http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R6: Vegas is the best game on the 360!  (Read 1223 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »

In the past 4 weeks I've played nearly all the supposedly good titles on the 360 (taking full advantage of GameStop's used game return policy slywink). I played GoW, Lost Planet, Crackdown, Marvel: UA, Splinter Cell: DA, on top of most of the good games in 2006 before I lost my 360. Basically what I'm saying is, I've played just about every worthwhile game on the 360. A few days ago I bought R6: Vegas, just beat it tonight, and I must say this is by and far the best game I've played on the 360, this is what GoW wishes it could have been in terms of being an all-around awesome game. Seriously, there is not a single department where this game does not blow the shit out of the competition. I don't even want to begin going into detail because this post will become 8 paragraphs long, I simply haven't played a good console FPS like this since Goldeneye on the N64. And I haven't even tried the MP mode out yet! I hope Ubisoft Montreal received all the credit they deserved for this gem, they certainly deserve it. R6: Vegas is one of the best games I've played in the past few years and my top game on the 360 =)

R6 > GoW

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:04:36 AM »

Glad you liked it.  There are some really fun things in multi.  One of which is co-op through the campaign.....it is a blast and you will have to join us sometime in the shooting ATB fest....I mean.....err........random shooting of each other....yeah that's it

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:36:34 AM »

Seriously.  I'm real close to agreeing with you.  Check the thread on the mp forum and play with us this weekend.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

This thread is such lies.

I'll tell you everything that's wrong with r6 multi: Spawn Camping.  This is my first encounter with this gameplay tactic.

I played some R6 multi last night and the other team was obviously more skilled than mine.  Rather than make it competitive by giving us a chance, they camped the spawn locations with their best players and killed us almost immediately after respawn. For the whole time. In both matches.  Boy that's a helluva good time right there.

I actually might be done with the game myself as attempting to rank up in such circumstances is intolerable, but I'm glad you've found a title that resonates so well with you.

Different Strokes for Different whatevs.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 12:15:20 PM »

Yeah. No. Its an excellent game and a brilliant reinvention of the series on the console. Its not the best title on the 360 though.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 06, 2007, 12:15:20 PM

Yeah. No. Its an excellent game and a brilliant reinvention of the series on the console. Its not the best title on the 360 though.

We agree. Dead Rising is.  ninja
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 06, 2007, 12:18:02 PM

Quote from: Calvin on April 06, 2007, 12:15:20 PM

We agree. Dead Rising is.  ninja

Then no, we do not agree, noob biggrin
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »

I agree!  It's still my favorite title...although GH2 is giving it a run for its money.  GoW is close and hopefully the new multiplayer modes (if free) will give it a nice boost.  But the control scheme in RB6 is simply divine.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 06, 2007, 12:07:31 PM

I played some R6 multi last night and the other team was obviously more skilled than mine.  Rather than make it competitive by giving us a chance, they camped the spawn locations with their best players and killed us almost immediately after respawn. For the whole time. In both matches.  Boy that's a helluva good time right there.

I would have switched servers right after I saw this pattern in the first match.  I really like games that put controls in place so people cannot spawn camp.

That said, I agree with Ridah.  R6:V > GoW

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

I'll tell you everything that's wrong with r6 multi: Spawn Camping.  This is my first encounter with this gameplay tactic.

I actually might be done with the game myself as attempting to rank up in such circumstances is intolerable, but I'm glad you've found a title that resonates so well with you.

I prefer survival, and there's no spawn camping in survival since you never spawn
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 06, 2007, 04:14:57 PM

I prefer survival, and there's no spawn camping in survival since you never spawn

It can also unfortunately be very slow, and the still overpowered grenade spam can cause some frustration.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 08:04:49 PM »

So how is coop on the same system? Split-screen I assume? Will we still have a third NPC squad mate? Is the coop campaign the same as single player?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »

split screen and NO npc teammate

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 03:48:17 AM »

Well, I wouldn't call it -my- favorite 360 game (nor consider it the best either, in my opinion), but it sure is one fun joyride, bullets blazing across you smile. I've barely played it over Live, twice, to be precise, and I've had a ball, should play it on Live more often. Ah, can't wait for the sequel, though.

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 05:25:45 PM »

Quote from: MrDuck on April 09, 2007, 03:48:17 AM

Ah, can't wait for the sequel, though.
Yeah, when does Rainbow 7 come out finally?

PSN ID: EduardoX
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »

Hello from under the rock, but did they fix the Realistic mode bug in the SP campaign?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:24:02 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on April 12, 2007, 10:03:05 PM

Hello from under the rock, but did they fix the Realistic mode bug in the SP campaign?

No.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:12 PM »

So am finally into GRAW. Played the embassy 'defense' level last night.  It has made me a believer.  I'm so happy that it has clicked.

That said, I think I'm gonna trade away R6 to see if I can get GRAW2 or sell it to get funds for GRAW2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: