http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 06:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption gameplay trailer  (Read 21228 times)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 13, 2010, 08:14:11 PM

Are there any other preorder bonuses elsewhere worth considering?

Here's the listing:
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/preorder

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »

Amazon looks like the early winner.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on April 13, 2010, 09:17:33 PM

Amazon looks like the early winner.

Agreed, just put in my preorder there.  Thanks for the link, coop!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »

I'd rather have the targetting meter fill up 2x faster than get more fame.  One option directly affects combat, the other just means you need more combat to advance.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 13, 2010, 09:55:54 PM

I'd rather have the targetting meter fill up 2x faster than get more fame.  One option directly affects combat, the other just means you need more combat to advance.

With game's like this my vanity gamer side competes with my power gaming side.  I'm expecting to find other outfits I'd rather wear than the GameStop outfit (I think I saw a poncho in a screenshot...how could I resist?!) so an item with at least a little bit of powergaming benefit plus $10 cash real monies wins out for me.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »

if I manage to get the game at all, it will have to be gamestop, so I'll continue insisting it's the best deal slywink  (I have $10 or so on a card there)
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »

It's hard with a new game, because you don't really know what you're going to find in the game itself, and you're not familiar with all of the mechanics of the game.

For Best Buy, at first glance, the War Horse sounds excellent, since that will be the primary method of travel in the game.  However, no one knows if you'll be able to get a horse that runs faster than the pre-order one.  Although, it does say in the description:  "There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse."   I find this really hard to believe.  When has a pre-order perk been "the best item" you can get?

Gamestop's sounds good because of the increased dead-eye regeneration, which from the videos, is basically akin to Max Payne's "Bullet Time" mechanic.  Increased regeneration of this ability is great, but you'll have to wear that specific outfit, and who knows what you're having to give up by not wearing other outfits.

Amazon's gets you more fame quicker.  That's about it.

If the description is correct, the best pre-order bonus for this game is from Best Buy.

Notice the fine print for all of the pre-order bonuses:

Access to non-transferable pre-order bonus content requires single-use code, internet connection and may, upon 30 days notice, be offered under different terms

Hello DLC.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:12:03 PM by MaxSteele » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »

sadly pre-order items being the best there is and unobtainable other ways IS the new way of things. frown
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 13, 2010, 11:13:54 PM

sadly pre-order items being the best there is and unobtainable other ways IS the new way of things. frown

If that's the case, then Best Buy gets my money.

The way it's all said, there could be better weapons, and there could be better outfits, but there is no better horse.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »

wait, I have to do work to unlock the Gamestop exclusive DLC?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2010, 02:12:10 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 13, 2010, 11:32:41 PM

wait, I have to do work to unlock the Gamestop exclusive DLC?

Yep, you have to finish one of five in-game challenges to get the assassin outfit.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2010, 02:57:38 AM »

For Best Buy, at first glance, the War Horse sounds excellent, since that will be the primary method of travel in the game.  However, no one knows if you'll be able to get a horse that runs faster than the pre-order one.  Although, it does say in the description:  "There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse."   I find this really hard to believe.  When has a pre-order perk been "the best item" you can get?

From what I've read, you're not going to be switching horses left and right as you would swap cars in GTA--they want it to become -your- horse-- BUT, you can definitely lose your horse.  (If you're in the wild then you'll get an increased chance of a wild horse random encounter.) Thus the horse bonus seems like the worst option of the bunch unless you're sure you want that to be your one and only horse. 
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

of the pre order bonuses listed Id have to go with Amazon, real money trumps all and 10 bucks is 10 bucks! 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »

You get 250 bonus Reward Zone points if you preorder with Best Buy as well which is $5.  Amazon's is nice since it doesn't require you to be part of some little specialized club though.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2010, 02:55:16 PM »

I voted for Amazon's $10.  Plus I had $20 from BFBC2 to spend there.  If Amazon keeps giving me gift cards and offering cheap release-day shipping, they are doing a good job of locking me in.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »

Quote from: Bob on April 14, 2010, 02:55:16 PM

I voted for Amazon's $10.  Plus I had $20 from BFBC2 to spend there.  If Amazon keeps giving me gift cards and offering cheap release-day shipping, they are doing a good job of locking me in.

As long as Amazon keeps offering credit toward future game purchases I'll be hard pressed to buy a game anywhere else.

With Mass Effect 2 purchase, I knocked $20 off BFBC2. With BFBC2 purchase, I knocked $20 off Red Dead. With that credit, knocked $10 off Reach.

IMO, Cash > In game bonus > having it at 12 am release day smile (unless I become unemployed or something... then having it at 12 am probably goes first)

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2010, 03:07:49 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 14, 2010, 02:57:38 AM

From what I've read, you're not going to be switching horses left and right as you would swap cars in GTA--they want it to become -your- horse-- BUT, you can definitely lose your horse.  (If you're in the wild then you'll get an increased chance of a wild horse random encounter.) Thus the horse bonus seems like the worst option of the bunch unless you're sure you want that to be your one and only horse. 

Well, I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want the fastest and toughest horse to be your one and only horse in a game which will heavily rely on you riding a horse everywhere.

Also, are you saying you could get this 'best horse', and then lose it forever?  That doesn't sound right....
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »

this is one of the one's where I'll be going to the midnight release if they do one, and I may even take the 18th off,

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »

$3 off price for preorder, $10 credit from Amazon for a future game purchase, and only $6 for release day delivery.  Sold!

And it looks like Split Second and Blur will also be doing similar deals.  May is going to be expensive.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2010, 05:15:24 PM »

gamestop is doing midnight release for this game where I live. 

I traded in Borderlands and put down $5 on Split/Second, Transformers and RDR.  Have no idea how I'm getting any of the three (plus I need Blur, NEED.. lol)

This might be the first good gaming summer I've seen in a long time.  ah well, it'll work out.

back on topic, this game is looking pretty damned nice, kinda sucks SS comes out the same day.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2010, 02:33:06 AM »

I hope they get a demo for SS soon so I can decide on it or blur.  Wonder which one the forum is headed to? 

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2010, 03:54:50 AM »

first glance says that blur might have more depth, but ss definitely has better visuals.  I also can't wait for a demo.  I do get the feeling that blur is more of a $40 title though.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2010, 11:17:51 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 15, 2010, 03:54:50 AM

I do get the feeling that blur is more of a $40 title though.

Super Street Fighter IV is just $40, and rumor mill says you only need a SFIV save file from the first game to get the bonus instead of the disc itself.   paranoid
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »

and a $150 joystick....
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »

and if I had $190, I'd buy RDR, SS and Transformers
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »

Is Blur mostly multiplayer? 

I haven't been following it much at all.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

The multiplayer beta/demo has been MP only. No one outside the media has seen what the single player may entail.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »

Quote from: Bob on April 15, 2010, 06:50:37 PM

The website mentions a single player campaign/events, but it certainly looks multi focused. That would be why Hark is in and coop is out.  crybaby

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on April 15, 2010, 07:08:31 PM

The website mentions a single player campaign/events, but it certainly looks multi focused. That would be why Hark is in and coop is out.  crybaby

Blur MP has been a lot of fun, but I'm not 100% sold on picking it up yet. It's utter chaos nearly 90% of the time, which is both fun and incredibly frustrating. I know there are supposed to be a ridiculous amount of maps and lots of other defensive / offensive abilities and power-ups, but I'll wait for word around here to see how it goes over.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on April 15, 2010, 07:48:31 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on April 15, 2010, 07:08:31 PM

Blur MP has been a lot of fun, but I'm not 100% sold on picking it up yet. It's utter chaos nearly 90% of the time, which is both fun and incredibly frustrating. I know there are supposed to be a ridiculous amount of maps and lots of other defensive / offensive abilities and power-ups, but I'll wait for word around here to see how it goes over.

agreed. For me its like playing God of War on wheels. Button mashing and speed.  The demo is fun - but that's about it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:50 PM »

What happened to this thread?

Why don't we post about blur in this thread?...
http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=39383.0
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »

OK... can we get back onto the somewhat relevant topic of the Warhorse pre-order item?

I'm not sure I understand why anyone (with a choice) would pick a pre-order item that can be "killed off". Has anyone heard anything further on this? 

I ask becasue I am most interested in the warhorse (although the Amazon and Gamespot bonuses aren't bad).

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2010, 08:39:43 PM »

I don't think we have enough information to know. Is it a specific horse that suddenly appears?  Is it an extra purchase option at the Horse-Mart (and thus rebuyable?)
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »

I went Amazon...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »

Quote from: naednek on April 15, 2010, 08:08:50 PM

What happened to this thread?

Why don't we post about blur in this thread?...
http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=39383.0

uh... the horse moves so fast it's like a blur?

I officially have the 18th off for this.  Last time I took a day off for a game (ME2) a relative turned up dead.

second times a coincidence, right?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

because Alan Wake comes out at roughly the same time,and it comes with the 1st DLC(heard its an episode,if you buy the special edition)..then i have opted to buy Red Dead at a later date as i will only be able to afford one at that time...shame,but Red Dead will certainly be next

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 15, 2010, 09:18:02 PM

I officially have the 18th off for this.  Last time I took a day off for a game (ME2) a relative turned up dead.

Is that a lament or a request for services?

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 02:03:39 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on April 15, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 15, 2010, 09:18:02 PM

Is that a lament or a request for services?

he can't say anything on a public board. Best use code speak

"the king of Burger desires a scary clown to stain the colonel's floor on Marc Antony's birthday"

that is all.

I really want to be sick on the 18th, but they'd just call me anyways.

MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 03:57:42 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on April 15, 2010, 08:36:55 PM

OK... can we get back onto the somewhat relevant topic of the Warhorse pre-order item?

I'm not sure I understand why anyone (with a choice) would pick a pre-order item that can be "killed off". Has anyone heard anything further on this? 

I ask becasue I am most interested in the warhorse (although the Amazon and Gamespot bonuses aren't bad).

I'm going with the warhorse, because they say it's the best and toughest horse you can get in the game.

If I find out it can be killed off, I'm not sure what to do about that....
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:48 AM »

The marketing dude responsible for this kind of setup where you get different stuff depending on where you buy the game, should be hurled into an active vulcano...

A new one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: