http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 03:57:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-Visiting Wii Play  (Read 562 times)
deadzone
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »

Alrighty, confession time for me. 

I got Wii Play about 2 months ago or so primarily so I could have another game and an extra remote.  My wife and I played some of the games for about 2 days, lost interest, and chalked it up as a throw-away game that was included with the purchase of a remote. 

Fast forward to our nice 3 day holiday weekend we just had for Memorial Day.  My sister in law is visiting for the weekend along with my mother in law.  We all get to playing Wii Play and end up having a grand time.  smile  Now, I can't stop playing some of the games and I am getting a fair amount of gaming mileage out of Wii Play all of the sudden. 

So, I guess I am just trying to say that Wii Play isn't as bad as I thought.  Especially for Multi Play fun.  smile  The shooting game, pool, fishing, and the tank game are pretty fun and have been making me come back for more.  While not a great game, I have to say, it's a decent game at least. 

So if you have Wii Play, maybe revisit it or something.  You may be pleasantly surprised.   icon_biggrin
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »

I haven't even bothered to finish unlocking all the games yet.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:45:18 PM »

Hehehe, I hear you on that.  It took everything I could to unlock all the games in two days time when we first got it.  smile

Now I am playing some of the games a lot - almost every day in fact.  Weirdness?  Or just normal DZ-related shenanigans?  I just could not tell you.  smile  I don't know the actual names of most of the games included in Wii Play, that's gotta account for something, as I refuse to believe my taste in games is just bad.  smile
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »

I could use a 3rd controller (gawd more batteries...eeek  icon_eek), and I might have to get this someday I have $75 to burn (so I have a $20 leftover)

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »

Wii Play is also available used, without the controller, now.  I picked it up a few weeks ago and had a very good time playing with my daughter.  Even played by myself a few times, but its definitely more fun multiplayer.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:16:11 AM »

I needed another controller and just went and grabbed the Wii Play bundle.  I played through the games in about an hour and haven't touched it since.  I was excited about the fishing game but when I saw what it actually was I was very sad.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:32:41 AM »

This was a mostly worthless collection of games to me.  If I had a friend who needed another Wiimote and was thinking of picking this up, I would tell them to save the $10 and get one without WiiPlay. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 01:23:30 AM »

I like it better than Wii Sports - So F you all!!  icon_biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: