http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rewards challenge question  (Read 726 times)
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »

Question regarding the xbox 360 rewards challenge.... ok, I thought I had signed up previously (a week or two ago), and then I got about 1000 points... now it looks like I had to sign up again and I just did.  Am I just screwed in regards to those first 1000 points?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »

The same thing happened to me and I'm pretty sure that the points already earned before you officially sign up can not be applied to the challenge.  Kind of annoying.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »

Ditto.  I nabbed roughly 700 points since I signed up and none of them are showing on that challenge.  :/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »

Well, at least they gave us Joust and Robotron free.  Not that exciting, but I'll take-um smile.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 10, 2007, 09:13:57 PM

Ditto.  I nabbed roughly 700 points since I signed up and none of them are showing on that challenge.  :/

i'm pretty sure the number of points you've acquired since signing up isn't supposed to show anywhere.  that's one of the lame things about the contest...have to track on your own how many you've earned since that date and then notify them when you think you're finished.  if you've gotten enough points, they'll check it out and give you the appropriate prize.  it would be really helpful if they at east kept track of your starting gamerscore at the time you signed up.  it's also not clear if all points gained between the official contests dates are counted, or only those obtained after the date you actually signed up.  looking at my achievements, it looks like i've only gained about 150 points since i signed up on 2/20...the earliest day i could actually access the site.  that total jumps to 465 if you count what i've gotten since 2/12, so who knows where i really am in regard to the contest.

on the upside, i did get an e-mail a couple days ago stating that they've lengthened the contest to run until 4/22...an extra ten days to meet your goal.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:28:29 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 06:33:44 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 11, 2007, 01:55:54 PM

Well, at least they gave us Joust and Robotron free.  Not that exciting, but I'll take-um smile.

I had heard that this was not universal.   I have yet to see an email on how to get my free games.   If there is some notification, how did you get it?

- shaggy

shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »

And just in case it isn't obvious, signing up for the site isn't sufficient for the challenge.  You also have to sign up for the challenge itself.   

- shaggy

Moatman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »

Yeah, I signed up for the challenge after earning about 400 or so points, it does say that "all points earned from" and the start date and end date, but you also have to manually "finish" the challenge, so I guess it only includes points to then.

Don't forget to, when you feel/think you have enough points before the end of the challenge, go to the site and do their "I'm finished" link there, otherwise you won't complete the challenge and it will expire on the finish date with you getthing nothing(good day, sir!)  A crappy way to do a contest if you asked me, with no running tally and having to guess when to manually finish or losing all progress, but it's also free stuff so I can't really complain too much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: