http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 04:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Impressions  (Read 16664 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2005, 10:35:35 PM »

Actually I am pretty sure that irregardless of what weapon you have you will be given enough ammo for THAT weapon as you play.  Yes, there will be other ammo too, but always sufficient ammo for the weapons you have.  I think if all you went through with was a pistol then they would make sure you had adequate pistol ammo.  Ofcourse, you could never beat the game with just that, but that's besides the point.  Try and beat those bosses with just a pistol?  Also, I found that depending on how much risk you took in a battle scenario determined the payout in coin after the kills.  On some I would snipe them from afar and get nothing, but the ones I let get a foot away and blast or even kick to the their deaths the reward was substantial.  Kind of rpgee in that respect.  Very cool.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2005, 10:48:24 PM »

I wonder if that's true about more loot if you get up there and scuffle.
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2005, 11:03:17 PM »

Actually I am pretty sure that irregardless of what weapon you have you will be given enough ammo for THAT weapon as you play. Yes, there will be other ammo too, but always sufficient ammo for the weapons you have. <<<<<

Well, there is no way you can know this for certain unless you played through at least twice and used a different weapon. But, the stuff you get in the game is the stuff you get. The only difference would be the drops from the baddies you killed. It would seem to me difficult to retrieve the ammo drops from those killed by the sniper rifle because they don't stay around too long. I have lost many drops just because I am too busy fighting to grab them. "Sufficient" is a subjective term but I doubt you will ever have what I would consider sufficient ammo. If they didn't intend the ammo to be scarce they would just let you buy it from the merchant. Also, the sniper rifle you are much less likely to miss and kill with less shots so you would need much less of it as replacement than you would the machine pistol or pistol.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2005, 11:07:24 PM »

Does anyone use the TMP?  It's weak as hell!
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2005, 11:34:01 PM »

Actually I am pretty sure that irregardless of what weapon you have you will be given enough ammo for THAT weapon as you play. Yes, there will be other ammo too, but always sufficient ammo for the weapons you have. <<<<<<

After thinking about this a bit more it can't be this way. If you got ammo based purely on which ones you were using the most, if you stopped using one in order to conserve ammo you would be doing the exact opposite of what you intended. I am not getting any TMP ammo because I don't have one. But, I am getting shotgun, pistol and rifle ammo whether I use them or not. Mostly, pistol then shotgun, then rifle. But, would need less for the rifle anyway. I don't think it matters which you use, but you won't get any ammo for a gun you don't have possess at all.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2005, 11:57:39 PM »

Maybe it's based off of what's in your inventory?  Although I was getting TMP ammo before I bought (then sold) a TMP.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »

This is a resident evil game, I'm just glad I have any ammo at all.

My friend, a big fan of RE, (I haven't played most of them) has said that I expended more ammo in just the intro village section than he's seen in an entire RE game.

And I'm also at the barricaded house segment.  It's difficult,

*spoiler*
What kind of effect does the flash grenade have on the alien heads?  I know they're just extremely useful for stunning groups of enemies, but do they do something more to alien heads?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2005, 12:22:15 AM »

Yes you definitely can get ammo for a weapon you do not have.  I can't tell you how much tmp ammo I picked up and never had the gun.  I always sold the ammo for cash.  Not alot of dough there, but hey every thousand counts, right?

Point is that the developers have put soooo much thought into the design of this game that finally I have a console game that seems to have been made for the fans more than just for the profit.  I truly think they wanted to make an epic game of the year contender-I think they succeded in spades.  I know it is extremely early, but the games coming down the pike that I know of won't topple this baby.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2005, 01:03:16 AM »

Quote from: "leo8877"
Maybe it's based off of what's in your inventory?  Although I was getting TMP ammo before I bought (then sold) a TMP.

Only TMP ammo I have gotten is the the stuff that is laying around, which is always the same. I have NEVER gotten any in a baddie drop. If it truly is weak, and I haven't tried it yet, might be better not to buy it at all then you might not get ammo drops for it. Also save the space it takes up and the money it costs.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2005, 01:07:29 AM »

I finally made it past the barricaded cabin. I used 4 grenades, 3 incandecenary, about 20 shotgun and 30-40 pistol rounds, or pretty much shot my wad. :lol: Got plenty of pistol left only about 13 shotgun, no grenades left. I am just happy to get past at this point. :lol:

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2005, 03:01:41 AM »

I never noticed that they use ladders to get up to the second story. Those Euros are going down.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2005, 05:48:47 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
I never noticed that they use ladders to get up to the second story. Those Euros are going down.

Spoilers for the cabin......

I didn't bother moving the bookcases to block the windows, takes longer to move them than it holds them for. I grabbed the herbs and shotgun shells off the table then ran upstairs and grabbed that stuff. I then stood at the top of the stairs firing down them. Grenades were good here because they would hit the wall at the bottom of the stairs and not go too far. Incandecenaries gave me a short breather to reload etc because they stay burning for a few seconds. Fire shotgun and pistol till empty then incand and reload them both real fast. Tough fight still but this should help alittle.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2005, 05:59:26 AM »

I like this game, but it does many of the things that are the prime reason I usually don't like games like this, or tv shows or movies for that matter. The game ambushes you constantly, it uses cutscenes to hold you so you can't react to the ambush until it is 5 feet from you then it lets you move. 700 pound guy who sounds like a elephant walking around can somehow get right behind you without you hearing him. Rather like the truck full of terrorists that it just teleported on top of the secret service agents in the first episode of 24. 30 guys holding torches you could see from a mile off at night time, mebbe more. But, you don't see crap until you are surrounded and forced to flee into the ambush from hell. Like I said I like the game, but I find this sort of stuff contrived and not fun at all. I killed the big guy and he changed into another form, well fine, but it also moved me from the safety of the catwalk up above to 5 feet in front of him back down on the ground again. That is just BS. Not sure why despite all this I still like this game.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2005, 08:09:14 AM »

I just can't get into it.  I've got about 2 hours into it.  I've sat down and have tried playing it numerous times.  It's a shame.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2005, 08:24:56 AM »

Me too man frown
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2005, 12:50:43 PM »

Put in a couple hours last night.  While the graphics and overall atmosphere are great, the clunky controls are driving me absolutely nuts.    Hopefully it will get better as I play a little more.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2005, 05:55:14 PM »

Well I finally beat the big guy and both his incarnations. It only took me about 40 tries of which I only beat the first one 4 times to get to the second one. I like the game itself but to me the boss battles are just tedious exercises I have to plod through to be able to keep playing the game. Reason I usually hate games like this, there is no way in hell you can actually win against these bosses the first try, or hell the tenth try. You have to die trying several different approaches, finding out what it's tendancies are to exploit and know where you can go to get clear of it.

Spoilers for the big boss......

Run up the ladder in the back and then run around to your left as you get to the top of the ladder. On that side of the catwalk is an obstruction you can get behind. If you stay in one place very long he can and will hit you even directly behind the obstruction. You need to run down to the end where the ladder is again and get the rifle ready. Fire off a shot as he comes into view and then move to the other side of the obstruction and get ready again. Sometimes you need to wait a second or two before you move otherwise he will follow you too closely for you to get a shot off. You need to make him swing at you or at least start to think about swinging at you. If you get lucky you can perhaps get him stuck on the obstruction if you get in just the right spot, he will then sit there while you pour a few shots into him.

Second one, this one is tougher to dodge but easier to kill. You must get up on the catwalk otherwise he will be over your head and you won't be able to see him to avoid him. If you get up on the ladder at the end back up against the wall as far as you can and aim at the beam in front of you. He will be right on your ass so you will have to fire off a quick shot and hit him knocking him off the beam or he will cream you. Once you knock him off just hold the shotgun in the same spot and wait for him. If you don't knock him off with the first shot, he will probably cream you. Just heal if you got it and set backup. Finally got him, doesn't take but about 15 or so shotgun blasts. If you have it beefed up.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2005, 06:04:46 PM »

Ambushes are a very effective method of combat. If our hero was dumb enough to walk into one ambush after another he would be dead. And Oh guess what? He is dead over and over again.  Two entire Roman legions were wiped out to nearly the last man because they were dumb enough to walk into an ambush. Custer was also ambushed and we know what happened there. Games like Halo have the potential of ambushing you but it doesn't freeze you with a cutscene so you can move and avoid it. You then know where the ambush is and can approach it to avoid it. Not, ambush die, ambush die, ambush die, ambush die, ambush die, until you get lucky enough to fight your way out of it.  

Just seems to me there could and should be ways they could work the combat so it would still be creepy and challenging without having every big battle be an ambush sprung on you that you can't escape from or avoid. I also can live with the fact that the hero can't run away, but the enemies can most certainly run at a carl lewis sprint if they need to. If I can't run they shouldn't be able to run either.  

It is also VERY possible in this game if you use too much ammo you might get into a spot you don't have enough to fight your way out. I was very close to not having enough shotgun ammo to survive the cabin because the giant from hell had just used it all up. I had to use all my grenades to make up for the lack of shotgun shells. But then I didn't have any grenades.

AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2005, 07:49:47 PM »

Quote from: "vagabond"
Well I finally beat the big guy and both his incarnations. It only took me about 40 tries of which I only beat the first one 4 times to get to the second one. I like the game itself but to me the boss battles are just tedious exercises I have to plod through to be able to keep playing the game. Reason I usually hate games like this, there is no way in hell you can actually win against these bosses the first try, or hell the tenth try. You have to die trying several different approaches, finding out what it's tendancies are to exploit and know where you can go to get clear of it.

Umm i killed that guy on the 3rd try.    I never thought he was that hard, i just ran back and forth doing the dodge thing when it poped up as a passed him.  get to one end of the room put a clip in him and then run back to the other side.  I even used my punisher to kill the guy.

AttA
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2005, 09:40:25 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"

Umm i killed that guy on the 3rd try.    I never thought he was that hard, i just ran back and forth doing the dodge thing when it poped up as a passed him.  get to one end of the room put a clip in him and then run back to the other side.  I even used my punisher to kill the guy.

Well I guess I cheated then.  The second time I fought him, I found that if you go up the stairs and to Leon's left there is an obstruction.  If you stand behind it they guy tries to come at you, but can't so he just sits there.  I unloaded round after round of my rifle in him and he fell over dead.  Until the second part at least.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2005, 11:13:04 PM »

I tells ya, all you need to do is get in the mood. I was able to set aside an hour or so to play the game, and I worked those cabin-floodin' hicks on the first go. Didn't use a single 'nade, probably only down one box of shotgun shells after picking up the villager drops ... but sadly, I went through two beautiful Red/Green/Yellow mixtures. (Thankfully I have another full one, and three Red/Green combos waiting for the Yellow.)

Knowing that you could toss down the ladders was crucial - it made things so much easier. I just stood at the top of the stairs from the get go, blasting away as the baddies came up, then watching the second floor windows when they came into play. Child's play.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »

Umm i killed that guy on the 3rd try. I never thought he was that hard, i just ran back and forth doing the dodge thing when it poped up as a passed him. get to one end of the room put a clip in him and then run back to the other side. I even used my punisher to kill the guy.<<<<<

One big reason why I don't like these kind of games is they are geared toward people with the reflexes of an 18 year old, which is great if you actually happen to be 18 and not so great if you don't. I have great difficulty dodging because I can't put my fingers on the AB and the triggers at the same time, so I end up just guessing one way or the other, guessing wrong more than right. Also bad since you can't run, and everything in the game is just as fast as you or faster, you have no room for error. If you have to scratch or something it throws your timing off just enough to die. Reloading does this to me too, throws me off just enough where I often die because of it. I didn't really fight the guy 40 times. I was reloading everytime I got hit trying to save a heal. But, sometimes I could get 2 rifle shots off at him and then get up the ladder and sometimes without firing any shots he still grabbed me before I could clear the top of the ladder. Very inconsistant.  Don't brag about being faster than somebody old enough to be your father. I am far better than you at many things that are much more important than a game battle.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2005, 11:30:44 PM »

I tells ya, all you need to do is get in the mood. I was able to set aside an hour or so to play the game, and I worked those cabin-floodin' hicks on the first go. Didn't use a single 'nade, probably only down one box of shotgun shells after picking up the villager drops ... but sadly, I went through two beautiful Red/Green/Yellow mixtures. (Thankfully I have another full one, and three Red/Green combos waiting for the Yellow.)

Knowing that you could toss down the ladders was crucial - it made things so much easier. I just stood at the top of the stairs from the get go, blasting away as the baddies came up, then watching the second floor windows when they came into play. Child's play.

To each his own but when I fight I am doing the best I can to not only win but win without using a heal. I will thankfully waste however many shotgun shells and nades to save the heals. They are worth 10000 each and a nade is 2000 or less. If you don't have the money to buy and or upgrade your weapons later because you used too many heals you will waste much more ammo and nades later on.  Using two heals in my book is a pyrrhic victory. I could have won first time doing that too. I also wouldn't mix the red/greens with a yellow. With a green/yellow you get more than half a heal and the upgrade. With a red in there you are just getting a tiny bit bigger a heal. You are better off saving the red/greens for full heals. They come in the game spaced out like that too. You will have too few yellows, in other words waiting for a yellow isn't going to work.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2005, 12:35:07 AM »

Hmmm ... as far as I knew, a Red/Green/Yellow combo fully heals you, and gives you an extra quarter of a life square upgrade. Are you saying a Green and Yellow mixture will give you more of an upgrade, more of a max health increase?

And for what it's worth, I'm usually in the camp of "use lots of ammo, and don't you dare heal yourself". I'm even thinking of trying the cabin over again - knowing that it's much easier than I thought it was gives me the impression that I can do better.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2005, 01:32:38 AM »

I have been having a blast with the unlocked game Mercenaries that you get after beating the game.  They give you like 3 minutes to kill as many bad guys as you can before your chopper shows up, and boy is that a blast.  Especially if you get a four star rating.  Then you unlock a secret character to play with.  I have only unlocked one and he is ultra cool.  And he is not one of the characters you will see in the game.  You start as Leon and can unlock 4 others.    Also cool is the fact that you get to pick one of four huge maps to play on and it is loaded with dozens and dozens of baddies of all sizes and shapes.  There are also barrels and chests around with plenty of ammo, and sprinkled here and there are time extensions of 30 seconds so you can extend your time to kill more guys and up your star rating.  One treasure chest I got gave me a special amount of time that for every bad guy I killed in that alotted time, I got an extra 30 seconds of total time.  

Very fun if you are in the mood for a quick round.  Plays very much like Painkiller in that it is all about killing hordes of enemies.

Nice unlockable.  

The Ada mission that you unlock is pretty cool too by the way, and fairly long.  At least as long as a level in the real game.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2005, 05:32:16 AM »

I tells ya, all you need to do is get in the mood.

i agree completely... &, whether it's the dark, gloomy, winter weather or the surprise/shock of seeing the re series re-invented as a shooter (or a little of both), i'm just not ready for it yet - i recognize it's a very good (not sure about great) game, & maybe come some warm weather i'll be ready for some euro-gunning...

but, for me, it's back to minish cap for now...

(btw, finally got my gamestop pre-order 'soundtrack' disc - problem is, it's a bunch of songs from the 2 re movies?!. rip-off...)

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2005, 07:21:35 AM »

One more reason why the game is one of the best ever:

Try standing on the dock before the first end boss and shoot some fish for a little while and see what happens....

heh, it's little touches like that that make me love this game so!

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2005, 08:55:09 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
One more reason why the game is one of the best ever:

Try standing on the dock before the first end boss and shoot some fish for a little while and see what happens....

heh, it's little touches like that that make me love this game so!

Yeah I did that too the first time I was there.  I got a kick out of that.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2005, 09:11:58 AM »

Doing that scared the hell out of me.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2005, 04:25:46 PM »

Hmmm ... as far as I knew, a Red/Green/Yellow combo fully heals you, and gives you an extra quarter of a life square upgrade. Are you saying a Green and Yellow mixture will give you more of an upgrade, more of a max health increase?

And for what it's worth, I'm usually in the camp of "use lots of ammo, and don't you dare heal yourself". I'm even thinking of trying the cabin over again - knowing that it's much easier than I thought it was gives me the impression that I can do better.

No, just green and yellow will give you the upgrade and half a heal. Adding a red in just gives you the other half of the heal, but you can get a full heal with that red if you just use it with another green. I usually don't need a full heal anyway and I will just use the yellow/green to top me back up again. But, you are wasting a red if you do that, with all 3. There are more than enough greens to double all the reds and yellows.

There are many different ways you can play. I readily spent the 10K on the treasure maps and I got my money's worth, but on a replay that wouldn't be necessary. If you could get by with just 2 weapons you could probably save a lot of money not buying the bigger attache cases. But, I don't want to play that way. When you get to the castle you will probably want to upgrade all your weapons and this costs a ton of money.  I upgraded the shotgun to the riot gun, rifle to semi auto rifle and pistol to the blacktail. They are all superior to their counterparts but you have to upgrade all over again. When you sell the old ones you only get about half what you paid for the upgrades back. Although, it's probably necessary to make it through the game.  Managing your weapons and ammo might just be the element of strategy that is making me like the game. I like trying to get through, using as little as possible. If I make it and I missed with a few shotgun blasts and wasted some shots. I will reload and do it again.  My hit percentage for the game is over 85 percent.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2005, 04:46:32 PM »

The general game design for this game is excellent but there are many things that just make you scratch your head in wonder.  For example the game discourages you from saving the game. Primarily by having limited save spots, but worse if you save in some places some enemies will respawn and you will have to fight your way back to where you were. So you have to decide whether the save is worth the extra ammo or not. Where the catapults are they actually have an invincible baddie who's sole task is to try and kill you if you try to backtrack to the save point. Once you get past where you would need to backtrack he disappears. However, the game also drops baddies on your head out of the ceiling and countless other things that are impossible to nearly impossible to avoid on the first encounter, thus encouraging you to save as much as possible. I don't think I have saved in a game so much ever. I have over 100 saves already. This still hasn't stopped me from replaying sections of the game over and over again due to dying without a save. My actual game time is 15 hours, but I have probably spent twice that much time playing from reloading and doing stuff over. Some by choice, most not by choice. I don't think I have ever seen a game where they expect you to die a few hundred times in the course of completing it. No ironman mode for this game! :lol: There is a handcrank that pulls down a stairway and baddies galore are in your face. First time quick death. So second time I decide I will have Ashley do the crank and I can backup and pick them off with a rifle. With a smug grin I sit back and wait and the stair comes down and it CUTSCENES and puts you right back where you were the first time. There is no way you can plan or prepare for this stuff until you get killed at least once and usually way more than once. DAMN THEM GIANT INSECTS ARE TOUGH!

AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2005, 06:23:13 AM »

Umm i killed that guy on the 3rd try. I never thought he was that hard, i just ran back and forth doing the dodge thing when it poped up as a passed him. get to one end of the room put a clip in him and then run back to the other side. I even used my punisher to kill the guy.<<<<<

One big reason why I don't like these kind of games is they are geared toward people with the reflexes of an 18 year old, which is great if you actually happen to be 18 and not so great if you don't. I have great difficulty dodging because I can't put my fingers on the AB and the triggers at the same time, so I end up just guessing one way or the other, guessing wrong more than right. Also bad since you can't run, and everything in the game is just as fast as you or faster, you have no room for error. If you have to scratch or something it throws your timing off just enough to die. Reloading does this to me too, throws me off just enough where I often die because of it. I didn't really fight the guy 40 times. I was reloading everytime I got hit trying to save a heal. But, sometimes I could get 2 rifle shots off at him and then get up the ladder and sometimes without firing any shots he still grabbed me before I could clear the top of the ladder. Very inconsistant.  Don't brag about being faster than somebody old enough to be your father. I am far better than you at many things that are much more important than a game battle.

Lol that was funny  Tongue

im 27 by the way =)

If it makes ya feel any better i died on the ski lift 5 times.

AttA
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2005, 12:24:27 PM »

I'm 45 and I didn't beat him on the third try, but I nailed that puppy on about the fifth.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2005, 06:15:10 PM »

I also can live with the fact that the hero can't run away, but the enemies can most certainly run at a carl lewis sprint if they need to. If I can't run they shouldn't be able to run either.

Also bad since you can't run, and everything in the game is just as fast as you or faster, you have no room for error.

Hold down the 'B' button and you will run.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2005, 06:22:53 PM »

Quote from: "adamsappel"
I also can live with the fact that the hero can't run away, but the enemies can most certainly run at a carl lewis sprint if they need to. If I can't run they shouldn't be able to run either.

Also bad since you can't run, and everything in the game is just as fast as you or faster, you have no room for error.

I thought the same thing but decided there was no way in hell the guy got where he is at with out knowing the B button makes you run.... right?  Im thinking he must be meaning that you cant run away from the boss.  At least i hope thats what he means rofl.  If not it might help to rtm.

AttA
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2005, 07:30:33 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"
Quote from: "adamsappel"

thought the same thing but decided there was no way in hell the guy got where he is at with out knowing the B button makes you run.... right?  Im thinking he must be meaning that you cant run away from the boss.  At least i hope thats what he means rofl.  If not it might help to rtm.

I meant you can't run when you are in an enclosed space. And even when you can run you can't move faster than whatever you are running from. I thought this game had ambushed me in every cheap way possible but dropping the cage on top of you and then dropping baddies in the cage without you being able to avoid it takes the prize.  The cage is like 10X10. Very rough. Running doesn't do any good. Gotta fight your way out.

vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2005, 07:37:04 PM »

Lol that was funny  

im 27 by the way =)

If it makes ya feel any better i died on the ski lift 5 times.<<<<

Yeah, well I could be your father if I had you when I was 16. :lol: I got the lift on the third try I think. My point was don't be a smartass about somebody being slower than you.  Why do you think professional athletes have to quit? You might only lose 2/tenths of a second on your batspeed or your football release or your running speed and that is enough for you to go from good to being bad. In a game where you have a second or less to respond 2/tenths is a lot too. I also have carpal tunnel in my right hand and have a hard time switching motions in it quickly thus making it very problematic to dodge. You will find out for yourself in another ten years or so.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2005, 07:43:37 PM »

STAY ON TARGET RED 4, STAY ON TOPIC!!!
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I'm 45 and I didn't beat him on the third try, but I nailed that puppy on about the fifth.

Good, for you. Look when I say it took me however many tries to get past whatever it is an effort to show it is difficult, not to set myself up for people to take shots at me for how many tries it took me. You can disagree it was difficult, fine. But, don't brag about how few it took you. You are not making any point about anything and it's not something worth bragging about to start with. It's just a freakin game. Not to mention I make profound observations on the nature of the game and game design in general and this is the best comment you can make? You need to quit gaming and get out more.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2005, 08:14:53 PM »

KABLAM, RED 4 IS DOWN BASE, I REPEAT, RED 4 IS DOWN. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN LOCKED ONTO BY THE DEATH STAR, COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: