http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:15:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about multiple Live accounts on same 360  (Read 637 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »

My wife recently received an Xbox Live gift card for Christmas, and she's looking forward to finally being able to participate in Live get-togethers, such as our weekly Gears of War death-fests.  I understand that two Live accounts are necessary for two people to play Gears of War together on Live on the same 360, but does this work for other games as well?  For example, she would love to play Uno and Texas Hold 'Em with me online, but is it possible for more than one profile with a Live account to be logged in at the same time so that two people can play games like Uno and Texas Hold 'Em together with other friends?  Both of us playing online was never an option before, but now that she'll have her own Live subscription, she'll be able to play along with me, at least with games like Gears of War.  I just hope that she'll have the same ability when some friends and I get together to play a relaxing game of Uno or Texas Hold 'Em.

Does anyone have experience with wanting to play online with more than one Live subscription on the same 360? 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »

It really works on a case by case basis.  Uno and Texas Hold 'em DON'T work together. I tried it and was annoyed that they didn't at first but when you think about it, it makes sense because there would be no way that you wouldn't see each other's cards.

I think you could probably do it on other arcade games and of course games that specifically support split screen live mulitplayer.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »

Two things, she could always play online in most games signed in as your guest. Obviously not in ranked matches but anything goes in unranked matches. That was always an option. Second, still can't play from the same XBox in ranked matches, but yes you both can log in from the same machine to records stats and stuff when playing online. My buddies did this in Perfect Dark Zero.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »

Anyone know the skinny on multiple headsets being used on the same console?   Does it work only if you have separate live accounts?   Does it work if your 2nd headset is the guest?  Does it work at all?

- shaggy

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »

on the first Xbox guests could have and use a headset as well. I can't see that changing for this.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »

Quote from: markus on January 05, 2007, 05:56:59 PM

It really works on a case by case basis.  Uno and Texas Hold 'em DON'T work together. I tried it and was annoyed that they didn't at first but when you think about it, it makes sense because there would be no way that you wouldn't see each other's cards.

Good point.   

Quote from: Tebunker on January 05, 2007, 06:01:11 PM

Two things, she could always play online in most games signed in as your guest. Obviously not in ranked matches but anything goes in unranked matches. That was always an option.

We've done that with Halo 2, but she's disappointed that she can't use a headset.  Instead communication sound defaults to the TV speakers regardless of whether you have a headset plugged in or not, and she isn't given an opportunity to trash talk.  Also, she's been wanting to play along with our MP Gears of War events, but you are unable to have a guest sign on in Gears.  A second profile with a Live account is mandatory.  I'm not sure if this is the case with Rainbow Six Vegas, as I only recently got the game and haven't explored the online multiplayer very much.

Second, still can't play from the same XBox in ranked matches, but yes you both can log in from the same machine to records stats and stuff when playing online. My buddies did this in Perfect Dark Zero.

I doubt she'll want to play in ranked matches, anyway.  She's more interested in playing with friends than random strangers.  Ranking doesn't mean anything to her.  Playing with friends is far more important.  I didn't realize you couldn't play in ranked matches with two accounts, but I guess that would allow for potential cheating, so I can see why this is not allowed. 

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:15:18 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on January 05, 2007, 06:11:25 PM

on the first Xbox guests could have and use a headset as well. I can't see that changing for this.

With Halo 2 you can't use two headsets, and I've heard from others that multiple accounts are necessary to support multiple headsets on the same machine.  I haven't tested this first-hand, but any time I've asked this question I've always been told that multiple headsets don't work unless you have multiple Live accounts. 

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »

That's weird becuase I've played with and have had a guest signed in while playing Gears. I know on a lot of other Xbox games, Crimson Skies for example, you could each have a headset and it would work.

I see why I was able to do this in Gears, wife's profile has a live enabled gamertag. I think it's still on a gold free trial. Totally forgot about that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 07:34:50 PM by Tebunker » Logged

markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 05:24:38 PM »

You can definitley use multiple headsets if two people are signed in under their own live accounts.  I've done it several times and in several games (Small Arms being the most recent).  Not sure about guests though, haven't tried that on the 360.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: