http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 04:36:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 1079 times)
VegasD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »

A co-worker mentioned this gem to me today:  www.realmofthemadgod.com

It's essentially multiplayer (100 users?) gauntlet with progression, itemization and end goals in an open-world.  It's quite fun!

From the wiki:

Realm of the Mad God pits every player against Oryx and his innumerable monster horde. Killing as many of his creatures as possible to summon the Mad God himself for a duel is the main objective of the game. However, there's more to see and do.

Defeat Oryx

Band together with other players to defeat 25,000 monsters, Skull Shrines, Cube Gods, Pentaracts and Oryx himself will show up to duke it out. All players on the server will be transported to his lair and he will appear on your mini-map as a purple dot in the middle of the map no matter how far away you are. It will take a team to defeat him, as he continually spawns his own demons to shield himself from your attacks. Oryx can take 20,000 damage before he winks out of existence and pledges to return after another 25,000 monsters are killed. He generally leaves behind some nice loot for his vanquishers.

Collect the Best Equipment

As you level up, you'll find plenty of equipment that your class may or may not be able to equip. Find other players via chat to trade loot with until you have the best equipment for your character as described in the Equipment section. The maximum level is 20, but equipment is not limited based on player level.

Farm the Gods

In addition to dropping good equipment, the gods also drop potions that can permanently increase your stats. Many players have taken to farming the gods for these potions, but you have to be careful... kill off too many and they won't be able to reproduce!

On the character selection screen it's cool to see unloackable classes. 

Warning - PermaDeath!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »

for a second I was hoping this would be Bard's Tale related  crybaby

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

That sounds neat - any impressions

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
VegasD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 07:48:31 AM »

Quote from: Tals on October 21, 2010, 03:46:26 PM

That sounds neat - any impressions

Well, it's a free to play browser based game - so you can hop right in within seconds to check it out.  I can say this - I've played this more than any other free game I've tried.  Probably @ around 4 hrs of play so far.

It's easy to get in and out of in seconds, saves your progress (assuming you create an account), has fun immediate action, and long term goals (unlocking new character classes, fighting the epic boss)  Add in the multiplayer aspect and it's really a good time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: