http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 12:59:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend some console exclusives on the 360?  (Read 892 times)
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 05:28:06 AM »

Last week, I came into a little bit of cash and decided I'd finally get a console. I'm a PC gamer primarily, but the main reason I haven't had a console this generation is just because I didn't have the money to spend on it. I've got a friend who is exclusively a console gamer who has been trying to get me to buy a 360 for literally years now so I can play with him. Well, I bought one, played about an hour of MW2 with him, and then he blew me off to play with his regular crew. So, a good portion of my reason to get the thing has gone down the drain.

Seeing as a good majority of the games on the 360 have landed on the PC, I'm wondering if I made a terrible decision buying this thing. However, there must be some good games on the 360 that never made it to PC. I just don't know what they are. I know, recently, there's Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption. That's about all I can think of at the moment.

I like games with good storylines first and foremost. I like FPSes. I like adventure games. I like western-style RPGs (but not jRPGs). Not too big on sports games, racing games,  or strategy games.

Any ideas?
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:11:48 AM »

You really can't go wrong with red dead unless you don't like open sandbox games. I would also recommend Nier if you like action adventure games.  Don't let the Square Enix label scare you away; this is not a FF game.

Otherwise, you have the usual list of games; dead rising, crackdown, etc.   

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:12:58 AM »

Halo 3 & ODST are no brainers.

After that, not sure. The things that come to mind are available on PC. I know you don't like jRPGs, but Lost Odyssey may be up your alley. It fulfills your #1 request: a great storyline.

Maybe Dead Rising?

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:18 AM »

Fable 2.

Honestly, the 360 doesn't really have the same kind of awesome exclusive list that the PS3 currently has if you've got a PC, but there's still some nice gaming to be had on it.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »

I assume you played ME and ME2 on the PC? If not get those for sure.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

I second Fable 2, especially since Fable 3 will hit the PC.

There are also a couple of fun hack and slash games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.

Although you said you don't like sports games, you may want to give Madden a try.  The combination of the console controller and a big screen is a pretty good experience.

Lastly, I suggest that you get your games used at Gamestop.  They have a 7 day return policy on used games, so you can try a game out and return it if you don't like it.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

Crackdown. Just Cause 2. DarkSiders. Devil May Cry 4.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »

Not sure if Gears of War 2 is on the PC or not.  If not, I'd recommend trying it out.  If you are at all interested in music games Rock Band 2 is dirt cheap and has an enormous amount of songs available.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:48:40 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

If you like story and adventure games then I would recommend trying Brutal Legend.  It didn't work for me personally but some people love it and it does have very good writing. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on May 27, 2010, 01:45:27 PM

Not sure if Gears of War 2 is on the PC or not.  If not, I'd recommend trying it out.  If you are at all interested in music games Rock Band 2 is dirt cheap and has an enormous amount of songs available.

nope, GoW2 never made it to the PC, because of 'a poor PC gaming market and use of BitTorrent in high end games.'  I'll third Fable 2 and Crackdown and also recommend Shadow Complex.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »

I won't be surprised if Fable 2 gets a late port to the PC.  Seems kind of odd to have Fable 1 and 3 on the PC but not Fable 2. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 27, 2010, 02:10:43 PM

If you like story and adventure games then I would recommend trying Brutal Legend.  It didn't work for me personally but some people love it and it does have very good writing. 

Wasn't Brutal Legend mostly an RTS?  I remember seeing that in a bunch of reviews, which kept me away from it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »

Check out Metacritic's list of Xbox 360 games by score, that should give you some direction.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »

Now may be a good time to get into the whole plastic instrument scene.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 02:35:40 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 27, 2010, 02:19:35 PM

Wasn't Brutal Legend mostly an RTS?  I remember seeing that in a bunch of reviews, which kept me away from it.

The end of chapter battles were RTS.  But until the last 2 or 3 you could just use Eddie and a few units to get through.  There wasn't much strategy involved.  You can get through most of what the game has to show you without playing through the hard RTS missions.  At less than $20 it is well worth playing if you like heavy metal music.  I loved the world and the dialogue sections were pretty well written compared to most video games.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on May 27, 2010, 02:35:23 PM

Now may be a good time to get into the whole plastic instrument scene.

at this point waiting until Rock Band 3 comes out might eb the way to go, if anything else just to see if they re-vamp the instruments.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

Nier is absolutely fantastic for a person who enjoys character development and entertaining story lines. It also has some superlative boss battles that are challenging enough to be pulse-pounding, but easy enough to defeat usually during your first attempt. One word of caution- their is profanity in the game.

Fable 2 is an enjoyable, laid-back action RPG.

Metro 2033 is one of the best shooters on the 360. Although it is available on the PC, you need a very hefty machine to get a good resolution and bells and whistles. The 360 version is a beautifully translated port.

Crackdown is open world, crime-fighting awesomeness

Shadow Complex on Xbox Live. Grab it immediately.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on May 27, 2010, 02:35:40 PM

Quote from: Gratch on May 27, 2010, 02:19:35 PM

The end of chapter battles were RTS.  But until the last 2 or 3 you could just use Eddie and a few units to get through.  There wasn't much strategy involved.  You can get through most of what the game has to show you without playing through the hard RTS missions.  At less than $20 it is well worth playing if you like heavy metal music.  I loved the world and the dialogue sections were pretty well written compared to most video games.

Hmmm, maybe I need to give it a look.  I'm a huge metal fan and love the overall look and feel of the game, but avoided it because I hate RTS and had heard it was heavy in that department.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »

An overlooked treasure of a XBLA game: n+.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on May 27, 2010, 03:18:16 PM

Metro 2033 is one of the best shooters on the 360.

icon_eek

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

I really enjoyed Fable 2, and I consider Batman: Arkham Asylum to be one of the best games I've played on the 360.  I also really enjoyed Assassin's Creed and am currently playing through Assassin's Creed 2 which seems to improve greatly on the first.  The Gears of War series is a lot of fun but it is certainly focused primarily on killing lots and lots of enemies with only a simplistic storyline.  Still, the cover system is very well implemented, the action never ceases, and outside of a few rail-shooting sections the gameplay is always managable without becoming needlessly frustrating.  The Forza racing series is also very well-done if you're into racing simulations. 

Out of that entire list, I think I enjoyed Fable 2 and Batman:AA the most.  I'm also currently back into GTAIV and am only 53% of the way through, so I've got a lot of gameplay left in that title as well.  It's easily the best game in the GTA series.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »

snag a cheap copy of Kameo. It was a launch title and really alot of fun.

The Condemned games are rad too
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 01:46:22 AM »

Dead Rising was one of the reasons I wanted to get a 360.  It can be a difficult game.  However, if you don't mind the first play through being mostly a practice run, then you will enjoy yourself.  You also get to keep the character levels in subsequent play through's. 

If you played the original Halo games and want to know what happens, then Halo 3 would be worth picking up.  Otherwise, I can't really recommend it for single player.

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 04:28:03 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on May 27, 2010, 04:09:44 PM

Quote from: Dante Rising on May 27, 2010, 03:18:16 PM

Metro 2033 is one of the best shooters on the 360.

icon_eek

The game appears to have a small following that considers it a good game.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: