http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:56:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith - Anyone else getting it?  (Read 7190 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2005, 09:43:10 PM »

I'm mostly through the single player and I'd say I pretty much agree with the team xbox review for the most part.  I'd rate it a solid 80, with an 85-87 score for those that are rabid star wars fans like myself.  It actually reminds me of the spiderman 2 game in some ways- wonderful execution in some parts (combat system is fun as hell) but some gameplay issues like too much repetition in enemies.

I wish it was live enabled so that we could go head-to head against each other with the splendid lightsaber combat system!!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2005, 02:20:30 AM »

Hmnnn... just finished the single player (not yet the bonus ending, tho) and I'm starting to think that I should've rented, not bought.  My estimate of the game is now closer to a 75 or 80.  multiplayer is still pretty fun, tho

Mike Dunn
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2005, 10:03:59 PM »

Wow, 4.5 is absurd.  The game is good, far from perfect but a lot of fun.  At least in the 7's if not low 8's.  Usually when IGN wants to pan a game it's in the 6's but a 4 ?!?!

I'm surprised by the multi-player dual mode.  It's a lot of fun.  I played it with a friend for a couple of hours last night.  Once you get some of the combat down and learn to use some of the force powers the fights become pretty intense and cool looking.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 01:18:38 AM »

If anyone finishes up and wants to sell/trade it before I weaken and grab it - Let me know!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 01:38:58 AM »

Broke down and got it.  What pushed me over the edge is the fact that I'll be in the middle of nowhere visiting my mother-in-law when Ep3 comes out, so since I have no hope of seeing Ep3 until the week after anyways...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 02:46:50 AM »

Say, can you play the 1 on 1 dueling portion at anytime or do you have to unlock it by playing through the regular game?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 03:56:25 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Say, can you play the 1 on 1 dueling portion at anytime or do you have to unlock it by playing through the regular game?

I'm pretty sure it's an unlockable.  You start to unlock stuff really quickly though.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 01:36:26 PM »

Great, so the game crashed for me on the very first level.  When I got to the part where you force jump out of the first pit, as soon as I landed my character turned invisible (although I could still hear him, and move around/attack).  Half of the polygons on the screen turned black, and the only way I could fix it was to power cycle the game.  A few levels later, I had a similar problem except one of the enemies turned invisible.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but I wonder if it wasn't rushed through QA in order to meet the May deadline...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 01:48:13 PM »

May 19 @3:15pm - Leave work to go to son's Little League game
May 19 @5:45 - Watch sons Little League game (tried to get them to cancel it)
May 19 @ 10:05pm - see the movie with my brother biggrin
May 20 @ 9:00am - buy the Episode III game
May 20 (after work) - play Episode III game with son
May 21 (after son's Little League game) - play Episode III game with son
May 21 (all day) - continue with Episode III game & finish Lego Star Wars as well
May 22 @12:05pm - go see Episode III movie again with son & daughter
May 22 (evening hours) - play some more KoTOR 2

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 02:31:48 PM »

May I recommend renting the game over buying it?

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

Dimmona, those crashes are sign that you should stop before you are too far spoiled smile
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 03:45:56 PM »

Just finished writing first draft of review...I implore anyone that can to rent this game and not buy it.  It is not as bad as IGN says and is more like what Team Xbox says.

The biggest problem with this game is it is too short (there are other problems as well).  I think I beat it in 5-7 hours (I know I played for 4 hours on Saturday when I beat it, and I maybe put 1 or 2 hours into it on Friday).

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »

Yup.  I concur with AgtFox.  This game would score way higher if they would have included live support, btw.  lightsaber duels online would have been SWEET.

Mike Dunn
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 09:59:24 PM »

Maybe its just me, but at 4 hours in, i'm officially calling this my most frustrating game ever.  I've never ended up cursing at the TV like this.  I find it infuriatingly hard/bad in combat.  I mean infuriatingly BAD combat combined with infuriatingly challenging.  Half the time i dont aim/target where/what i want and the other half i'm getting chain grappled by stupid droids.  And don't even get me started on those droids with power lances...I can't even tell when a hit connects with one....eventually they just fall over after hitting x for 10 minutes....don't evene try a combo on em...they just nail me to the floor if i do.

Maybe its me but i find this game infuriating.  Glad i rented it.  Has me wanting to go back to Jedi outcast and jedi academy where I can actually control my character.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 10:23:50 PM »

In their hands-on impressions, GameSpot was complaining that the game is much too easy:

The combat feels fluid enough, but the game seems remarkably easy. Droids die super quickly, and the tougher droids you encounter later rarely require more than a bit of Force power to defeat. In the few instances where we engaged in some serious combat against an opponent who could actually inflict some damage, we found it altogether too easy to just hold down the block button, wait for him to finish attacking, and then slash him to death (in a lather-rinse-repeat fashion).

-Autistic Angel
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 10:29:49 PM »

Thats the problem when you have frickin diehards review games for the masses...

I'm screaming my head off at the TV still....the game makes me furious.  It's not that individual opponents are so bad, its the unending masses they send at you...unless i'm totally botching how to play the game, this isn't an "easy" game.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »

Whats the most infuriating is fighting through jillions of droids wearing you down only to get to a mini boss that beats the snot out of you and you have to go all the way back and fight through the jillion droids again cause of no save point.

edit: went and read IGN's review, i agree with it completely.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 10:47:20 PM »

I think effective blocking might be the part you're missing fuzzball.  On similar games like LOTR, you could just mash buttons like crazy and for the most part not have too many problems.  With Ep3, it seems you have to do a lot more block-counterstrike into combos.  Also, the force stun power works great for those pesky bodyguards/melee droids that block a lot.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 10:52:56 PM »

no i'm blocking/stunning like crazy.  Using counterattack from block and using stun to setup combos and everything....  There's periods of several minutes where everything goes great then i get into a stupid unbreakable chain grapple or something and lose almost all my health...

This game is insane...and you can't even tell where your enemies are cause of hte camera.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 11:51:57 PM »

I played it for a little over an hour last night, and I'm on the second level in the series after the corasant battles (level 7-8 maybe?).  The only real place I had got stuck was the saber battle with Dooku; I'd get him down to just a sliver of life, then he would go on some rampage and I'd have to replay the entire boss fight over again.

How many levels are there to this game?  I'm starting to think that people's complaints about the length may be right on the money - guess I'm glad I rented it first.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2005, 12:08:08 AM »

I forget how many levels...maybe 13-15 or something.  It is extremely short...and extremely easy.  Maybe you jacked the difficulty up or something that it is so hard.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2005, 05:57:56 AM »

16 levels total I believe.  Are you still playing on normal?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 01:28:58 PM »

My review is now  up.  Enjoy it and please rent the game if you want to play it...don't blow $50 when it could go to something better.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 02:33:36 PM »

A little over 2 hours in on Normal, and I'm up to level 14.  Yeah, I'm glad I only rented it...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 02:51:33 PM »

I guess I'm waiting for one of youguys to finish up and trade it to me!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2005, 03:26:16 PM »

Well for all the frustration it caused me, i still got to level 13 last night in only about 7 hours played.

after reading Argfox's review though, the only place i'd disagree with it was i thought enter the matrix was an infinitely better game.  I actually enjoyed that on the PC alot.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2005, 03:58:10 PM »

I never played it on PC...on the consoles I played Enter the Matrix on there were a ton more problems than present in the Star Wars games.  When you get stuck in walls things aren't so good for instance slywink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: