http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 06:47:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R6: Vegas 2 trailer and screenshots  (Read 1419 times)
KePoW
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50486

think this stuff just came out...is anyone going to be interested in trying this game at all, or is everyone committed to CoD4 and Halo 3 for a while?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:31:51 PM »

Is this a new trailer or the one that came out a few weeks ago? Either way I am excited!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »

I think it's a new one with actual in game stuff.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 20, 2007, 06:31:51 PM

Is this a new trailer or the one that came out a few weeks ago? Either way I am excited!

hmm, dunno...before today, I haven't seen any trailers at all myself
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 20, 2007, 06:32:23 PM

I think it's a new one with actual in game stuff.
Awesome, I will check it out when I get home.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 07:27:39 PM »

the trailer is nothing special....just a teaser with no in game footage....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28:30 PM »

When a game has this many non-gameplay teasers...I get a little wary of the actual in-game stuff.

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 01:36:46 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 20, 2007, 07:28:30 PM

When a game has this many non-gameplay teasers...I get a little wary of the actual in-game stuff.
umm.. it's Rainbow Six... you know, the game that's had umpteen versions with the same basic gameplay.  plus it's had 2 teasers, one of which has a quick bit with gameplay, so don't worry your panties off Nancy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 20, 2007, 06:14:40 PM

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50486

think this stuff just came out...is anyone going to be interested in trying this game at all, or is everyone committed to CoD4 and Halo 3 for a while?

I'm in, friend.

Just Hiro will do.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 01:57:39 AM »

They got big shoes to fill in COD4.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 02:32:58 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 21, 2007, 01:36:46 AM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 20, 2007, 07:28:30 PM

umm.. it's Rainbow Six... you know, the game that's had umpteen versions with the same basic gameplay.  plus it's had 2 teasers, one of which has a quick bit with gameplay, so don't worry your panties off Nancy.

And was already an exceptional FPS in its first iteration. I wouldn't be overly concerned.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »

Hmm cheap Vegas knockoff in COD4 hardcore mode or the real thing?  Vegas all the way for me baby!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 21, 2007, 08:41:25 PM

Hmm cheap Vegas knockoff in COD4 hardcore mode or the real thing?  Vegas all the way for me baby!

Yep, I will probably be all over R6.  I REALLY hope they have a party system.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:48 PM »

From what I've read there's going to be some great additions to the game. First off, you get to create a character (male or female) and design what they look like. This is important because the game is supposed to have a stronger story. Also, not every material in the game is bullet-proof, so thin stuff can be shot through to hit enemies. Also, enemies are smarter when it comes to smoke grenades, in the last game they would smoke the place and fuck themselves up as well, but now they put on their goggles to see through it. This is just what I remember off the top of my head from reading previews.

My guess as to why they haven't shown gameplay yet is that they are still working on the graphics engine, getting it to run smoothly as well as touching up on the detail (I noticed a lot of textures in the game looked plain).

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 12:09:47 AM »

this could knock cod4 off it's 2nd place perch once it hits.  i missed playing the first on live, but i really enjoyed the pc version sp. 

looking forward to it.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 22, 2007, 12:09:47 AM

this could knock cod4 off it's 2nd place perch once it hits.  i missed playing the first on live, but i really enjoyed the pc version sp. 

looking forward to it.

i am willing to hazard a guess that no matter how good R6V2 is, that its going to be a LONG time before COD4 goes anywhere-the game is selling buckets and I am guessing its popularity as a mp shooter is going to only increase over the next few months-especially considering how monumentally superior it is to the game on top of it.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 04:40:16 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 22, 2007, 02:47:57 PM

i am willing to hazard a guess that no matter how good R6V2 is, that its going to be a LONG time before COD4 goes anywhere-the game is selling buckets and I am guessing its popularity as a mp shooter is going to only increase over the next few months-especially considering how monumentally superior it is to the game on top of it.

I dunno, the longterm replay value of COD 4 seems limited unless you really love your prestige icons.  I've played a LOT of COD4 and after awhile when you've learnt the maps, the tactical options start to feel limiting.  COD4 might be superior as pure twitch gaming but Vegas will likely draw over the tactical crowd (I love Vegas cover).  I remember this one time we played with people from these boards.  Someone (I forget who right now) in one map got to a central door with snake cam and he spent the whole round just relaying out target information to us.  That round we beat the other team badly (and this was a good team with Harkonis on their side).  That is just an example of how Vegas is so great at the team tactics level.

I'll give SP to COD4 though and I think that is a big reason why it's selling so well.  SP is short but still much better than Vegas although a co-op mode would have made it perfect.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »

I like CoD4 because it takes me about 2 minutes tops in get into a match, and they move at a quick pace.  It's a great arcade shooter that emphasizes tactics, but not so much that it'll only appeal to those dweebs who bitch about realism.

Vegas is a fun game, but it took FOREVER to get into a match and it was often a frustrating mp experience against other people because I often spawned, walked two steps, then died, and had no idea wtf happened.  Plus the exp system was fucking terrible.

I suppose if Vegas 2's exp system gets fixed to where normal humans can rank up at a good clip, and had a decent auto-matching system, then it'll be awesome like CoD4 is.  As it is right now, I'd give the edge to CoD4.

Just Hiro will do.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 04:58:43 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on December 24, 2007, 05:15:11 AM

I like CoD4 because it takes me about 2 minutes tops in get into a match, and they move at a quick pace.  It's a great arcade shooter that emphasizes tactics, but not so much that it'll only appeal to those dweebs who bitch about realism.

Vegas is a fun game, but it took FOREVER to get into a match and it was often a frustrating mp experience against other people because I often spawned, walked two steps, then died, and had no idea wtf happened.  Plus the exp system was fucking terrible.

I suppose if Vegas 2's exp system gets fixed to where normal humans can rank up at a good clip, and had a decent auto-matching system, then it'll be awesome like CoD4 is.  As it is right now, I'd give the edge to CoD4.

I pretty much endorse this post.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 24, 2007, 04:40:16 AM

I remember this one time we played with people from these boards.  Someone (I forget who right now) in one map got to a central door with snake cam and he spent the whole round just relaying out target information to us.  That round we beat the other team badly (and this was a good team with Harkonis on their side).  That is just an example of how Vegas is so great at the team tactics level.

I remember that match.  It was JarrodHK that was doing all the intel work and I was on your team  nod Great game and great match

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 12:17:02 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 24, 2007, 09:40:35 PM

Quote from: skystride on December 24, 2007, 04:40:16 AM

I remember this one time we played with people from these boards.  Someone (I forget who right now) in one map got to a central door with snake cam and he spent the whole round just relaying out target information to us.  That round we beat the other team badly (and this was a good team with Harkonis on their side).  That is just an example of how Vegas is so great at the team tactics level.

I remember that match.  It was JarrodHK that was doing all the intel work and I was on your team  nod Great game and great match

Just for the record, if Jarrod, Kato and Skystride are on the same team, they can win without the intel.   slywink
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »

all this talk makes me want to pick up the original for some mp if anyone still plays

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »

Some new details.

Better matchup sounds good.  Sounds like the leveling system might be different but it's still not clear how it will work.  Improved Co-Op - does that include being able to follow the story?  I hope they do something about terrorsists spawning too close to you.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »

You got a CoD4 bucket for preorder? Late-to-the-party FTL. frown

slywink actually I picked up AC and COD4 for 89.99 on release day.

R6V2 Will also be on my shelf come launch day. IN with a capitol HELLZYAH.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: