http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 12:06:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridge Racer 6 demo on Marketplace  (Read 1064 times)
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

They must have just put it up.  Downloading it now.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:52:47 PM »

thanks for the heads up!  I'll probably download that in a bit.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:55:30 PM »

Traded the game in for burnout today - I'm way ahead in the bargain. It's the same powerslide simulator it has been since the original.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 12:10:10 AM »

Isn't this like the worst selling game on the 360?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

best selling in Japan, worst in US

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 07:21:11 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

Yeah, and I found out why.  This game is awful.  Namco should be ashamed of themselves.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »

I really don't think it's awful at all.  I enjoy RR6 quite a bit.  If not for the wealth of racing games on the 360 already, it would get a lot more play from me.  There's something appealing in clearing that grid (and, apparently, when you do, a whole new grid opens up).  I will say I enjoy the PSP version more, something just clicks with that one, but RR6 is certainly not awful.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
There's something appealing in clearing that grid (and, apparently, when you do, a whole new grid opens up).

Actually several new sections open up as you clear the initial grid. I 100% completed the initial grid and my game progress was ~40% I think. There is lot of racing to do, but it just isn't very engaging to me.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I really don't think it's awful at all.  I enjoy RR6 quite a bit.  If not for the wealth of racing games on the 360 already, it would get a lot more play from me.  There's something appealing in clearing that grid (and, apparently, when you do, a whole new grid opens up).  I will say I enjoy the PSP version more, something just clicks with that one, but RR6 is certainly not awful.

I have the PSP version and like it a lot, however the 360 version gives you no sense of speed at all, especially after playing games like Need For Speed Most Wanted and Burnout Revenge.  I just don't get that "hang onto your seat" feel with Ridge Racer.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 04:38:03 AM »

I just went and replayed a few races, and I hit a wall almost immediately.  Not a literal wall, I mean like a glass ceiling.  So maybe I should have said something about the floor.  Anyway, point is, I have a bunch of races open to me, but I can't finish first in any of them.  It's a little frustrating that second won't give you something, and then give you the option to come back and rerace with a better car.  I have one of those nitrous assist plants on my grid and it drives me crazy when I see it, but maybe that's the option, until I open more on the grid.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 05:34:33 AM »

i ran two races in the demo this evening, then happily deleted it from my 360.  after experiencing Burnout:Revenge, i don't know how anyone could want to go back to a game like RR6...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »

I made the mistake of playing RR6 demo right after a few hours on live playing burnout revenge and I couldn’t even finish one race in RR6 it looked horrible and was incredibly boring. Now having just played burnout it was probably not fair to try RR6 since it would not live up to Burnout, but I cant see myself playing RR6 even if they dropped the price down on the game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 06:36:44 AM »

hmm,we (UK) just have the trailers on marketplace...we have to wait a while to catch up to you guys.......the mission impossible 3 trailer was available a few weeks after you guys got it as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »

Quote from: "bluntman72"
I made the mistake of playing RR6 demo right after a few hours on live playing burnout revenge and I couldn’t even finish one race in RR6 it looked horrible and was incredibly boring. Now having just played burnout it was probably not fair to try RR6 since it would not live up to Burnout, but I cant see myself playing RR6 even if they dropped the price down on the game.

For the people that never played any of the other racing games on the 360, RR6 would probably be an OK game, but once you play something like Burnout or Need For Speed Most Wanted, you realize what a real racing game should feel like.  There simply is no reason to buy RR6 unless you're just one of those folks that has to buy every driving game that comes out for a system.  I'm one of those guys and even I won't be buying RR6.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

Burnout is one of my favorite racing series, but to say it trumps all other racing games is silly. I'm having a blast playing TOCA 3 and it's as far from BR as you get. Burnout isn't even really "racing," more like "barely-controlled auto mayhem." RR6 is a great arcade racer, unfortunately the demo is a real yawner. Slower cars on an uninspiring track.

Edit: but if you're just talking about racing games on the 360, yeah, I'd give the fun nod to Burnout.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

Wow... what a stinker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: