http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 11:35:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R6: Lockdown review on Yahoo....  (Read 473 times)
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

Hrmm..  Lockdown review is out on Yahoo...or at least, was.  

Learned about it from this thread on OO: http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27581

I'd like to know why the review was removed.  During the time we don't know, we can only assume the review was pulled becuase the publisher didn't like it.  I find that personally disturbing.  I like to write reviews of good games, but there are times when games just aren't good.  I would like to have publishers happy with my work because that means they will send us more titles to review.  The downside to this is that it turns into an obligation to 'keep the publisher happy' even if it is never stated outright.  I'm honestly torn because I've been having trouble writing reviews for this reason.  I don't want to sound too negative about a game...but if a game or a feature within is bad, then I need to factor that into my review.

I guess the issue really hinges on who I am writing for, the consumer or the publisher?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »

Well, there is also the small chance that it broke embargo and was temporarily pulled, or pulled for editorial review, or something less sinister like that. I sincerely hope it was something like that, becuase like you as a former and perhaps current reviewer, I find the thought of any publisher influencing a review or score like that utterly abhorrent.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Well, there is also the small chance that it broke embargo and was temporarily pulled, or pulled for editorial review, or something less sinister like that. I sincerely hope it was something like that, becuase like you as a former and perhaps current reviewer, I find the thought of any publisher influencing a review or score like that utterly abhorrent.

And those are pefectly good reasons for the review to have been pulled. smile  I am hoping it is the case.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 05:07:24 AM »

Or maybe cause it's been nicknamed Rainbow 6: Letdown on the Xbox?

I tried it on there. Meh.

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: