refurb unit started giving me "Unplayable disc" errors last night.  This is only the 4th time I've turned it on since I got it back, and it's been played for about 2 hours tops.

Unreal.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2007, 03:21:40 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 05, 2007, 03:15:22 PM

My refurb unit started giving me "Unplayable disc" errors last night.  This is only the 4th time I've turned it on since I got it back, and it's been played for about 2 hours tops.

Unreal.

Yeah my refurb feels like it's ready to go at any moment.  It's considerably louder than my old unit and freezes about 20% of the time.

Good job, MS.

gellar
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2007, 05:38:20 AM »

No HDMI! So sad. But it was made on July 25, 2007. That's good, I guess....
The bad part is that they forgot a live card (can you believe it?) and that's only 2 of the many months since June 24th that my 360 has been dead and gone.
But, MS scheduled a call with me, strangely enough, for Thursday between 7-9pm, to talk about getting me straightened up. Weird, but I'll take it.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »

I checked my status on the service.xbox.com page over the weekend and it has now changed from "Out of Warranty" and "Repair Status: Received" to "In Warranty" and "No repair pending".  I'm hoping this means that they have sent out my "new" box and I can expect it this week, but you'd think that it would have the new tracking number on there or they would have emailed me.  I'll probably get that information a week after it shows up at my place.  Once again, less than stellar service page.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2007, 07:32:38 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 11, 2007, 06:50:52 AM

I checked my status on the service.xbox.com page over the weekend and it has now changed from "Out of Warranty" and "Repair Status: Received" to "In Warranty" and "No repair pending".  I'm hoping this means that they have sent out my "new" box and I can expect it this week, but you'd think that it would have the new tracking number on there or they would have emailed me.  I'll probably get that information a week after it shows up at my place.  Once again, less than stellar service page.

No Repair Pending means you are either getting a New or a Refurb unit.  They aren't going to bother trying to fix yours.  I didn't get a tracking number at all for my return.

gellar
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »

Thanks for the info, Gellar.  I would love it if they gave me a new HDMI unit (I just got an HDTV with HDMI inputs) but with my luck it will be a cruddy old-school refurb.  smile

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »

I don't have HDMI, but I wanted that fancy extra slot. Oh well.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 11, 2007, 05:38:20 AM

The bad part is that they forgot a live card (can you believe it?) and that's only 2 of the many months since June 24th that my 360 has been dead and gone.
But, MS scheduled a call with me, strangely enough, for Thursday between 7-9pm, to talk about getting me straightened up. Weird, but I'll take it.

Wait, they didn't send your original back? Hmm, that is bizarre. I had heard they were not sending refurbs back anymore and were sending your actual unit back.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 11, 2007, 03:56:24 PM

Wait, they didn't send your original back? Hmm, that is bizarre. I had heard they were not sending refurbs back anymore and were sending your actual unit back.
They sent me a new, broken unit first, then this new, unbroken unit.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 11, 2007, 05:36:55 PM

They sent me a new, broken unit first, then this new, unbroken unit.

Unbroken... FOR NOW.

gellar
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2007, 07:39:23 AM »

I think this t-shirt is pretty sweet.  I might have to order one when they actually get some in.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 13, 2007, 07:39:23 AM

I think this t-shirt is pretty sweet.  I might have to order one when they actually get some in.

that frickin' rocks!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2007, 03:23:58 PM »

When possible.  If it can't be fixed, it's replaced.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »

I do like that t-shirt... might have to get one.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 07:40:45 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 13, 2007, 03:23:58 PM

When possible.  If it can't be fixed, it's replaced.

And if they really don't like you, they'll replace it with a far older model then the one you sent in.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 13, 2007, 07:39:23 AM

Bwa ha ha!  Where can I order one of those?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2007, 04:40:01 PM »

Woohoo!  I just got my package back from the repair center and it looks like a brand new 360 for me.  Manufacture date of 8-1-07 and little plastic strip still over the DVD drive.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the HDMI, but even hooked up with component to my new HDTV it looks freaking sweet!  I had to throw in DiRT first thing this morning and it's just spectacular.  The TV was totally worth it.  biggrin  Now to download all of the demos that I've missed over the past month. 

Oh, it also came with a 1-month Live card in the box to replace the time I missed. 

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2007, 05:13:36 PM »

Ok, this just keeps getting worse.

They scheduled a call with me to compensate me for my Live time. I waited around, as they asked, from 7-9pm and then called at 9PM. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with a  guy who couldn't understand anything I said. "I'm only calling to speak to a supervisor," I finally reminded him after he returned from a 15 minute hold saying he tracked down my 360, which I'd already received. He said "ok, I'm transferring you now," and promptly hung up.

I finally got through to a supervisor, yelled for about 20 minutes, and now I have yet another call scheduled with them for Saturday morning. I am so fed up with these people. HOW CAN I GET SOME FRIGGIN' SERVICE?

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2007, 05:14:29 PM »

Also, I got this email, which made me flip out once more.

Hi Eduardo X BC:

Your Xbox LIVE® Gold membership will expire on 00/00/0000. No respawn. Once it’s gone, you’ll keep your friends list, gamer profile and gamerscore as a Silver member.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 14, 2007, 05:14:29 PM

Also, I got this email, which made me flip out once more.

Hi Eduardo X BC:

Your Xbox LIVE® Gold membership will expire on 00/00/0000. No respawn. Once it’s gone, you’ll keep your friends list, gamer profile and gamerscore as a Silver member.

Good lord. The Microsoft Gods seem to be giving you hell this month.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »

Didn't get the call, it seems it was actually scheduled for 5pm, which was not what I had said. Which is noted on my record.
I spoke to a supervisor who told me it was a courtesy that they'd refund any of my time, and if I didn't like it to go file a complaint.

I guess I'll write a letter to corporate, but it's amazing that Mircosoft is so piss poor with customer service, and that WE STILL SUPPORT THEM.

P.S. I'm emailing Steve Ballmer. [email protected]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:16:13 PM by Eduardo X » Logged

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2007, 11:58:13 PM »

In my marathon of posting in this thread, MS missed a third scheduled call. I'm on hold ATM to see when they plan to miss another call with me.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2007, 12:11:21 AM »

Where's Brendan?  Maybe he can wander across the hall and smack some people around for you or something.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2007, 12:33:32 AM »

Man, I wish.  I'm in Redmond, and the guys who're Not Doing Their Jobs Adequately are in Texas.  I'll investigate how to escalate junk internally, but we have to go through the same support process as everyone else (which is good, because we don't deserve special treatment for warranty service).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2007, 03:49:42 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 16, 2007, 12:33:32 AM

but we have to go through the same support process as everyone else (which is good, because we don't deserve special treatment for warranty service).

you get your 360's returned to you by 5 naked virgin females and carrying it on a silver platter, don't you?

Because I can,
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2007, 04:01:08 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 15, 2007, 05:12:49 PM

Didn't get the call, it seems it was actually scheduled for 5pm, which was not what I had said. Which is noted on my record.
I spoke to a supervisor who told me it was a courtesy that they'd refund any of my time, and if I didn't like it to go file a complaint.

I guess I'll write a letter to corporate, but it's amazing that Mircosoft is so piss poor with customer service, and that WE STILL SUPPORT THEM.

P.S. I'm emailing Steve Ballmer. [email protected]

Here's the thing, don't support them anymore. There's ways to enjoy your system without having to actually them any more money, namely renting games and buying used games. I'm doing it, as I am fed up with the second rate support and customer service. It not make a dent, but at least you can feel good about yourself.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2007, 04:40:46 AM »

Tebunker, I'm doing exactly that.
I actually just got a Zune for my birthday, and I'm a little upset that they got some more money out of me. Well, out of my Jenny.
As much as it may pain me, I sure as hell won't be buying any more live service. Shawn, a supervisor, informed me that the 1 month refund card is provided "as a courtesy, not out of obligation." That still has me mumbling to myself in anger. Especially as another supervisor had assured me that every day I'd been without a 360 would be compensated.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2007, 04:29:40 AM »

Good news, for once.
Brian called, said they're sending me a 1 month live-card as well as Viva Pinata, and to call the live support center to get my other time back. I guess I'll do that tomorrow. I just imagine jumping through yet more hoops to get my 2 months worth, but... shit, it's the principle dammit.

Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »

Wanna trade a Logitech Force 3d joystick for Viva Pinata?

omgz
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2007, 05:02:25 PM »

Quote from: Rubyeye on September 19, 2007, 04:54:29 PM

Wanna trade a Logitech Force 3d joystick for Viva Pinata?
Jerk.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 16, 2007, 03:49:42 AM

Quote from: Brendan on September 16, 2007, 12:33:32 AM

but we have to go through the same support process as everyone else (which is good, because we don't deserve special treatment for warranty service).

you get your 360's returned to you by 5 naked virgin females and carrying it on a silver platter, don't you?

At CeeKays behest, those virgins are guys Roll Eyes

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2007, 11:38:51 PM »

One of Steve Balmer's assistants called me today....
I'll return his call tomorrow.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2007, 10:57:55 PM »

Okay guys, I didn't want to make a new thread just to ask about my new 360 problem.  Today I had a friend over and he wanted to try some 360 demos namely Stranglehold and and Blacksite.  About half-way into each demo they would freeze up with a pixelated block pattern noise on the screen.  Haven't tried this with a disc based game yet, but I fear it'll do that too.

Keep in mind I haven't touched this machine for months, and it's sitting on an open table, nothing obstructing any vents, the power brick has its own well ventilated space underneath the table.

While I did use at, at best I did some marathon sessions of The Darkness, but that was the last game I played like that.

So, if this continues, should I send my machine in now or later?  Anyone else have this problem?  Any possible short term fixes so I don't miss the halo 3 launch?

I was expecting problems to turn up, but days before the Halo 3 release?  If it turns out my system is really broken, I'm going to be very pissed.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2007, 11:04:56 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 23, 2007, 10:57:55 PM

About half-way into each demo they would freeze up with a pixelated block pattern noise on the screen. 

was it a soul rending static like whine?  if so I'm afraid you may be seeing the rings soon-  I'm surprised you didn't get them after you restarted the thing.

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2007, 07:21:41 AM »

Turtle, your system is dead.  The gpu is overheating.  Had two of my consoles go that way, never gave the red rings.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: