http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 07:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really irked with BF2 problem, just got the game.  (Read 791 times)
Fuzzballx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2005, 08:02:22 PM »

Really irked at BF2 atm... Just got the game installed.

Tried to retrieve the account I created in beta, wouldn't work, had the password sent to my email and tried again, knowing i had the right password email about 5 times, all 5 times, no go, tells me the account is invalid, so i try it about 5 times with my nickname and the password and it says that nick is already in use with that email account...ok fine, create a new account...create a new account with a different nick, game goes to "creating account or whatever" and stays there for 15 frickin minutes doing nothing.  And BF 2 doesn't allow alt tabbing or the windows key or cnt alt del or alt f4 so i had to restart my pc to get out of it.  DAmn thats frustrating, so i get back into the game, and i've now disabled everything else running including Pccilliin which wasn't a problem with the demo and I put my computer in unregulated DMZ on my router (which i didn't have to do with the demo either!).  I started up the game, got tot he login screen and it shows I have this new acccount i froze up creating. Great, so maybe it was a fluke or something, put in the password, click login, get stuck for another 20 minutes on the screen "connecting to account server or whatever".

At this point, i'm about ready to give up on the game and put it up for trade.  What the hell could I be doing wrong?  I've never been this frustrated with getting a game to work...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 06:29:36 PM »

I had to create 2 GameSpy ID's for this game.  One for the demo and one for the full version.  Luckily I have access to a hotmail, a gmail and a email account from my IP so I didn't get stuck.

As far as I know there is no real workaround.  They just did a shoddy job of setting up the online access portion.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 07:34:22 PM »

Same for me. I had to create a seperate ID. I couldn't use either of my GameSpy IDs for the DEMO or the game. Luckily the one I created for the DEMO worked for the game though.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 09:01:08 PM »

Yeppers, create a seperate ID and you will be on in minutes.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:35:02 AM »

I agree. I had to make a new hotmail account for it...Great game once your in it though :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: