http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:58:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 for PC to not suck?  (Read 777 times)
hitbyambulance
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:46:06 AM »

RE5 is being developed in Capcom's "Framework", which is a cross-platform engine (for XBOX 360, PS3 and PC). Devil May Cry 4 used this, and the result was a much* better-ported game - the reviews i've read have said that the PC version was exactly like the console, and very nicely optimized.

quote from here: "I have read, not sure if it's been discussed here, but this engine stuff from Capcom is a major change for Japanese developers. Previously they had built games from scratch each time, shunning the Western practice of engines such as UE3.0. So I just think that aspect is very interesting."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:53:04 AM by hitbyambulance » Logged
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »

I don't understand what point you're trying to get across. That RE5 will be a faithful console port?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »

I think his point is that Japanese developers may be attempting to grow up a little when it comes to game development. By using a multiplatform game engine from the start, one that wasn't necessarily built for that specific game, we might be seeing an increase in quality from ports.

Of course, Japan still needs to mature their storytelling though. They're still at the "Oooh, The Matrix had such nice effects!" stage, where style wins over substance every time. Having said that, I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 5. smile
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 06, 2008, 07:41:22 AM

I don't understand what point you're trying to get across. That RE5 will be a faithful console port?

that would precisely be it. indications seem to be that it will be.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 06, 2008, 10:17:55 AM

Of course, Japan still needs to mature their storytelling though. They're still at the "Oooh, The Matrix had such nice effects!" stage, where style wins over substance every time. Having said that, I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 5. smile

but that could lead to a deep Final Fantasy story, and I think that's one of the signs of the End of Days.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on August 06, 2008, 10:33:49 AM

From what I remembered reading, RE4's PC 'port' was an utter joke. The game didn't even have mouse support. ON A PC.

In short - it won't be hard for them to make it a better port than the last game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 06, 2008, 03:00:56 PM

Quote from: hitbyambulance on August 06, 2008, 10:33:49 AM

From what I remembered reading, RE4's PC 'port' was an utter joke. The game didn't even have mouse support. ON A PC.

In short - it won't be hard for them to make it a better port than the last game.

Yeah, but from a technical/engine aspect the RE4 port was fine.  So the fact that Capcom's new engine is PC first doesn't really indicate whether RE5 will suffer from the same control deficiencies. 

One of Capcom USA's VPs was recently quite outspoken about being disappointed in the sales of DMC4 on the PC (and he blamed piracy to boot) so I'm not sure whether RE5 will get treated any better in the porting process than RE4. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: