http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rage doesn't like Ghost Recon2  (Read 928 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2005, 08:02:04 PM »

Thats right! I rented it from gamefly finally, and I do not like it. The controls are clunky and unresponsive, the over the shoulder perspective is awful, the first person is better, but its still hard to spot enemies-maybe a larger tv is needed, but I think its the fact that everything is so muddy and blurred that it seems like the enemies are right on you before you see them, even zoomed in. Aiming and all that isn't THAT bad, but still doesnt much the sheer refined joy of Halo or Halo2 for useability.

The guns shoot like absolute peashooters-sometimes taking 5 or 10 rounds to take down a tango. Now, I'm not an expert but I was a military history major and have gotten a chance to fire an CAR16 and a few other rifles, and while I know that the 5.56 mm ammo had a tendency to punch right through targets and do minimal damage, I had assumed some of this problem was corrected with the M-4 and the newer M-16s since the debacles of the early 90's. Anyways, historical segue for another topic perhaps. The other problem is that the enemies can see you long before you see them, and since its difficult to make out anythign since the game is so muddy looking you end up taking fire with no clue what is going on other than the firigin indicators.

The story seems competent and interesting, but the game is difficult and would have been infinitely better on the PC. I only played a couple hours, but I see no need to spend any more time on it. When they get this right, and release it on PC I will be all over it.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 11:32:04 PM »

Rage never likes anything :-)

Although I'm with you on this one - it just doesn't click for me on any level.  That said, I also tried out Republic Commando today and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 03:19:02 AM »

I went through the game and killed almost every tango I saw in two to three shots. As long as I was on target they dropped.

Also, the graphics are nice and clear on my TV. Which version did you play? PS2 or Xbox? I never have an issue spotting enemies and taking them out.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 03:48:41 AM »

Xbox version, on my admittedly shitty 29 inch panasonic. Booting it up again to give it another try. Reporting back soon.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Xbox version, on my admittedly shitty 29 inch panasonic. Booting it up again to give it another try. Reporting back soon.

Do you have it hooked up with at least S-video cables?

If you don't like the game you don't like it, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. I was just confused by the muddy visuals comment. I play with a good bunch of guys every monday night now, and they're all amazed how well the game came out on the Xbox. Most of them were waiting on the mythical PC version of the game, but myself and one or two others convinced them all to give it a shot.

Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 01:39:45 PM »

I personally loved the graphics.  My only gripe are the mp issues, although I haven't downloaded the patch yet.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »

Ok tried again for a while last night. Still think it controls poorly, the crosshairs seem to take longer than GR1 to center, aiming is so-so. I still think the graphics are muddy and bland, and I honestly just don't like the translation to the console. Oh well, no big deal, its not for everyone I am sure!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 06:11:35 PM »

I had it months back, and while I enjoyed what was done right. It was a buggy mess.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 01:52:09 AM »

Quote from: "Qbert"
I personally loved the graphics.  My only gripe are the mp issues, although I haven't downloaded the patch yet.

The patch is due out tomorrow, along with new guns, weapons, maps, character skins, etc, all to go along with the updates made to the game's interface.

Should be really cool.

I look forward to the interface updates more than anything else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: