http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 02:26:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Impressions  (Read 16603 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2005, 05:26:03 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I don't know about a tommy gun, but I have the machine gun and it is maxed out.  And yes, with a 250 round clip I can chew up everything.  All I have is the rocket launcher, the stryker, and the machine gun.  Loads of fun.  

Machine gun, machine gun... I know there's a three-shot pistol, and that low-damage TMP gun, so maybe that's what you mean.

But as far as the Tommy Gun goes - beat Ada's Sidestory. You'll unlock another gun (for a cool million, like the rocket launcher), that has absolutely unlimited ammo (no rounds, no clip, no nothing). What is the name... *looks*

The Chicago Typewriter.

Buy that, and you'll be happy. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2005, 06:06:06 PM »

Cool.  I have not beaten Ada's yet.  Off I go.  Sweet.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2005, 04:41:30 AM »

I just was going to get into Ada`s story too. I heard it is a few hours long!!! Is this true?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2005, 01:00:25 PM »

I played it an hour or so and got killed and quit for the night, so, I would say if you are methodical and careful it could take a couple.   The biggest problem is those chaingun carrying rednecks.  They are tough @$$#@!'s with the weapons she starts out with.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
I just was going to get into Ada`s story too. I heard it is a few hours long!!! Is this true?

Few hours long, as in 2-3 hours long (depending on how often you die and restart). The beginning is very difficult (basically you verses an absolute mob of opponents), but once you get inside, it gets far easier.

One helpful hint - get good with those headshots. And find spots that a good grenade can take out multiple opponents. And find good defensive positions (on top of ladders, for example).

It's a fun sidestory, but it's far more fun when you realize that you unlock the ultimate gun (short of the Handcannon, but that's VERY hard to acquire, IMHO), for beating it. Assuming you have the money, anyway.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2005, 07:35:30 PM »

Well, I beat Ada's story, unlocked the typewriter, and then started playing throught the game again the third time so I could get enough cash to buy it.  About 1/2 way through I got it.  Now, I have just that and the unlimited rocket launcher.  How sweet is that?  I'm virtually indestructable.  

Now, to try and get that friggin handcannon.  If only I could use my typewriter in Mercenaries.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2005, 05:35:39 AM »

Finally finished the game however I can't seem to afford the infinite launcher. Even If I sell everything I own I'm still short  about 90,000 pestas.

Suck :evil:

How does this work again?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »

Just start another round and before you get to far you will be able to get it.  I got about a third of the way through my second round before I could buy it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2005, 05:06:54 AM »

Alright started playing the Mercenaries mini-game. Holy crap is it hard! I can't seem to do very well in the first area with Leon at all. The time limit coupled with having to kill as many as possible just doesn't very possible. My best has been around 14-16.

How does this work again?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2005, 05:25:41 PM »

it's hard but doable.  I have gotten 30k in each but am unable to get 40k in each to unlock the handcannon.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2005, 07:53:07 PM »

Are there save points in ada mission? Everytime I think of starting it, I start thinking "do I have enough time to play this now?" It`s menu is like the mercenaries one. It say start game and exit, that`s all. So can you save your progress in ada`s assignment?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2005, 12:05:10 AM »

No saving that I saw.  Took me about an hour or so the third or fourth time through.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2005, 08:34:21 PM »

Wow. No shit, no saving. I`m up for the challenge, I just need to make sure I have a few hours to get through it. I don`t want to spend one hour and then have to quit for one reason or another and then have to start all over again. I did try it and I got owned by the mob of enemies. I`ve been playing quite a bit of mercenies mode too, that`s great stuff.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2005, 07:20:29 AM »

Just beat the game tonight, finally.  It was good fun, although by the end of 19+ hours, I was about done with it.  In a couple of months/years when a sequel comes out, I'll be down to jump in for some more RE fun.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2005, 04:05:34 AM »

Well, I am WAY late to the party, but I finally finished this one tonight. This is my first RE game that I have played for more than a few minutes. (Always hated the controls on the older ones. I do still have a borrowed copy of RE0, so I might give it another try sometime.) Anyway, given that, I didn't really know who all these characters were that Leon knew, nor did I know anything about Leon's past in the other games, so I didn't benefit from many plot points that were probably neat to more verteran RE players. Overall, I thought the game was not a great game, but a good game that was sprinkled liberally with several great, exciting sequences/boss battles. I thought the controls were fine here. I liked the more slower paced shooting. If I am going to play a 3rd or 1st person shooter, I greatly prefer to use a mouse and keyboard, so I was glad they made a more hybrid or original type of game here.

Overall, I found the game fun, if occasionally frustrating at times. Most sequences i had trouble getting by, I could usually conquer after a break away from the game. Graphically, it's certainly one of (if not) the best looking games on the cube - though I wouldn't have minded less grey/brown locations. The sound was great aside from some wooden voice acting. I did think the last boss battle was very easy, and (I hate to admit it) the final jetski thing frustrating (I died 4 times before getting it right). A very slick presentation overall, but the final cutscene was weak and very brief.

Overall, I had a fun time and will probably try to play it with that infinite rocket launcher sometime. smile

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2005, 01:45:34 AM »

you've definately got to replay it for mercenaries alone. good fun..

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2005, 02:33:36 AM »

mercenaries is crazy hard, i've unlocked all the characters, but i've only one five star rating.  And you need to get 20? in order to unlock the infinite something or other....
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2005, 11:58:35 AM »

I only played this for about ten minutes on the demo at GameStop and its fricken awsome.

They may move like zombies and sound like zombies, but these ain't your grandpappy's zombies. The maniac villagers remind me a lot of the army of homeless people from John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. (God, I love that movie.) Human but not quite. I love the moment when the church bell tolls and you're left all alone. I can't wait to find out what's controlling or possessing these sick freaks. I also can't wait to find out what other gruesome foes await my boomstick.

*SPOILER*

Don't read this if you want to find out for your self. The villagers are controlled by reddish worm things that pop out of their heads at night called and I quote "La Plaga" and many enemies await your boomstick and you theirs and you may get a good laugh out of a gruesome death or two or three or twenty.......Anyway just playing the demo made me like this awesome installment of the Resident Evil Series. C'mon you gotta love a turn away from shambling rotting zombies.

Xbox Live Gamertag: bandirooster

ONE GIANT STEP ON MANKIND
AND REMEMBER FURONS ARE PALE BLUE NOT 'LITTLE GREEN MEN', PATHETIC HUMANS
PS: Live not currently working and waiting on a 360 set for the 22nd
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2005, 11:59:21 AM »

by the way rrmorton was who i quoted

Xbox Live Gamertag: bandirooster

ONE GIANT STEP ON MANKIND
AND REMEMBER FURONS ARE PALE BLUE NOT 'LITTLE GREEN MEN', PATHETIC HUMANS