http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:35:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow Six Vegas 2  (Read 21995 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »

http://gamebattles.com/r6v2/
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »

I got the last unreserved copy at Gamestop last night and tried to hop online for a few warmup games.  It appears that not that many people were able to get the game yesterday, because it took 20 minutes for the room to fill up.  I downloaded the 2 bonus maps so that may be why people were having trouble joining my game. 

I played a little bit of solo terrorrist hunt and discovered that I am very rusty.  icon_biggrin

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 19, 2008, 01:59:25 AM

Quote from: msduncan on March 19, 2008, 01:33:16 AM

I'm on a business trip out of town.   I have my preorder waiting for me tomorrow when I get back in town.

Hark, Sky and the regulars from COD4 --  I'm guessing you guys will be all over multiplay tomorrow night?  biggrin

I will have it by then, except I'm going to have to learn how to play 1 handed. 

Was that elected surgery to have Demon-flesh embedded into your arm so you could use demon grapple and get EVEN BETTER at games? No sympathy on the pain, mister Hand-Modder.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 19, 2008, 12:09:03 PM

I got the last unreserved copy at Gamestop last night and tried to hop online for a few warmup games.  It appears that not that many people were able to get the game yesterday, because it took 20 minutes for the room to fill up.  I downloaded the 2 bonus maps so that may be why people were having trouble joining my game. 

I played a little bit of solo terrorrist hunt and discovered that I am very rusty.  icon_biggrin

yeah, last night it was me, Hark and Skystride for awhile with a couple of people rotating in, so basically for the most part it was me watching Skystride and Harkonis kill each other  icon_wink  I didn't even realize there was a second map out until we changed maps and I got kicked and told by the game to download it.

I found out I'm pretty rusty too after I unloaded a whole clip and most of my grenades to get Skystride once last night.  It's cool that they let you change your armor on the fly this time around, instead of having to leave the game like you did in the first Vegas.

ps.  is it bad that I've started referring to my single player AI teammates as 'bait'?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »

Out of curiosity, when someone sets up a multiplayer game, can it be set for just Friends to join?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 19, 2008, 02:41:03 PM

Out of curiosity, when someone sets up a multiplayer game, can it be set for just Friends to join?

No, just like before you can reserve slots for invitation only, but not just for friends and invititations.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 19, 2008, 02:41:03 PM

Not sure but I will find out tonight.  I was only trying to create ranked games last night.  In retropect that was a mistake because at the conclusion of each game it dumps everybody back out to Live after every round.  I had forgotten about that.

*Edit.  Harkonis beat me to it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:57:24 PM by denoginizer » Logged

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 19, 2008, 09:22:16 AM

Is anyone from GT going to create a team?

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 19, 2008, 03:13:45 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 19, 2008, 09:22:16 AM

Is anyone from GT going to create a team?
Nice of you to volunteer!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »

Hey guys, as I am playing through the first one I have some questions.

- Is there a way to have your guys follow you?  Or do you have to tell them where to go always?

- Do you guys normally put them on infiltrate, or do you let them go on assault and have all the fun?

- Is the gameplay idea that you set them up tactically and then take out the bad guys silently?

Thanks!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 19, 2008, 04:49:06 PM

- Is there a way to have your guys follow you?  Or do you have to tell them where to go always?

Hitting down on the d-pad tells them to follow you or hold position.  I usually leave the guys on assault and as far as I can tell there's no real 'silent' option.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 19, 2008, 04:54:09 PM

Hitting down on the d-pad tells them to follow you or hold position.  I usually leave the guys on assault and as far as I can tell there's no real 'silent' option.

Sweet, thanks CeeKay!
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »

- Do you guys normally put them on infiltrate, or do you let them go on assault and have all the fun?

- Is the gameplay idea that you set them up tactically and then take out the bad guys silently?

Thanks!

Also, putting your silencer on will cause them to put theirs on.  You can also snake cam the door, and use the back button to 'tag' targets (up to two) for them to priority takedown.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on March 19, 2008, 05:15:01 PM

Thanks!

Also, putting your silencer on will cause them to put theirs on.  You can also snake cam the door, and use the back button to 'tag' targets (up to two) for them to priority takedown.

there's silencers?   icon_redface

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »

Nope.  <puts silencer on and shoots Ceekay in the back>

Damn man!  Who's shooting at you??

Pikachu, I Blame you!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »

Is it just me or is the voice command feature almost unusable in the R6 games on the 360?  I practically have to shove the damn mic down my throat to be heard by my AI teammates...and even then my calls of "Go, Go, Go" are almost always met with either "Roger that, holding" or "Weapon's Free!".  The remaining time my teammates respond approximately 2 to 3 minutes AFTER i give the command.   icon_confused

...of course, it COULD be that I'm a mush mouth...but I'd have thought this would've been pointed out to me by NOW, for cryin' out loud!   icon_biggrin

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:15:41 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 19, 2008, 06:13:34 PM

Isit rumfle me or stay here the 6 games on the 360?  Something about a pancake.  There maining me my tmmates ond prox 2 to 3 minutes niner alpha give the command no strawberries

...of course, it COULD hold weapons free out me NOW, for yin'!   icon_biggrin

Weapons free!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »

icon_lol icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2008, 07:15:56 PM »

Is it just me or is the voice command feature almost unusable in the R6 games on the 360?  I practically have to shove the damn mic down my throat to be heard by my AI teammates...and even then my calls of "Go, Go, Go" are almost always met with either "Roger that, holding" or "Weapon's Free!".  The remaining time my teammates respond approximately 2 to 3 minutes AFTER i give the command.   icon_confused

...of course, it COULD be that I'm a mush mouth...but I'd have thought this would've been pointed out to me by NOW, for cryin' out loud!   icon_biggrin

I should read the manual-  I ddin't realize they had put voice commands into this one.  First I need to figure out whose shooting at me though.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »

Sick today, so I will be picking up my reserve copy tomorrow. Guess more CoV grind for me tonight.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 19, 2008, 07:15:56 PM

I should read the manual-  I ddin't realize they had put voice commands into this one.  First I need to figure out whose shooting at me though.

There were voice commands in the last one too.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 19, 2008, 08:04:30 PM

Sick today, so I will be picking up my reserve copy tomorrow. Guess more CoV grind for me tonight.

bah, I was sick yesterday and still managed to drag myself into the store to get my copy you wuss!  Tongue

Because I can,
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

Ut oh.  Beware the wayward grenade, CK.  Soulchilde is merciless.  He still holds a grudge against me for shooting his mech (by accident) a few dozen times in Chromehounds, and that was ages ago.

I started my little career last night.  I'm not very far in, but I'm really enjoying the game so far.  Then again, I knew I would.  I am curious about these bonus maps others are talking about.  Are they available to everyone?  If so, where do I go to dl them?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »

Maybe I am spoiled from CoD4, but I don't know guys, I am not too impressed with R6V2 at the moment. The XBOX Live multiplayer is still ridiculously clunky (do they really need to bounce me back to the main screen after EVERY ranked game? Can we not just continue playing with the same guys like almost every other FPS lets you? Can we get some sort of basic "kill cam" that shows how in the world I died? Your character also feels like he is moving through molasses and isn't always as responsive as he should be.

I played the hell out of the first R6V, but after a few hours of gameplay online, so far, this one can't hold CoD4's jock.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »

I think there is an option to turn on killcam in the server setup.  I agree that after playing, Halo 3, CoD4, and The Club I have to seriously readjust my style to play RB6.  It certainly is slower and more tactical.  It's going to take some time to get used too.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »

While I agree that mp is very clunky, clearing rooms after every ranked battle makes sense to me.  If it's for rank, you don't want to have people playing the same opponents repeatedly because that skews the TrueSkill ratings.  Obviously if you're kicking ass you want to keep kicking the same people's asses if it's ranked.  However, your rating and theirs may have changed due to said ass-kicking so you shouldn't be playing against them again.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2008, 01:58:05 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 20, 2008, 01:53:09 PM

While I agree that mp is very clunky, clearing rooms after every ranked battle makes sense to me.  If it's for rank, you don't want to have people playing the same opponents repeatedly because that skews the TrueSkill ratings.  Obviously if you're kicking ass you want to keep kicking the same people's asses if it's ranked.  However, your rating and theirs may have changed due to said ass-kicking so you shouldn't be playing against them again.

Fair enough, but it's not an issue with CoD4. How about instituting an auto search, that automatically finds you another game, once you finish the one you just played? Saves time, streamlines the experience a bit, and certainly would make the gamers happy. I know last night I heard a lot of bitching about it bouncing you back to the main menu.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »

Quote from: jblank on March 20, 2008, 01:58:05 PM

Fair enough, but it's not an issue with CoD4. How about instituting an auto search, that automatically finds you another game, once you finish the one you just played? Saves time, streamlines the experience a bit, and certainly would make the gamers happy. I know last night I heard a lot of bitching about it bouncing you back to the main menu.

You're right that it shuold auto search to keep you playing until you decide not to.  To be fair to R6 though, the reason it wasn't a problem in COD4 is because it doesn't use any ranking system or TrueSkill to match up people by their skill level.  There really is no ranked match on COD4, just public vs private options.  R6 has public, private and ranked.  I generally just play on public servers when not in a private party, I couldn't care less about my rank since you get xp in all modes it's not like COD where you have to play a certain mode to advance.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 20, 2008, 02:28:08 PM

You're right that it shuold auto search to keep you playing until you decide not to.  To be fair to R6 though, the reason it wasn't a problem in COD4 is because it doesn't use any ranking system or TrueSkill to match up people by their skill level.  There really is no ranked match on COD4, just public vs private options.  R6 has public, private and ranked.  I generally just play on public servers when not in a private party, I couldn't care less about my rank since you get xp in all modes it's not like COD where you have to play a certain mode to advance.

It is my understanding from some people at the Charlie Oscar Delta forums, that it in fact DOES use a background ranking and statistical system to determine matches.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »

What does ranked matches get you?  Is it just the ladder ranking?  If that is all, then I don't care.  May as well stick to non-ranked matches.
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »

Quote from: skystride on March 20, 2008, 02:42:47 PM

What does ranked matches get you?  Is it just the ladder ranking?  If that is all, then I don't care.  May as well stick to non-ranked matches.

there are a couple of achievements based of ranked games

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »

Well, I'll have my copy this evening.  I'll be playing SP tonite and I'll be up for some co-op SP, but I won't be dipping into T-hunt or MP til I finish sp.

Btw, Hark and Kato.  Me and CoV miss you.   Jarrod time to stop resisting and play.  I've got the itch since I love my Ninja Mastermind.  Need to take screen shoot me and my boys smile  thumbsup

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »

Quote from: jblank on March 20, 2008, 02:31:03 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 20, 2008, 02:28:08 PM

It is my understanding from some people at the Charlie Oscar Delta forums, that it in fact DOES use a background ranking and statistical system to determine matches.

I highly doubt it does and have plenty of hours of proof in playing.  I routinely was grouped with people who either had just started or couldn't play well at all.  We had several matches where it put everyone that was decent against everyone who was horrible.   If it used any ranking or stats to match people those wouldn't happen.  People were theorizing that it used a ranking system in the background when the game came out but nobody ever had proof it did. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 20, 2008, 03:05:28 PM

Well, I'll have my copy this evening.  I'll be playing SP tonite and I'll be up for some co-op SP, but I won't be dipping into T-hunt or MP til I finish sp.

Btw, Hark and Kato.  Me and CoV miss you.   Jarrod time to stop resisting and play.  I've got the itch since I love my Ninja Mastermind.  Need to take screen shoot me and my boys smile  thumbsup

I've logged in several times but haven't seen you on so I keep firing up R6.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »

This game seriously needs a kill-cam. 
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 20, 2008, 03:09:02 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 20, 2008, 03:05:28 PM

I've logged in several times but haven't seen you on so I keep firing up R6.

Saw you on Vent last night, but I was only online for about 30 minutes, so I didn't bother you.  I did get your message on Live, but I didn't get a chance to listen to it.  Should be online somewhere this evening

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2008, 03:23:19 PM »

so, I was playing SP last night and one of my AI team mates actually died without me being given a chance to heal him.  My guys in the first Vegas never died, they occasionally went down and needed to be healed but never outright killed.....  I guess I can't use them as bait anymore  icon_frown

Last night I discovered my new puppy gets seriously freaked out when I play on XBL and talk over the mic to people he can't see.  He sat next to me, staring and would occasionally grab at my arm with his paw while whining.  It's the first time I've really played on XBL since I got him, so hopefully it's just a phase.  It did take him awhile to get used the to TV- he still occasionally growls at it and my PC monitor, so I'm figuring it's just young puppy 'wtf-ness'.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »

Maybe it was a head shot, CeeKay?
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »

Woulda joined you last night Hark but I was on the way to bed. I stayed up too late as it was checking out some stuff  icon_wink.

Overall I am impressed with single player, even if it is MOTS. Its great to get back to some tactical shooting (even if its not up to par with say, Raven Shield).

The one ranked match I played was alright. Graphics are improved over V1, but still not as nice as COD4 (which I play on the PC, so not sure how it stacks up against the 360 version). Had a bit of lag but nothing awful.

+1 for Streets, great port of a great map.

Looking forward to Coop quite a bit, but I doubt Versus will knock COD4 off in my mind (as good as XBL is, it still pales in comparison to PC browser/server setup).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 20, 2008, 03:24:54 PM

Maybe it was a head shot, CeeKay?

could have been, Super Mario knows they seem to be getting me down in one shot alot in this version (stupid Raging Bull sniper pistol  icon_lol)- it was just surprising as I never lost a guy like that in the first game.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: