http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 07:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Console Vets  (Read 547 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »

As I'm pretty much a n00b in teh console arena, XBOX being my first console since Genesis...

How long can we expect Xbox to be supported after 360 roles out?  When will games stop being stocked and disappear from the shelves.

Basically my question is: I've got a 10 game backlog now but there are games I want to have in my collection: Brothers in Arms, Psychonauts, etc...  Should I snatch them up now or wait for prices to drop?  Or will everything start disappearing within in 6 months after 360 role out?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 12:10:52 PM »

Nah - you'll still be able to find games for the Xbox for years.  Most game stores had at least a few Dreamcast titles for 3-4 years after Sega killed it off, and it didn't sell nearly as well as the Xbox.  I grew my DC collection significantly by cruising the bargain bins in 2002/2003... ebgames.com often runs 10 games for $50-type deals for EOL consoles.

Even if the games in-store dry up, there's always ebay, half.com, trades, etc.
The only thing to watch out for are potentially rare/collectable games, like Rez or Chrono Trigger.  They could get prohibitively expensive and/or hard to find.  Though I'm not sure which games would qualify on the Xbox.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 02:45:24 PM »

Agreed, unless it is RARE you will be able to find them. Dont worry about it.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 06:18:11 PM »

Absolutely agree on all counts.  In the past several months, I've bought:  Rad Racer for NES for $3;  Dr Mario for N64 (rare) for $20;  many DC games for cheap;  a few PS1 games, many older PS2 games - all cheap or very reasonable. As to how long they'll make good games for the XB, after 360 is launched - only time (and maybe CG's release date info) will tell that.  :?

There are already XBox games that are cheap that would be a good addition to your library, so you could grab those now if you wanted to, just in case.  I'm thinking of a game like Beyond Good and Evil - if anyone ever wakes up to how great a game it is, I suppose it could become a cult classic of some sort.  Most of the games will be waiting for you when you're ready, though - and the most popular will be on your XBox 360 when you're ready for that!  :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: