http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replaying KotOR II (paging Starshifter & ATB)  (Read 725 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »

I beat KotOR II when it first came out, but now that the sour taste from the ending has worn off, I decided to go back and play through it again.  First time through, I played my typical favorite RPG style:  A male, good, meele based character.  This time, however, I'd like to play the opposite: a female, evil, uber-bitch caster.  This will honestly be the first time I've ever tried this, so I might need a few tips.  I've checked a few FAQ's, but I wanted to ask the experts.  smile

I plan on going the Consular-->Sith Lord route.  For starters, here's how I set up my stats:
Strength ------ 10
Dexterity ----- 14
Constitution -- 16
Intelligence -- 8
Wisdom -------- 16
Charisma ------ 10

I plan on dumping all extra points into wisdom to bump up Force Power usage.  As far as skills go, a couple FAQ's recommend putting everything into persuade (after getting at least a point in a couple basic skills).  A couple questions:

-  What are the best force powers to get?  First time through, I rarely (if ever) used Force Powers other than Heal.

-  How does armor work for casters?  My understanding is that they basically can't really wear any armor.  I've picked up a couple pieces of armor that list a maximum dex bonus, but don't make any mention of limiting Force power usage.  I'm used to seeing 'Arcane spell failure 90%' in D&D based games, but didn't see anything like that.   So, what's the general rule here?

-  What feats should I focus on?  The FAQ's vary wildly here, so I'm not sure the best way to proceed.  

I played about 3 hours last night (made it onto the Harbinger), and am level 5, so I don't think I could have screwed anything up beyond repair yet.  I have to admit, it's pretty fun playing an evil character.  

Help me Starshifter & ATB, you're my only hope.  slywink

P.S.  If anyone has a guide they're willing to part with, let me know. I'm trying to go through as 'guideless' as possible, but I do like having a reference handy for maps and puzzle solutions (I don't have a ton of patience to run around for hours to find the specific Purple Whatzit that opens the Sealed Door of Doom).  I'm also not terribly familiar with the other character classes, so a levelling guide for them would be helpful.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:46:59 PM »

I played through 3/4 of the game as a good character, started over and made an uber bad to the bone sith lord.  The Dark Side is much easier to play imo because the force powers are much more powerful.

Force Lightning is a must.  It kicks butt.

Max out on the lightsaber abilities too (throw for example) to balance out your lack of physical strength (as you'll be putting most of your points into wisdom).

There's another power that paralyzes people. It's  a must too as it gives you a total advantage.

Kill everything and everyone you can cause the further you get along on the dark side the better your casting ability (less force pts).

As for armor, i have no idea.  Once you get along on the dark side path, you're pretty much untouchable....at least my guy was.

Starshifter will be glad to know that I've recently sold both my KOTOR games as, well, there's no going back :p
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 12:11:39 AM »

gratch if i remember correctly, the only thing about armor is that there are certain force powers that you cant use if youre wearing armor (theyll be blacked out) - and they say they cant be used with armor on the force power progression page
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

Thanks.  I've been debating whether it's worth taking the medium armor feat, and it looks like it might be.  I'll do a little more checking.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 12:58:22 AM »

Gratch,

I'm going to be no help to you whatsoever.  Sorry!  I have never played an evil character in either KOTOR and therefore I know nothing about the Dark Side Force powers, armor or those special drug enhancement things.  I never used any of these.  I always play the good guy.  ATB had some good suggestions so listen to what he has to say.

I will say that when I got here in the forum I saw KOTOR near the top and my heart skipped a beat thinking that (for a brief moment) someone was posting something about KOTOR 3.

Good luck and have fun!

Quote from: "Gratch"
Help me Starshifter & ATB, you're my only hope.

This made me laugh!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 02:06:20 AM »

Oh, lots of help you are.  Resident KotOR expert....pfffft.  slywink

I did figure out the armor thing (it's the powers themselves that are armor restricted), so I'll just do a little more research on character building.  Thanks anyways!

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 03:11:09 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
Oh, lots of help you are.  Resident KotOR expert....pfffft.  slywink

That's 'cause you're mis-spelling expert.  In Shifter's case we spell it F - A - N - A - T - I - C.  :wink:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Well for me it has been 18 months since I finished it....the details are shady at this point...
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 01:46:30 AM »

Should I pimp my workbench faq again?

BTW, if I finish Fable and get bored, I'm tempted to go with the forum effect.  I finished on Light, but wanted to play again with Dark side.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Should I pimp my workbench faq again?

BTW, if I finish Fable and get bored, I'm tempted to go with the forum effect.  I finished on Light, but wanted to play again with Dark side.

:wave hand:  This is the game you're looking for.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: