http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:03:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republic Commando anyone pick this one up?  (Read 896 times)
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »

Don't know if this has already been talked about but I was wondering if anyone here has picked this one up? And if so, what do you think about it?

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 02:14:31 AM »

Finally found it. Check this, I wanted to get it at BB because of the sale this week, so i go to the one about 5 mins from my house twice and nothign. so finally, while getting a burritto tonight I go to the one about..15 minutes from my house, and they have 20 copies. Its always like this. What the flying fuck is wrong with Best Buy? Seriously, I almost shouldn't give them money on principle, but the 10 buck saved went twoards Invader Zim Vol.2 so it was worth it.

Oh so the game, just installed it, watchign tv and eating, impressions by midnight.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:54:56 AM »

You got Republic Commando and a burrito?  Damn it, Rage.  Way to make me jealous.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 04:31:52 AM »

I highly recommend getting it for the PC.  There's so much action, and movement, I don't see how anyone can be comfortable with the controls and not be overwhelmed.

Great game.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:51:05 AM »

I've been playing on Xbox, and I don't find it overwhelming at all.  In fact, with the stream-lined control, I think it's very accessible, console-wise.  And nothing beats ordering your squad around from the comfort of your couch (especially in 480p).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »

I picked it up on XBox as well.  Overall a pretty nice game.  Multiplayer is extremly uninspired, but it does support system link which is nice if you want a Star Wars style shootout.  Can't speak to the length of the game yet, but I've been at it a good couple hours and am just getting to the end of Geonosis (I think).

Once you get how the commands for your squad works it's really simple and pretty obvious how to set them up for most encounters.

I also like that the super war droids are tough as hell (at least until you get the anti-armor gun smile) and you have to lock on to get your squad to concentrate fire.  Very fun.

It feels a little like a cross between Dark Forces and Rainbow 6... with a little more DF than R6.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: