http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 05:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratchet & Clank : Into The Nexus  (Read 381 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »

Insomniac Games is teasing something on the Playstation Facebook page.  There's an image of a warp-gate looking thing with the words "When Worlds Collide - Heroes Return".  Given the "worlds collide" bit and the fact that the image looks similar to a jump gate from Jak & Daxter, people are speculating that this might be a Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter crossover game.  However, the J&D jump gate image is rather generic and Insomniac devs have been spotted playing something called "Ratchet & Clank : Into The Nexus", so it's probably just another Ratchet & Clank game (with possible cameos from other Sony franchises).  IGN is supposed to have the reveal in the next few days.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:47:30 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »

I would prefer Daxter & Clank over Ratchet & Jak.

As long as this is better than that lame crossover Move game that came out a little while back.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »

Nope

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/traditional-ratchet-clank-is-back-with-into-the-nexus

$30 on PS3 this fall
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:16:44 AM by leo8877 » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:51 AM »

There was a not so subtle hint from an Insomniac staffer that basically said that there is a PS4 version of this.

Also, some people who work at Sony have said that there are some "awesome" completely new IP not related to this announcement coming out. They were mistaken in thinking that this announcement would be those unannounced IPs and started blabbing on places lik neogaf, but their posts were taken down. Kinda funny.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:44:12 AM by Turtle » Logged
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:46:31 AM »

I'm always up for more Ratchet, but a Jak & Daxter crossover would have been awesome.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

$30? Think it will be short?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on July 11, 2013, 03:57:12 AM

$30? Think it will be short?

That Pirate one was DL only for $14.99 and it wasn't too short. So I imagine this one will be around 8-10 hours, based purely on speculation and Insomniac's history.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »

free Booty with purchase.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »

I decided to pull myself away from the PS4 so I didn't have this partially finished for a while. Finished on Legend difficulty, which was pretty challenging at first, but once I started powering up my weapons and armor it started to feel a lot like normal. I got the RYNO as well, although it was not terribly useful against the final boss.

I'm not sure how long I played, I think around 8-9 hours getting all collectibles but not fully leveling 3 or 4 of the weapons. The weapons are for the most part variations of things you've seen before, with the exception of maybe the gun that shoots out a monster to scare enemies and one that is very specific to the enemies in this game. Mr. Zurkon is as fun as ever and now has a complete family.

Mostly it felt like a $30 Ratchet game. 4 planets + an arena, and each planet was maybe a little smaller in scope that most R&C planets. Fun, but it does feel like a scaled down experience. Still, it's fun if you like these games and the new Clank segments are like a 2D indie game but more interesting than the 2D Qwark segments that were in one previous game. As usual there's challenge mode when you finish the game, and while I wouldn't mind getting the platinum, I don't know that I'm going to go through the whole game again right now.

There's also some nice segments that call back to all the games in R&C series, even the PS2 ones.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

I beat the game this morning and my thoughts are similar to Teggy. I love Ratchet and Clank games and this one is definitely good, but it is scaled down and I'm glad I got it for $15 rather than the $30 asking price. If I didn't have 20 other games to play and a PS4 I would go back through and platinum the game, but for now that will have to wait.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

I need to find this on sale for that price. Thinking of cracking open the Collection for a replay which I picked up cheap on T-Day.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:36 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on January 02, 2014, 05:43:07 PM

I need to find this on sale for that price. Thinking of cracking open the Collection for a replay which I picked up cheap on T-Day.

I got it on the PSN Holiday sale for $15, I don't think it's still up at that price though.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »

I'd probably wait for a disc sale. My net sucks too much to make any kind of use of the PSN+ stuff so it's not worth the headache right now.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: