http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 01:36:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Q for you Battlefield Fans  (Read 871 times)
Tampa_Gamer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »

I recently tried the demo and like it (I know ancient history..) I am not a big shooter fan - I still have not finished half-life 2.  But I did like the game play in the demo and I did try the Wake Island demo alone just to fly the planes smile  I most likely will play just bot games occassionaly (i.e. SP).  As both (1) WWII Anthology (BF1942 + exp. packs), and (2) BF Vietnam are both at the 19.99 price point this week, I am going to use some accumulated Best Buy reward points to pick this one up as a freebee basically.  So my Q is - which one should I get.  BF Vietnam does not have a demo but it looks people are converting all the BF1942 maps for it.  Should I just get that one for the overall improvements?  Or should I just get the BF1942 anthology and not worry about it?

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
-General George S. Patton
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:22:23 PM »

Go with BF1942.  Vietnam just isn't as good.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 09:31:09 PM »

Of course Battlefield 2 is coming out at the end of the month  :twisted:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 09:45:14 PM »

make sure to get the Desert Combat mod smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 10:23:07 PM »

If all you're going to do is play against bots, I'd highly recommend waiting for Battlefield 2. The bots in BF1942 and BF Vietnam in the shortest way to put it, just plain suck.
Seems like they might even be worse in Vietnam than in the original BF. In Vietnam they get sit there in jeeps doing nothing until a plane comes along and bombs them. You get in the jeep with the bot and he does nothing! So you take him out, take control of the jeep, and go about your business.
In 1942, the AI is like Dynasty Warriors, even when the AI is set to "hard". You run around the map picking them off one by one. Their best defense is "Hey, he's shooting at me! Let me fall down and make it look like the ground gives me cover" of course that only makes it easier, you can run right up to them (literally) and shoot them.
The AI in both games is pathetic.

The multiplayer on the other hand, can be a lot of fun. Having said that, if you're looking for good bots, either wait for Battlefield 2 (supposedly they are a lot better) or check out a game like Unreal Tournament 2004 - where some decent work went into the AI.
Being a bot fan myself, there's no way I could recommend either game for singleplayer.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 11:05:33 PM »

Seconded, wait for Battlefield 2.  Supposedly, they put a lot of work into the new bots for that game.

The bots for BF1942 and BFVN are some of the worst bots in the industry.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 01:17:45 AM »

Plus if you go and grab one of the $10 Battlefield 2 reserve boxes at Best Buy now, you'll get a free Logitech headset in it and $10 credit toward the game when it comes out.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: