http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:17:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rachet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal Review!  (Read 3058 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2004, 05:37:35 PM »

Woot! first review! IGN has  http://ps2.ign.com/articles/561/561352p1.html the review and they give the game 9.6!! Sounds absolutely awesome.

Personally, I just started Going Commando yesterday and love it so far. Hope I can finish it before this comes out on November 2nd!

Read the conclusion:
"Of course the most common debate among PlayStation 2 gamers these days is "Which is better, Ratchet 3 or Jak 3?" And while I'll leave that debate up to each individual player once both games have been released, I can safely say that Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is easily the single best effort in that entire series of titles so far. Granted, it would have been a close race if not for the inclusion of Ratchet's online mode, but once that feature has been considered it's all over -- the sheer amount of fun you'll have when playing against seven other people in the ten different maps and various gameplay modes here is almost immeasurable -- it's that damn good.

But what impresses me most about Up Your Arsenal is the fact that the single-player adventure didn't suffer in the least. It's just as entertaining, interesting, and fun as the online segment. What's more, is that Ratchet 3 can be picked up and played by just about anyone and be enjoyed equally; offering a viable Christmas alternative for people that are apprehensive about the curse-ridden violent opus that is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It's only real detriment is the fact that it's a bit on the easy side (easier than Going Commando), but that's really about it. The rest is all gravy, and an unabashed must-own for every PS2 gamer with a pulse. Enjoy! "
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 05:42:40 PM »

IN!!!!!!!!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 05:47:37 PM »

In, eventually. Waaaay too much on the playlist right now. I want to play the first two before this one anyway. Anyone have an idea how long the R&C 1 and 2 take to complete?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »

If you are good at platformers, the first one will take you 15-20 hours. the second one i am only 1.5 hours in..I will let you know on Sunday smile
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 05:59:21 PM »

This goes to the front of the line!!

I finished the second one in about 20 hours and I suck at everything!

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 06:10:52 PM »

Already Preordered!

Also, both PSM and GMR gave UYA 10/10.  

The first game took me 17 hours to complete- the second game  19 hours.  Very lengthy for platformers.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 06:26:04 PM »

I'm a little more interested in Jak 3 at this point, but we'll see...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 06:35:57 PM »

I am interested in Jak3 as well, but not until I get some quality play time with a 19.99 copy of Jak2 first smile
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 06:54:42 PM »

You know, I really wish some of these other awesome platformers would come out on XBox.  Sly Cooper, Jak, Rachet and Clank, etc.   For some reason I just can't bring myself to buy a PS2 even though there are all these games on there I want to play.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 07:13:08 PM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
You know, I really wish some of these other awesome platformers would come out on XBox.  Sly Cooper, Jak, Rachet and Clank, etc.   For some reason I just can't bring myself to buy a PS2 even though there are all these games on there I want to play.

Considering all three are published by Sony you'll be waiting a long time  :wink:

Personally I prefer the Jak series to Ratchet and Clank but realize I'm in the minority in that.  Both series are incredible though.  Whether to play Jak 3 or Halo 2 first is actually a tough choice for me.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 07:14:19 PM »

Come to the dark side Engine. Its happier over here bask in the warm joy of PS2 goodness.

Ascendent
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 07:17:39 PM »

So far in, its uncomfortable.. Frankly.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 07:43:58 PM »

I love my xbox, but I consider my recent PSTwo purchase a great, great score. There are sooooo many good games for it, and it opens up so many options. I love being able to pick from anything that comes out for PC, PS2, or xbox, without having to wait a year.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 08:04:25 PM »

how so hankraptor?  how does it compare to GC?  loved that one enough to play through twice.  great game and lots of replay.  isn't UYA supposed to be better?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 08:24:02 PM »

Quote from: "Caine"
how so hankraptor?  how does it compare to GC?  loved that one enough to play through twice.  great game and lots of replay.  isn't UYA supposed to be better?

I found Hank's comment confusing at first too.

He hasn't played it- Instead of saying just "IN" like others in this and other threads he's effectively saying he's "Really, Really, IN" as in he can't wait for UYA to come out.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 08:32:58 PM »

R&C:GC was an almost perfect game, so for UYA I am so IN.  biggrin

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 08:35:45 PM »

yeah, that makes sense.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 08:39:19 PM »

Hank didn't use the standard CG Copyright "IN!!!".

The quotes and exclamation points are optional but the caps are not.  :wink:

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 09:37:52 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Hank didn't use the standard CG Copyright "IN!!!".

The quotes and exclamation points are optional but the caps are not.  :wink:

Actually, I think it's a devil quote, not a CG trademark thing. slywink
Saw a preview for this game, and it looked like it's going to be a lot of fun.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 09:47:10 PM »

I played through Ratchet & Clank: GC three times. In the last twenty years of gaming, I haven't played through a game three times. I no longer get overly revved up for a game but this is an exception.

I've got my deposit on Arsenal and I can't wait. I'l be taking time off from work.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 09:51:43 PM »

Actually, I think it's a devil quote...

I had NOTHING to do with that!  :wink:

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 10:48:33 PM »

I didnt want to use Devil's TRADEMARK...  I was worried about trademark lawsuits. But yes IM IN IN IN IN...  So deep I can taste it.. R and C ROCK

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 11:51:03 PM »

It is a gift for all to use, Hank!!  :wink:

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 01:41:38 PM »

Me three.  Sly Cooper is one of the only resons I would ever buy a PS2.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2004, 03:10:15 PM »

Quote from: "Beer Goggles"

Me three.  Sly Cooper is one of the only resons I would ever buy a PS2.

Yeah, and I find it hard to spend that $150 on a new console (that will soon be outdated) when there are only a couple games that I really want to play on that system.  Especially when there aren't really any other games that I absolutely need to play since I get most of my other fixes on PC and XBox.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2004, 01:35:06 PM »

I am in the same boat as far as the PS2 goes.  There are a few games I am dying to play, but jeez, that system is dated.  Having a hard time.  If it was $99, that would help.  

If Killzone would have been good, I might have jumped, but now I hear it is crap.  I have never played Jak or Sly or Ratchet because I am not a fan of platformers at all.  Jumping to me is not playing.  But that's just me.  I don't like Solitaire either, so, nobody be upset please.

If they drop the price to $99 tomorrow, I would probably buy one.  As it stands, I will most likely just wait til next holiday season and grab the PS3.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2004, 05:49:07 PM »

MikeG, I know you have had doubts about the PS2 for a while, and I still recommend you get it. I know 150 isn't chump change, I understand that, but the system has SO MANY potential games. I seem to remember you dont really care for RPGs, right? Well, list a couple of genres you are fond of and lets see if we can find you seomthing you might like smile

I can't wait to get the new PSTwo this week so I can finish up Rachet 2 and buy UYA smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: