http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 11:14:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratchet and Clank UYA  (Read 5697 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2004, 10:55:09 PM »

What kind of people are playing this game
I am more the Tom Clancy, socom,
Call of duty, MoH type of player
what is there for me to like this game?

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2004, 11:52:16 PM »

You get to use guns. That's about it.

I'm not a fan of any of those games you mentioned and I LOVE R&C.

It might not be what you're looking for.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2004, 01:00:09 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"

You get to use guns. That's about it.

I'm not a fan of any of those games you mentioned and I LOVE R&C.

It might not be what you're looking for.

hey, i am a fan of those games (some of them) he mentioned and i love R&C too.  Tongue

juniordan, it's all about action.  if you like fast paced action games with lots of stuff to shoot at and a large variety of weapons, you'll like R&C.  if you like a variety of gameplay types, you'll like R&C.  

if, however, you like the more slower paced, methodical, realistic, strategic, stealthy, modern-day, ww2, fps games, you might be put off by all the action.  

me personally, it's all about balance.  if you saw my collection, that's what you would see.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2004, 01:30:38 AM »

Hello all! Just wanted everyone to know that I finished Rachet and Clank: Going Commando! It rocked smile Took me just shy of 20 hours. Going to get through Jak 2 and Sly Cooper and Halo 2 and all the other stuff before I try Up Your Arsenal, but I am pleased I got it done.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2004, 04:34:21 PM »

I'm doing the same thing as Rage.  Got a few hours into GC right now and am having an absolute blast.  After that, it's Jak 2 (and maybe Sly 1 now), followed by UYA, Jak 3 (and Sly 2 if I like pt 1)
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2004, 12:11:50 AM »

Sky-diving needs to be in every game from here on out. Its just too cool.

I agree with ya Kevin... That is fun stuff..

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2004, 07:12:59 PM »

OK, had to post here.  
Right now I'm working on GC. (Get that backlog down before the 16th  :wink: )

But Damn, there are points in this game where it slows to a crawl.  That stupid horribly designed level when you first get the $250k armor (Designer: Hey Fred, let's make a really long level, with tougher than hell enemies that take multiple rockets every 25 feet, and if you die anyway along this strip, you have to start all over again!  :evil:   WTF?!?!) nearly killed this game for me.  Other than those moments occasionally popping up, God this series has to have the best arsenal ever.  I Still use the Blitz cannon, the multi-stars, etc.  The onyl weapon in this game I NEVER use is the bomb glove from RC1.   (Why bother, I have the nuke glove!)

So, what is everyone's favorite weapon in this series?  The multi-stars just might be mine for the ability to launch several in succession, and boogie-ing away from the scene while they chop guys apart.

[and The minute UYA drops in price, I'm all over it.  As it is, my game budget is gasping already.]

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2004, 08:08:55 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"

So, what is everyone's favorite weapon in this series?  

Well I'm only in R&C 1, so my opinion is limited, but so far my favorite is the Doom Glove. I LOVE lauching a couple of those into a room before I enter it, and watching those little critters run after the baddies. Their evil little laugh cracks me up every time.

[and The minute UYA drops in price, I'm all over it.  As it is, my game budget is gasping already.]

I traded San Andreas (didn't like it) at swapyourgames.com and got UYA for $1.00 shipped smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2004, 08:30:56 PM »

Unfortunately, SYG has increased their minimum trade price to 5 bucks, which really pisses me off frown

Anyways, my favorite weapon is the blitz cannon, and I too will be all over UYA as soon as I have some more time-too many games right now. its just crazy.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2004, 01:04:19 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Unfortunately, SYG has increased their minimum trade price to 5 bucks, which really pisses me off frown

Damn, that sucks, but I guess I should've seen it coming. He's paying postage both ways, so maybe he was losing money.  I'll bet people were doing what I was doing, which is to match the game I'm trading as close as possible to the game I'm getting. Most of my trades so far were in the $1 to $3 range, and after postage, I guess he wasn't making any money.

The service is an amateur job anyway (I think it's just one guy running it out of his house). There's no accounts, the site doesn't remember you, there's no Help or information on anything at all on the site, just an email address. I was holding my breath for the first few trades, hoping I'd get it. So far so good, but it's got a ways to go.

If it gets to be no different than trading elsewhere, I'll stop using it.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2004, 05:06:13 AM »

I haven't played UYA yet, but my favorite from the first two games is the Plasma Storm.   I love how it mows down herds of Protopets with one shot.  Also, it's fun to toss out a bouncer bomb and a Plasma Storm when there are lots of enemies on-screen and try to get the frame rate to drop slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
GargoyleBoy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2004, 07:23:43 PM »

I just finished GC after a long hiatus (I was playing other games after I got tired of whacking things for bolts over and over to get the 3.5 million I needed to max out my weapons and armor).

My question on UYA is:  If I have my GC saved game, can I upload my GC weapons/armor like I could at the beginning of GC?

Or do they start you from scratch again?

I guess while I'm here I should point out that my favorite weapon from GC is the R.Y.N.O. II.  there ain't much that thing can't kill, and I mowed down the final boss with it in under 30 seconds.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2004, 07:36:30 PM »

I read in a review that you can get the weapons from GC and the first game free in UYA if you have a save from those games on your memory card.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
GargoyleBoy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2004, 03:15:31 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I read in a review that you can get the weapons from GC and the first game free in UYA if you have a save from those games on your memory card.

Sweet.

If this becomes a trend in sequel games, I'm completely behind it.  Makes me feel like all that "work" had a purpose.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2004, 03:19:46 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"

Whoa, that's cool. When I finish R&C 1, can I take my stuff into GC?
Valhuerdi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2004, 03:23:40 PM »

Whoa, that's cool. When I finish R&C 1, can I take my stuff into GC?

Kind of.  There's a store, I think on either the second or fourth level, that lets you purchase weapons from the first game.  If you have saved data from R&C on your memory card, you can get them for free.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2004, 03:48:41 PM »

To get the R&C 1 stuff in UYA, your RYC 1 save has to be two years old or thereabouts. Otherwise the only thing you unlock is the original Ratchet skin.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2004, 03:50:17 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
To get the R&C 1 stuff in UYA, your RYC 1 save has to be two years old or thereabouts. Otherwise the only thing you unlock is the original Ratchet skin.

What on earth is the reasoning behind that? so you can't just copy your friend's save or something?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: