http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 09:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow 6: Lockdown demo is out.  (Read 477 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:39:18 AM »

My hopes and dreams dies upon hearing the Rainbow Six theme turned into a speed rock song :cry:

Still, I soldiered on, hoping maybe it was just a bad choice in music, much like Force Commanders 'remixes' of John Williams.

I was wrong.... so wrong... it was like watching Santa Claus rape my mother.....

Sure, there is a briefing.. there is an equipment selection page... but the briefing ends with 'RAINBOW SIX OUT!' and when I first looked at my teams default load out my heart fell even more.  One of my guys was defaulted to a M-60.  One of the primary weapon choices was a grenade launcher.  I had no choice in teammates.

The first level.. very linear, you can run and gun.  I must have gotten hit several times and only lost one bar of health.  Yes, you have health bars.  I looked at my ammo count. 400+ rounds.  Graphics wise it's below that of SWAT 4.

Gone is the old Rainbow Six.  As others have said this is no Rainbow Six game.  Someone at Red Storm has released a mod for Unreal Tournament and slapped the R6 name on it.

Daddy.. why is Santa doing that to mommy?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:49:32 AM »

I am about to try it out, but that does not sound good CK.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »

One would think with a title as excellent as this game has...

the game would be one of the best creations in the history of man.

Very very disappointed to hear it.  First they destroy my favorite game of all time (Ghost Recon) and now they go and do this.

It is a very sad day.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Very very disappointed to hear it.  First they destroy my favorite game of all time (Ghost Recon) and now they go and do this.

First... R6: Lockdown: Yes, it's absolutely fucking terrible.

And while you're thinking about just how terrible this demo is, try and imagine this: The xbox version was worse. Yes, that's right, it was even worse than the drivel you saw in this PC demo.

Just.. awful. So very awful.

And not to drag this up again.. but..

Ghost Recon 2 still plays very much like the original. It's just that people choose to ignore it over a camera change and the loss of one feature, that being the ability to use the map to command a second squad.

My one huge negative for GR2 is that they never released a PC version. I do think they jumped up a few notches on the asshole meter for that.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: